• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

Omega

Banned
Sorry whoever I just rage quit on but im done with this game for awhile.

I posted earlier how I destroyed people with the arc cannon playing solo, and playing another team full of arc cannon/particle wallers was too much.

Respawn is never going to fix it, and even if they tried they showed they have no idea how to actually fix something considering the Carbine is still the best gun by far

Mr Croft

I posted earlier how I destroyed people with the arc cannon playing solo, and playing another team full of arc cannon/particle wallers was too much.

Respawn is never going to fix it, and even if they tried they showed they have no idea how to actually fix something considering the Carbine is still the best gun by far

this is a solid fact. A team of arc cannon particle wall titans is pretty unbeatable. No other weapons can make a comeback on it. And we been beating the carbine issue like a dead horse. Either way neither will be fixed you literally have to be running a full team of arc cannon to beat a full arc cannon team.... And it sucks because at Gen 10 you think you can play how you want; but you can't because one weapon runs the game lol. Oh well epsi I know how you feel unless I have at least 5 of the brehs I dont play. And everyone has to have a backup arc cannon class at this point.

tauke

this is a solid fact. A team of arc cannon particle wall titans is pretty unbeatable. No other weapons can make a comeback on it. And we been beating the carbine issue like a dead horse. Either way neither will be fixed you literally have to be running a full team of arc cannon to beat a full arc cannon team.... And it sucks because at Gen 10 you think you can play how you want; but you can't because one weapon runs the game lol. Oh well epsi I know how you feel unless I have at least 5 of the brehs I dont play. And everyone has to have a backup arc cannon class at this point.

I find Arc Cannon to be very lethal in full charge if the enemy titans stick around together. Well I managed to win this match thanks to Arc Cannon chain reaction.

JxPdlbK.jpg

And with the wonder of matchmaking, I got swapped with CPTJack88 in the next match and all is hell in MFD with me being the MVP of the losing team (1 vs 10).

Seriously some players just don't get the objective of the game mode. Being marked but happily run into the firefight while others don't bother chasing the marked enemy...

How is the matchmaking still so shit? Every other game I'm getting teamed up with people still on there first match.

Haha this is the kinda shit I mean. Who the fuck goes 1 to 9 at nearly Gen 2? Do people just play with their feet?

sometimes people have off games

jesus fuck, and i wonder why people automatically assume i'm an asshole at gen 10.

do people really pull the "lol ur bad" shit in this game too? I got it to get away from cod.

tauke

sometimes people have off games

jesus fuck, and i wonder why people automatically assume i'm an asshole at gen 10.

do people really pull the "lol ur bad" shit in this game too? I got it to get away from cod.

I wish Respawn will hide the Gen chips in the next update and make a special in-game profile if someone curious to see what Gen is the player at.

Roflobear

Judging from this thread, yup. Also sometimes I let my friends play on my account and it's not like they play this game 24/7. Can account for some "off" games too. I can't understand how people buy multiplayer shooters and are flabbergasted by poor performances. This shit isn't new to Titanfall

Mr Croft

It doesn't matter what you play. You will always be called bad if you suck. Someone said I suck at puzzle fighter.... Freaking puzzle fighter....I'm surprised you are surprised that people don't say that in an fps regardless of what it is.

I can see how the arc cannon can be a problem in LTS but it's not so much a problem in the other gametypes. And leave the carbine alone.

Stop trying to curb stomp everything to the point it's all equal. Maybe you want us to all walk around with dual maullers.

1v1 me or go home.

Judging from this thread, yup. Also sometimes I let my friends play on my account and it's not like they play this game 24/7. Can account for some "off" games too. I can't understand how people buy multiplayer shooters and are flabbergasted by poor performances. This shit isn't new to Titanfall

Yup...

It doesn't matter what you play. You will always be called bad if you suck. Someone said I suck at puzzle fighter.... Freaking puzzle fighter....I'm surprised you are surprised that people don't say that in an fps regardless of what it is.

Most of us moved past the "lol this guy is so bad what a scrub" stage after we turned 13

also, fuck you, grime.

and the yankees

TrueGrime

We may have... But 80% of xbox live hasn't.

This joke will never die

And yea fuck you grime freaking Yankees fan.... Disgusting

Great things are usually hated. :)

true. I'm rather enjoying PSN so far on the PS4 for warframe and such. Going back to NHL and Titanfall on 360 is like a fucking cesspool.

It's amazing how much trash talk has gone down since getting my XB1 from the 360. Thank god for an amazing party chat system.

It's not even party chat. Like, i actually hear people WITH KIDS instead of kids in warframe. Could be that kids can't afford the new systems yet.

tauke

That was quick.

injWxgH938nrE.gif

That was an unfair match though lol but I'll still take any wins from good team play.

nkUvAb8.png

After HelloMeow left, I'm dominating this MFD match... with my uber 300+ ping. I'm unsure if other players see me appearing in the past or the future.

I've only played 2/3 of the Frontier's Edge maps so far but I really didn't like either one of them. I like almost all of the games maps including Expedition's, but for some reason my impression of these is leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

Yeh I'm on EU West, add MrStabby6 when you're next on!

