• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall |OT2| Press X To Respawn

Daemul

There is nothing better than when you're in the middle of enemies and about to be Marked for Death, and you throw down a Satchel and take yourself out so that to spawn somewhere safer.

It's the only way I ever die in that mode lol

Mr Croft

LTS.

But I've just destroyed people when I use the scumbag loadout in other gametypes. and unless it was a one time thing, smoke isn't even necessary.

I wish I didn't have the strugglebox so I could have posted when I was able to arc cannon a pilot off my back since it chains.

you used two of my words...you owe me $ 3.76

not just LTS but pilot hunter and grunt hunter too. Any kill based match that combo runs the game because it crushes titans and the chain lighting from grunt to pilot or even titan to pilot is poop.

I can't speak on gears because I dont like the game at all; but the shotgun is the reason why I stopped playing it. I got sick of being killed from super far from a shotgun. Carbine gets attacked because it is the best is almost any situation and it is the level 1 gun no unlocks required lol. It makes all other unlocked able guns pointless. I mean I still use the hemlock but that's where the brunt of the hate comes from

Izuna

Banned
Still haven't stopped using the 40mm.

I highly doubt Arc Cannon is better though. I wish I could Goose with the 40MM though. I have never done it before.

I use Electric Smoke because with the Cluster Missile and Big punch, you can easily trap people into chasing after you by dashing through and making them dash/punch them back into the cluster.

You can also smoke and cluster while you are manual ejecting, which tend to mess up pilots from completely running away.

Mr Croft

Still haven't stopped using the 40mm.

I highly doubt Arc Cannon is better though.

soon-cat-bowl.jpg

There is nothing better than when you're in the middle of enemies and about to be Marked for Death, and you throw down a Satchel and take yourself out so that to spawn somewhere safer.

It's the only way I ever die in that mode lol

Interesting strategy I must say. Never thought about it.

I killed a marked target the other night by dropping a Titan on him. I didn't REALLY expect it to work but...yeah lol. He was in his own Titan and fighting another Titan so I just threw it down in his direction. That is a really fun game mode, I enjoy it a lot.

Argonomic

Sorry whoever I just rage quit on but im done with this game for awhile.

I posted earlier how I destroyed people with the arc cannon playing solo, and playing another team full of arc cannon/particle wallers was too much.

Respawn is never going to fix it, and even if they tried they showed they have no idea how to actually fix something considering the Carbine is still the best gun by far

Is the arc cannon comment specific to LTS?

Omega

Banned
Is the arc cannon comment specific to LTS?

Specifically LTS.

In my opinion it's really strong in the other playlists as well, mainly because you don't actually have to shoot a pilot to kill him, you can shoot the air next to him and it still registers as a hit

tauke

Often I find the Arc Cannon weakness is against the 40mm Cannon as it disrupt my aiming whenever I get hit in LTS.

Some players will usually try to take out the Arc Cannon user by nuclear ejection means as I've encountered last night.

Argonomic

The Arc Cannon was highly debated during development. It messes up your view makes it more frustrating to fight against than the other weapons. The bounce effect doesn't read well in first person, which is particularly OP in LTS because the effect stacks. It is the only weapon that isn't countered by Vortex, and it is the only weapon that can shoot rockets out of the air. It doesn't have to reload.

On the other hand, it doesn't even work at long range, and it's not the bets short range titan vs titan weapon.

If anyone is stuck on Look Out Bellow Gen 8->9 challenge, go into Marked for Death playlist and you have a chance to get into devonly lobby, pilot hunter on overlook, with 20 sec Titan cooldown. Took me an hour to get 40 titanfall kills.

or you guys could do it the real way instead of cheating

fucking christ

ruins the point of regen challenges

Omega

Banned
40MM doesn't do anything if they have particle wall. Also, if it's a party of 6 they can just rush. You might get some hits on them, but then you'll be stuck in an endless arc cannon loop where you won't be able to see while still taking damage.

It has ridiculous range considering what it's capable of doing. On Export, I got shot from a guy under the bridge and I was up near the corner of the map.

