• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings |OT| Plough 'Em All

Status
Not open for further replies.
DaBuddaDa said:
How come the GoG downloader just says "paused" and isn't downloading the last small chunk?

this happenend to me. Just download 6 and 7 by browser. Then, place those in the TW2 install directory when they are done and relaunch the GOGdownloader. Should finish then.

Spookie

Wonderful. After dicking about all morning trying to buy the game. The piece of shit DRM is now telling my key is invalid.

Edit: So the 2 was a Z, the 0 was an O and the 1 was and I. Fucking game manuals are a joke. To top it off now the DLC code doesn't work.

Van Buren

wilflare said:
anyone has a list of what each buff/debuff stands for?
the manual/in-game doesn't seem to provide any description :/

If you are referring to potions and oils, the journal does a great job of summarizing them. If you are speaking about the general buffs and debuffs like sign intensity, bleeding, and so on, I haven't come across any source of information for that besides having experienced them in the first game.

Hulud

Should I go ahead and order a GTX 580 to replace my 460? I really wanted to wait until closer to Battlefield 3's release date to decide what new card to get but it seems this game is destroying people's GPUs... :(

wwm0nkey

Hulud said:
Should I go ahead and order a GTX 580 to replace my 460? I really wanted to wait until closer to Battlefield 3's release date to decide what new card to get but it seems this game is destroying people's GPUs... :(
Get another 460, SLI and problem solved.

ThoseDeafMutes said:
Fuck, Nvidia is still running 1280mb cards in 2013?!
Probably a 4 slot, 700 watt tdp card too with an external radiator like on a fridge (comes with wall mounting brackets) and the refridgerator drone from the little pump that goes with it.
They'll call it Vapor Chamber MX (geforce 4 owners will get the reference).

Tokubetsu

Cheech said:
Same here. Damn it. If AMD doesn't come through this week with a profile, it's time to rage.

I'm surprised they haven't already TBH. I totally expected 11.6 yesterday (or some point today) with updated CF profiles

wwm0nkey

is it me or does ATI keep doping the ball with their drivers? First Brink and now it seems people have problems with this as well. Also Open GL things seem to do poor on the cards as well (Strangers Wrath is a good example)

Zeliard

Van Buren said:
If you are referring to potions and oils, the journal does a great job of summarizing them. If you are speaking about the general buffs and debuffs like sign intensity, bleeding, and so on, I haven't come across any source of information for that besides having experienced them in the first game.

Actually there are journal entries in the tutorial section on things like that. The one on "Basics: Signs" describes Sign intensity and Sign damage bonuses and there's another entry on critical effects. Those are labeled "Basics" so presumably there are also more advanced tutorials coming.

AgentOtaku said:
That still didn't fix it for me. I had to manually download part 6 and 7

That's shitty, seems a few people have had issues with the downloader.

How do I use my potions? I'm guessing I'm in a boss fight and I keep getting my ass kicked just before I clear the mob.

I tried double clicking but they're locked somehow.

syoaran

got 7mins before I have to go away for the next two days, Steam servers overloaded....... NOOOO

Hopefully the remote software for my iPad will work when I get there..

Sethos

Banned
wwm0nkey said:
is it me or does ATI keep doping the ball with their drivers? First Brink and now it seems people have problems with this as well. Also Open GL things seem to do poor on the cards as well (Strangers Wrath is a good example)

Seems more like developers are getting generous sums from nVidia to crowbar in their logos and specifically optimize it for their GPUs and just leave AMD out in the cold when it comes to corporation in creating profiles and whatnot.

But hey, what do I know - I'm crazy.

wwm0nkey

syoaran said:
got 7mins before I have to go away for the next two days, Steam servers overloaded....... NOOOO

Hopefully the remote software for my iPad will work when I get there..
Switch your download server

Zeliard

CabbageRed said:
Ugh... Ultra is killing my 2 unlocked 6950's and I'm getting no sound. Not a great start.

Disable Ubersampling through the external config menu. Also not sure if Crossfire is working for you.