Edit:Getting soooooo many "Connection timed out" messages lately as well, nothing changed on my end of the connection so something is fucking up on the servers. Really a pain in the ass using a burn card only to get disconnected from the match and lose the card before using it.

Edit:Edit:Well here's the cherry on top to end my pretty poor night on Titanfall. Already been disconnected from 3 games tonight mid game, but this one happened a second after joining a game.

What does it even mean?!
Since the latest update on console when I get disconnected mid-match a message says "lost connection to the xbox live servers" but guess what, i'm still connected everywhere else on my xbox, it's so dumb.

It makes me think that a single second of signal loss will kick you.

Omega

Banned
I can see how the arc cannon can be a problem in LTS but it's not so much a problem in the other gametypes. And leave the carbine alone.

Stop trying to curb stomp everything to the point it's all equal. Maybe you want us to all walk around with dual maullers.

1v1 me or go home.
I am home doe..

garath

Yay. Finally got some solid time in. First time since the baby came. Matchmaking was pretty good for the most part. All gen 1 with a handful of 2-3 gens. This got thrown off when a gen 9 got added to the mix. It was fun playing against him though.

Unlocked the arc cannon. I'm not a fan. Maybe I'm not using it right. I greatly prefer the 40mm cannon. More my speed.

Yay. Finally got some solid time in. First time since the baby came. Matchmaking was pretty good for the most part. All gen 1 with a handful of 2-3 gens. This got thrown off when a gen 9 got added to the mix. It was fun playing against him though.

Unlocked the arc cannon. I'm not a fan. Maybe I'm not using it right. I greatly prefer the 40mm cannon. More my speed.

Takes getting used to.

Special C

"It's a Trap" not unlock for anyone else? Got 2 kills with it so far and it won't pop, which is annoying considering it's a stupid achievement to have to go for.

I am home doe..

Then go to the bar.

In all seriousness i hope this doesn't turn into another Gears of War situation where people unjustly complain so much that the second installment is effectively shit because of it. The Carbine is the utility weapon, it's the most effective gun for the most variety of play. It doesn't actually dominate any other gun in one particular thing.

People bitched and moaned about the shotgun in gears 1 but that's what made that game fucking fun. Did people really think it was fun hiding behind pillars firing an automatic rifle at some other idiot behind a pillar? Apparently they did and Gears 2 fucking SUCKED.

Please don't let this happen to Titanfall. It's nice to have a weapon that will allow an even, level competitive match. If you want to use one particular weapon so badly use it, but adjust your play.

tauke

QFrUfr6.jpg

I censored the names and chat for fear of account banning--

Done playing on the DEVONLY LOBBY and it's Pilot Hunter mode with 20 secs Titan respawn cooldown!

And everyone start to nuclear ejection till kingdom come.

Kolgar

Still loving this game on 360, and the community seems healthy--still bringing in new people.

Can any 360 players comment on the health of the community for the new maps and Season Pass? I'm thinking of picking up the Season Pass, but I'm fine staying vanilla if it's not worthwhile.

Thanks.

And everyone start to nuclear ejection till kingdom come.

This reminds me of something I did in last titan standing, I had a stryder with nuke eject, dashed around the map on the smaller training area looking stage and blew up 3 ogres hanging back, felt good.

Omega

Banned
Then go to the bar.

In all seriousness i hope this doesn't turn into another Gears of War situation where people unjustly complain so much that the second installment is effectively shit because of it. The Carbine is the utility weapon, it's the most effective gun for the most variety of play. It doesn't actually dominate any other gun in one particular thing.

People bitched and moaned about the shotgun in gears 1 but that's what made that game fucking fun. Did people really think it was fun hiding behind pillars firing an automatic rifle at some other idiot behind a pillar? Apparently they did and Gears 2 fucking SUCKED.

Please don't let this happen to Titanfall. It's nice to have a weapon that will allow an even, level competitive match. If you want to use one particular weapon so badly use it, but adjust your play.

Gears is my favorite console shooter series.

The two games aren't really comparable. Titanfall is a modern shooter where there are no weapon pickups, loadout based, no strategic layout to maps and just straight run n gun. Gears is about the complete opposite.

What separates Gears from Titanfall, is that while the shotgun was the utility weapon, other weapons had uses. Your rifle allowed you to have cover fire for a teammate trying to pick up a weapon, or to down an enemy trying to pick up a weapon. Power weapons are power weapons so not much needs to be said.

I actually don't care about the Carbine. It's good, but whatever. The nature of these modern shooters is that there is always going to be one weapon that is far better than others. It's what happens when you have to have 40 guns so people don't cry your game has no content.

But the Arc Cannon/Particle Wall is fucking stupid. There's not much I complain about in games in terms of balance, this is one of them. There's literally no drawbacks to that combo, as you don't even need to worry about getting rodeo'd. Just shoot a grunt and it can chain to the pilot.

Unless I'm missing something, someone explain to me how you stop a competent player who uses that setup because I'm just not seeing it.

But the Arc Cannon/Particle Wall is fucking stupid. There's not much I complain about in games in terms of balance, this is one of them. There's literally no drawbacks to that combo, as you don't even need to worry about getting rodeo'd. Just shoot a grunt and it can chain to the pilot.