+ Distorts vision
+ Chains to hit anything in the vicinity
+ Can shoot rockets out the air, so lol you trying to shoot me
+ Charges quick
+ Has a mod that won't let you fire until you max charge, so you can just walk around tapping RT and when you see an enemy shoot him instantly

That person can most likely only counter with a few shots at best if they have a chaingun, or one or two from a 40MM.

Apparently it drains vortex shield quicker. I don't use Vortex so i wouldn't know for sure. It seems to drop particle walls quicker than other weapons so that wouldn't surprise me.

Specifically LTS.

In my opinion it's really strong in the other playlists as well, mainly because you don't actually have to shoot a pilot to kill him, you can shoot the air next to him and it still registers as a hit

It's not that strong in other playlists unless multiple titans are using it. It's not quick enough to take out multiple pilots.

Welfare

So is there an ETA on my 2 achievements popping? I was supposed to get Haven Victor and Export Victor, but they still haven't popped. I even have this problem with a Crimson Dragon achievement. I think I got those during the time when Live was screwy, but come on, 4 days later and they still haven't popped.

HelloMeow

I haven't found playing against the arc cannon to be more difficult than playing against the other weapons. If they're using particle wall, just rush them, or flank them. Timing your vortex shield seems to help. It also helps if you shoot a cluster missile next around their particle wall, because then they have to move.

TrueGrime

I haven't found playing against the arc cannon to be more difficult than playing against the other weapons. If they're using particle wall, just rush them, or flank them. Timing your vortex shield seems to help. It also helps if you shoot a cluster missile next around their particle wall, because then they have to move.

Check this clip. http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=...jjam&vid=757325b6-b48b-4014-9883-ab291523da86

Not really that good since my health is shit but I posted it for the first arc cannon shot. That shot is at long range and it basically ate my entire shield. If I were closer the damage would be worse and eat into my health. The other titan has dash capacity as well. The arc shot will completely drain your vortex shield. I'd love to do some testing with someone else but I think three shots with capacitor at any range will doom you. In a 1v1 battle, running might save you but charging one is a mistake IMO.

Omega

Banned

or they can just back up 4 inches..

rushing a competent player with arc cannon doesn't really work. Rushing a competent team of arc cannons is suicide, not to mention futile since they're going to rush you anyway since what do they have to be scared of? Your slow ass 40MM that doesn't distort vision? Or maybe your triple threat that only shoots 3 times then has a slow ass reload.

So what changes have they made to the game since release? I basically haven't played since the 3rd or 4th week but I got on today and noticed a decent amount of changes. Mainly that the Carbine's buns now or feels like it at least. Maybe it's just from my lack of playing but the auto aim seemed a lot less snappy than it used to be too.

Yep only time I really struggle with arc users is when they have someone else ganging up on me. Particle walls are nothing if you have a cluster or dashes available. Just rush them and make them move.

Of course a group of arc users will be more difficult, but then again a group of any weapon will make it deadlier. The problem with the arc is the transfer damage and most people are not coordinated enough to attack arc users without being bunched up, and then on some maps it's downright impossible almost.

Turtling them is good to. Stay at a distance and let them come to you and just chip away. I don't see any way to nerf the weapon without making it worthless. It takes forever to charge and has a pretty lame range. It should be pretty great if they can hit you with it. Combined with a particle wall I guess removes one of the weaknesses as you're no longer a sitting duck while charging, but that can be said for anyone weapon + wall combo.

by the way did they lower the damage of satchels in this new update? I have at least 5 times now had dudes literally run through satchel explosions right under their feet and take 0 damage. Like it's a glitch or something, idk. Never had it happen until the update.

I have gotten 3 rail gun cards through Titan packs. I wonder if its any good. The rail gun used to be my favorite weapon back when the game first launched and we all sucked. Now I laugh any time I see someone using it.