Geralt, my face is up here!

5729361927_fe4ed09d2d_z.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz (not OC'd yet)
4GB DDR3
GTX 570

My copy is still shipping. I intend to run at 1920x1080, ubersampling disabled. With everything else cranked, what kind of performance can I expect?

Hulud

SneakyStephan said:
Kind of an akward time to upgrade from a 460 though.
Halfway between releases, still quite decent, huge cost to get any significant upgrade.
I know. FML. Is the 580 really not worth the price tag? I thought DICE said they have been running the BF3 demos on one of those...

Performance on high is tolerable for me (HD4870 1gb, 6 gigs of ram, i5 760 2.8ghz).

The game is stunning. Stunning. With some settings tweaks and a driver update or two from AMD, I'll be more than happy with smooth play on high.

I'm almost tempted to jump the gun on my Battlefield 3 upgrade. I didn't think a game would come along before then that would be worth it.

Hulud

bluedeviltron said:
I'm almost tempted to jump the gun on my Battlefield 3 upgrade. I didn't think a game would come along before then that would be worth it.
I'm tempted to do the exact same.

wwm0nkey

Hulud said:
I know. FML. Is the 580 really not worth the price tag? I thought DICE said they have been running the BF3 demos on one of those...
Well the 580 is a multi core GPU isnt it? So I dont see why 2 460's wont do the job just fine if not better than 1 580.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
wwm0nkey said:
Well the 580 is a multi core GPU isnt it? So I dont see why 2 460's wont do the job just fine if not better than 1 580.

nope the 580 is the fasted single gpu card out there

Hulud said:

580 is supposed to be the bomb.
Not sure how obnoxiously loud it is though, I hear it's less bad than a 480 but standards seem to have ... shifted.
These days people are happy if they can't hear their card with their headphones on with music playing , while their desk is parked in the middle of a freeway at rush hour during a storm with a wedding parade passing by.

Anyhow it sure is easier to feel good about a 200 dollar card that's a huge upgrade than having to spend 500.
I remember back when I got my 4870 (up from a radeon 9800pro!) , boy that felt good.

To think that I'm never going to be satisfied with any women that I meet in real life because no one will ever live up to Triss.

Honestly, I think she is exactly the women of my dreams. I love red heads, I love that face, that perfect body, that that sex crazed mannerism that she seems to have (and the way she walks and stands). She's perfect.

Okay... a bit much, but it's the truth.

I am going to LOVE this game.

Currently have to play without crossfire and playing on ultra with Cinematic DOF disabled to give me frames and to be honest it looks just as good. I'll get LA Noire on Thursday. Play that all through and then hopefully by the time I finish that they'll have fixed my Crossfire issues and have some CAP improvements ready to go and I'll be able to play with DOF on ultra. Even without it I still feel like this is the most beautiful game I've ever played.

Quite a few times I've stopped and just looked around at the scenes. Haven't even finished the Prologue yet and I've been playing for almost 3 hours! This game is everything I wanted and more... at one point I was loving it SO Much that I had tears of joy in my eyes.

SOOOO GOOD. It's giving me more enjoyment than I ever expected.

Combat is DAMN hard, but it's GOOD hard. You know that when you get beaten it's because you stuffed up in some way and that's good, and when you get good at combat (which I'm starting to really improve) it feels really good.

Damn.... so damn good.

Zeliard

EatChildren said:
i5 @ 3.3Ghz (not OC'd yet)
4GB DDR3
GTX 570

My copy is still shipping. I intend to run at 1920x1080, ubersampling disabled. With everything else cranked, what kind of performance can I expect?

You'll attain high frames and it will look magnificent. It's specifically ubersampling that is stomping most high-end rigs to the ground. That i5 is a k series I hope :p If so definitely look into OC'ing it. They overclock beautifully and effortlessly.

elwes

Just reached Chapter 1. Game is AWESOME so far. Quen is pretty much the only ability I use right now.