Unless I'm missing something, someone explain to me how you stop a competent player who uses that setup because I'm just not seeing it.

Gears 1 was my second fav game of last gen (ShadowRun being the first). I think they ruined the game for the second installment and even some of the third by takign focus away from the shotgun. But that franchise could be dead so that's all i'll say about that.

What mode are you seeing that setup dominate in? It doesn't dominate as much in other game types unless there's multiple titans rocking that combo on a team then it can get pretty ridiculous.And any time i do encounter such a situation i change load out to spitfire and focus on taking them out as quickly as possible and since they don't have smoke it tends to work.

Omega

Banned
Gears 1 was my second fav game of last gen (ShadowRun being the first). I think they ruined the game for the second installment and even some of the third by takign focus away from the shotgun. But that franchise could be dead so that's all i'll say about that.

What mode are you seeing that setup dominate in? It doesn't dominate as much in other game types unless there's multiple titans rocking that combo on a team then it can get pretty ridiculous.And any time i do encounter such a situation i change load out to spitfire and focus on taking them out as quickly as possible and since they don't have smoke it tends to work.

LTS.

But I've just destroyed people when I use the scumbag loadout in other gametypes. and unless it was a one time thing, smoke isn't even necessary.

I wish I didn't have the strugglebox so I could have posted when I was able to arc cannon a pilot off my back since it chains.

Jito

Banned
Man I'm glad they got rid of the OP shotgun and wall bouncing in Gears. What a shit way to play the game, bouncing towards people then blowing them in half every time.

LTS.

But I've just destroyed people when I use the scumbag loadout in other gametypes. and unless it was a one time thing, smoke isn't even necessary.

I wish I didn't have the strugglebox so I could have posted when I was able to arc cannon a pilot off my back since it chains.

I don't play LTS so i couldn't even comment. I think i may have played a handful of LTS in all this time. Though, I don't think that game mode should be the focus of any changes to the core aspect of the game since it's really just about 1 element of the whole game.

Man I'm glad they got rid of the OP shotgun and wall bouncing in Gears. What a shit way to play the game, bouncing towards people then blowing them in half every time.

What? Please don't. It is what separated Gears from other shooters. It was the main gunplay in the game that actually required battling an opponent. Yippeee you fired at me from behind a pillar, now let me pop up and fire at you. Come on breh you killed the franchise.

Jito

Banned
I think it being a fast paced cover shooter is what separated it from other shooters. No surprise there that most people played it as a cover shooter, how Epic intended, not bumper cars with shotguns.

I'm not your breh ;D

Daemul

Still loving this game on 360, and the community seems healthy--still bringing in new people.

Can any 360 players comment on the health of the community for the new maps and Season Pass? I'm thinking of picking up the Season Pass, but I'm fine staying vanilla if it's not worthwhile.

Thanks.

It's good man, I have no problems finding games, even in less popular modes like Pilot Hunter. Even with the segregated playerbase due to the Map Pack, I still see lots of new players, which is good news, since it shows that people like the game enough to shell out for the season pass after only a couple hours play. That's the sign of a great game.

Obviously with the constant migration to next gen consoles, the user base will decline over time, so it might not be worth it to shell out for the season pass. Saying that, the last map pack will be out by the end of the year, so the player base will still be big enough for you to find games.

It's up to you.

Tomash

If anyone is stuck on Look Out Bellow Gen 8->9 challenge, go into Marked for Death playlist and you have a chance to get into devonly lobby, pilot hunter on overlook, with 20 sec Titan cooldown. Took me an hour to get 40 titanfall kills.

HelloMeow

They didn't. The shotgun in Gears 2 was super inconsistent because of bad hit detection. They did add stopping power in Gears 2 and made the rifles stronger in Gears 3.

Wall bouncing became easier and more effective, because you could cancel getting sucked into cover.

I played a lot of Gears back in the day.

Jito

Banned
They didn't. The shotgun in Gears 2 was super inconsistent because of bad hit detection. They did add stopping power in Gears 2 and made the rifles stronger in Gears 3.

Wall bouncing became easier and more effective, because you could cancel getting sucked into cover.

I played a lot of Gears back in the day.

Ah right, I didn't play much of 2 but really liked the rifle buffs in 3, retro lancer was my shit. Loved tossing smoke grenades and bayonet charging right into people. Definetly didn't see as many people bouncing about in 3, was it still popular with the hardcore players?

I think it being a fast paced cover shooter is what separated it from other shooters. No surprise there that most people played it as a cover shooter, how Epic intended, not bumper cars with shotguns.

I'm not your breh ;D

How Epic intended? Did epic intend on killing their franchise? Cuz that's what happened.

They made it less gritty, less about the shotgun, and killed it.

nice. BRAH

Izuna

Banned
dnsTlEkl.jpg

This was a funny game. All 4 of my deaths were from Auto-titans who shot me with perfect 40mm, even in the air haha.

There were 6 people on the other team but they left at the end game.

cgiWNwSl.jpg

I probably had the best teammate since the DLC came out and I have played solo.

Top Bottom