HelloMeow

Check this clip. http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=...jjam&vid=757325b6-b48b-4014-9883-ab291523da86

Not really that good since my health is shit but I posted it for the first arc cannon shot. That shot is at long range and it basically ate my entire shield. If I were closer the damage would be worse and eat into my health. The other titan has dash capacity as well. The arc shot will completely drain your vortex shield. I'd love to do some testing with someone else but I think three shots with capacitor at any range will doom you. In a 1v1 battle, running might save you but charging one is a mistake IMO.

or they can just back up 4 inches..

rushing a competent player with arc cannon doesn't really work. Rushing a competent team of arc cannons is suicide, not to mention futile since they're going to rush you anyway since what do they have to be scared of? Your slow ass 40MM that doesn't distort vision? Or maybe your triple threat that only shoots 3 times then has a slow ass reload.

Looks like I've got to record some footage of me kicking some arc cannon ass with a 40mm.

Mr Croft

by the way did they lower the damage of satchels in this new update? I have at least 5 times now had dudes literally run through satchel explosions right under their feet and take 0 damage. Like it's a glitch or something, idk. Never had it happen until the update.

Yea it received a damage reduction or damage radius reduction.
Looks like I've got to record some footage of me kicking some arc cannon ass with a 40mm.

Trust me you are not playing a good group of arc cannon users. I love the 40mm too but it is easily outclassed.

And now that you bring it up their are a lot more pros then cons to the arc cannon... What the only con is it isn't good up close? It just does way to much when compared to the other Titan weapons.

Mr Croft

Play against a group that is using any decent weapon and you're going to have a hard time.

Lol no... Not at all a team of 40mm... Ehh iffy. A team of chain guns? I highly doubt it. A team of triple threats? Not even. But a team of arc cannon? Yup the distort is more than enough to make it a tougher obstacle then any other weapon lol.... Until 40mm shots are chaining to other titans then it is below the arc cannon... And when you lose the exchange you get goosed like nothing. If you try to jump out the front the chain lightning will kill you anyway lol.

Edit
This is why I made the leap from 40mm to arc cannon and I used to stick up for the 40mm all the time. It is a good weapon just not as good as arc.

Raytow

QFrUfr6.jpg

I censored the names and chat for fear of account banning--

Done playing on the DEVONLY LOBBY and it's Pilot Hunter mode with 20 secs Titan respawn cooldown!

And everyone start to nuclear ejection till kingdom come.
Yeah I got on one of those too, dunno how or why. Titans, Titans everywhere, fun mode hope they include it on the game.

Jito

Banned
How Epic intended? Did epic intend on killing their franchise? Cuz that's what happened.

They made it less gritty, less about the shotgun, and killed it.

nice. BRAH

They didn't kill the franchise though? Maybe you don't like it but the series is still going strong without shotgun spam. Maybe you'll get a Shotguns of War spin off one day XP.

tauke

Oh lol I'm back again at the same DEVONLY lobby with Pilot Hunter mode at Overlook map.

Seems like Respawn are testing something.

Izuna

Banned
Lol no... Not at all a team of 40mm... Ehh iffy. A team of chain guns? I highly doubt it. A team of triple threats? Not even. But a team of arc cannon? Yup the distort is more than enough to make it a tougher obstacle then any other weapon lol.... Until 40mm shots are chaining to other titans then it is below the arc cannon... And when you lose the exchange you get goosed like nothing. If you try to jump out the front the chain lightning will kill you anyway lol.

Edit
This is why I made the leap from 40mm to arc cannon and I used to stick up for the 40mm all the time. It is a good weapon just not as good as arc.

I am going to try out the Arc Cannon and tell you what I think.

I used it a bunch in previous challenges and didn't think it sucked, but it wasn't a 40mm with good aim...

EDIT: MVP at 98

Arc + Capacitor is powerful, kills as fast as 40mm never missing (without CHs).

I was able to Gooser EVERYTIME. I didn't use the Particle Wall because I don't like it as much, but there are downsides to the Arc Cannon that would make me not choose it over the 40mm.