I really want to keep on playing, but it's 6am and I need some sleep for work. D:

Tokubetsu

ColonialRaptor said:
To think that I'm never going to be satisfied with any women that I meet in real life because no one will ever live up to Triss.

Honestly, I think she is exactly the women of my dreams. I love red heads, I love that face, that perfect body, that that sex crazed mannerism that she seems to have (and the way she walks and stands). She's perfect.

Okay... a bit much, but it's the truth.

I am going to LOVE this game.

Currently have to play without crossfire and playing on ultra with Cinematic DOF disabled to give me frames and to be honest it looks just as good. I'll get LA Noire on Thursday. Play that all through and then hopefully by the time I finish that they'll have fixed my Crossfire issues and have some CAP improvements ready to go and I'll be able to play with DOF on ultra. Even without it I still feel like this is the most beautiful game I've ever played.

Quite a few times I've stopped and just looked around at the scenes. Haven't even finished the Prologue yet and I've been playing for almost 3 hours! This game is everything I wanted and more... at one point I was loving it SO Much that I had tears of joy in my eyes.

SOOOO GOOD. It's giving me more enjoyment than I ever expected.

Combat is DAMN hard, but it's GOOD hard. You know that when you get beaten it's because you stuffed up in some way and that's good, and when you get good at combat (which I'm starting to really improve) it feels really good.

Damn.... so damn good.

Wait, what cfx issue are you having? (4870x2 here)

Zeliard

elwes said:
Just reached Chapter 1. Game is AWESOME so far. Quen is pretty much the only ability I use right now.

I really want to keep on playing, but it's 6am and I need some sleep for work. D:

Sleep?

Sleep means nothing.

*goes to refill cup of coffee*

wilflare

Zeliard said:
Actually there are journal entries in the tutorial section on things like that. The one on "Basics: Signs" describes Sign intensity and Sign damage bonuses and there's another entry on critical effects. Those are labeled "Basics" so presumably there are also more advanced tutorials coming.

That's shitty, seems a few people have had issues with the downloader.

awesome thanks man!
i activated one of them and had zero idea what did they mean.
i shall go take a look

JohngPR

I slept for a few hours before 3AM just so I can stay up and tweak my settings. :p

I think I'm done tweaking my settings for now, so it's time to REALLY play the game!

Sethos

Banned
I either did something brilliant or stupid. Dropped in all the files from another version to the Steam folder and started verifying the integrity ... Stuck at 50% for a while now =P Either I'll save 2 hours+ due to the slow download speeds or I have to start all over again.

JohngPR said:
I slept for a few hours before 3AM just so I can stay up and tweak my settings. :p

I think I'm done tweaking my settings for now, so it's time to REALLY play the game!

A real pc gamer is never done tweaking!
NEVER.

Long after the sun has exploded and man has migrated to different parts of the galaxy, people will still be messing with their crysis config.

also counter strike will still top the steam player statistic charts

Zeliard said:
Disable Ubersampling through the external config menu. Also not sure if Crossfire is working for you.

Thanks. Killing ubersampling helped, switching to 5.1 fixed the sound, and crossfire isn't working for me. I'm really surprised that a profile wasn't already available. What's odd is that both GPU's are reporting 100 percent usage during the intro, but disabling crossfire has no effect on performance.

Tokubetsu said:
Wait, what cfx issue are you having? (4870x2 here)

Flickering when trying to make use of both cores... by default, it runs fine - but use Radeon Pro to enable any other CrossfireX Profile and flickering goes nuts but my frame rate just about doubles... :/

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Zeliard said:
You'll attain high frames and it will look magnificent. It's specifically ubersampling that is stomping most high-end rigs to the ground. That i5 is a k series I hope :p If so definitely look into OC'ing it. They overclock beautifully and effortlessly.

My throbbing penis longs for this game to arrive.

It's a K series, but I've never OC'd an Intel CPU, only AMD and that was a good few years ago. I'm extremely rusty, but I did buy it specifically to OC.

Anybody got some tips and tutorials they can point me in the direction of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom