• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thunder Force franchise thread of heavy metal, good ruck, and the Knights of Legend!

My favorite shooter series! The music and gameplay is second to none. Had them all except the original, and the PSX version of V (I had the Saturn version).

I haven't forgot about finishing this thread, dudes. But the last part takes a lot of willpower, of which I've been diverting to AirMech and homework, so I'll get on this after dinner.

wondermega

how is AirMech? Should I let HZ sit happily in my memories of the past, or is it worth exhuming as a "modern-day reimagining?"

Also, Gaiares was no TF3, but it was still pretty damn fun. Waiting for the Gaf Official Gley Lancer thread.. twenty more years!

how is AirMech? Should I let HZ sit happily in my memories of the past, or is it worth exhuming as a "modern-day reimagining?"

Also, Gaiares was no TF3, but it was still pretty damn fun. Waiting for the Gaf Official Gley Lancer thread.. twenty more years!

Gaiares was great but indeed, it was no TFIII.

AirMech is great so far, from what I've fiddled around with it. Try it, it's free. I'm waiting for a commercial release.

Ninja Dom

Can't wait for part 3.

Hopefully we can discuss Elemental Master on Genesis/Megadrive, a vertical scroller by the same Thunderforce 3 team.

AirMech is really good for a game in Alpha. The mechanical base is solid as a rock and fast as hell, and there are a lot of tweaks made to modernize it (ex. more lenience with fuel, constant spawning of creeps MOBA style, being able to customize your unit set-up for each game). Sign up for the Alpha if you haven't yet, because it's just gic.

Herbert Moon

Neo Member
I bought a Genesis and a few games last summer in the hopes to start a decent collection (I was always a Nintendo and Sony guy back in the day, so I missed out on a lot of the great Sega systems and games). One of the games I bought with the Genesis was Thunder Force 3. I had no idea what "Thunder Force" was, and had never played an actual shooter before. I expected a pretty crappy game to be honest, but boy was I wrong...

Dat music!
Those backgrounds and level design!
Dat shootin!

All I really came in here to say is that TF3 is great, and was a really cool way to introduce me to the Genesis, and shooters in general.

Top Bottom