First of all, without Capacitor, the damage sucks. With the Capacitor, you cannot dash or run while holding the charge. I get roughly the same amount of minion kills because the Cluster Missile handles it anyway.

EDIT:

Capacitor makes it impossible to chase after people who are running away since you can't run and charge, and the damage sucks. Even the Chaingun does more damage when CHing. Arc Cannon is not OP at all. Get better aim and use the 40mm for Attrition.

tauke

What is a Devonly lobby?

Edit: deeerp Dev-only.

I want in on this, I need the titan drop kills

If you playing on PC, I'm still at the lobby completing all the Titan challenges to unlock all the weapon mods.

It's the same Overlook map but since it's Pilot Hunter, I take my time wiping out enemy Titans to complete the necessary challenges to unlock the weapons mod.

Decided to hop back in for a few games after a few months. Had fun, but some of the problems that made me stop reared their ugly head pretty early on. I got jump kicked to death by a guy who was high up in the air while I was nearly on the ground.

Game still feels smooth as hell, though. Dat movement. I hope to god we get some sort of solo Titanfall someday.

garath

I used it a bunch in previous challenges and didn't think it sucked, but it wasn't a 40mm with good aim...

I was able to Gooser EVERYTIME. I didn't use the Particle Wall because I don't like it as much, but there are downsides to the Arc Cannon that would make me not choose it over the 40mm.

First of all, without Capacitor, the damage sucks. With the Capacitor, you cannot dash or run while holding the charge. I get roughly the same amount of minion kills because the Cluster Missile handles it anyway.

EDIT:

Capacitor makes it impossible to chase after people who are running away since you can't run and charge, and the damage sucks. Even the Chaingun does more damage when CHing. Arc Cannon is not OP at all. Get better aim and use the 40mm for Attrition.

Even though I'm just gen1, I share that opinion. 40mm is very potent if you can land the shots. The Arc was much less fast damage.

It might be more of a PC thing since it's easier to have good aim with the 40mm.

IHaveIce

Banned
If you playing on PC, I'm still at the lobby completing all the Titan challenges to unlock all the weapon mods.

It's the same Overlook map but since it's Pilot Hunter, I take my time wiping out enemy Titans to complete the necessary challenges to unlock the weapons mod.
Ah shucks I'm on Xbox One

TrueGrime

Yea it received a damage reduction or damage radius reduction.

Trust me you are not playing a good group of arc cannon users. I love the 40mm too but it is easily outclassed.

And now that you bring it up their are a lot more pros then cons to the arc cannon... What the only con is it isn't good up close? It just does way to much when compared to the other Titan weapons.

EDIT:

I fucking hate it when people say shit like, "Get better aim" or "Get good at this weapon" like I haven't put 160 hours into this game and have never played with me before. The X1 guys usually play together most if not all the time almost every night if we can and we run through people. Decent people. It's not like we're a bunch of amateurs. 1 v 1 battles vs Arc Cannon titans are doable. I still think the weapon is OP. Especially when you're fighting more than one.

Lonnie413

Picked this up on 360 the other day for $20 so I had to dust the poor guy off. Having a blast, can't wait to see if the sequel goes ps4.

KingV

I fucking hate it when people say shit like, "Get better aim" or "Get good at this weapon" like I haven't put 160 hours into this game and have never played with me before. The X1 guys usually play together most if not all the time almost every night if we can and we run through people. Decent people. It's not like we're a bunch of amateurs. 1 v 1 battles vs Arc Cannon titans are doable. I still think the weapon is OP. Especially when you're fighting more than one.

I think arc cannon is OP mainly in groups because it basically can put a whole group of titans in stunlock as they are blinded and you can hit all titans with 1 shot.

As a result, 3 titans without arc are at a definite disadvantage against 3 titans with arc. The arc can keep the other 3 blinded and hit all 3 opponents very efficiently because of the chaining. 40 mm can keep one titan off balance but can't do the same amount of splash.

The arc is doubly OP in areas where the geometry is really restrictive. I don't think there is an effective response apart from fighting fires with fire.

Top Bottom