• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TLOU: Remastered MP Microtransaction |OT| "We're shitty people"

Alienous

As you may have heard, The Last of Us: Remastered contains several cosmetic and non-cosmetic optional purchases for the multiplayer component of the game. This thread is intended to clarify what the content is, what that content costs, and why you should purchase it.

All of the below content is made available with the purchase of the season pass for The Last of Us on PS3, with the exception of the new Killer Bundle. Why? Because Naughty Dog has a little bit of "Fuck you" for everyone.

Hbm7BZY.png

The Last of Us: Remastered's multiplayer component has the ability for a player to customize a 'head item'. This is a variety of hats or masks.

There are 54 hats available for purchase, costing $0.99 each. These 54 hats are contained within 5 larger bundles, which each cost $8.99, some of which contain bundle exclusive hats.

The bundles are:

The Bygones Bundle - A mishmash of uncommon headwear.
The Rally Bundle - A variety of protective headwear (purely cosmetic).
The Government Bundle - Military inspired headwear.
The Nightmare Bundle - Masks designed for intimidation
Country Flag Hats - Hats with the flags from some countries Naughty Dog cares about.

But why stop at gouging cosmetic content? Naughty Dog has also provided a variety of weapons purchasable in the SEN store.

// Statistics are provided by The Last of Us' wikia page.

(LP) stands for "Loadout Point". Each custom loadout can be equipped with a maximum of 13 LP.

[ __ ] refers to the cost to purchase the weapon in-game using parts acquired during the match.

I1vvTjD.png

A versatile pistol with great range and accuracy (1 LP)

• ​Starting ammunition: 8
  • Magazine Size: 7
  • Purchased via PS Store
  • 4 bodyshots to down
  • 2 headshots to down(or one headshot and two body shots)
  • 2 body shots or 1 headshot to execute a downed enemy

Available to all players as part of the 'Onslaught' and 'Infiltrator' preset classes.

W4gg53F.png

A silenced fullt automatic weapon that kills from the shadows (3 LP) [350]

• Starting Ammunition: 14
  • Magazine Size: 20
  • Ammo - 14 [420]

Available to all players as part of the 'Infiltrator' preset class.

ue01h3x.png

A bargain priced shotgun that downs enemies with two shots at close range (1 LP) [240]

• Starting Ammunition: 4
  • Magazine Size: 2
  • Ammo - 4 [280]

Available to all players as part of the 'Onslaught' preset class.

h64Yb7H.png

Area of effect weapon that downs an enemy in 2 shots (4 LP) [375]

• Starting Ammunition: 3
  • Magazine Size: 1
  • Ammo - 3 [450]

Available to all players as part of the 'Rainmaker' preset class.

The above weapons are available for $5.99 in a bundle.

Doing that transparency shit isn't easy folks. As such, here are the skills (perks) that are purchasable for a considerate and fair price.

kVbXfed.png

Executioner (1 / 3 / 4 LP)

• Level 1 - Earn double the parts for shiv kills.
  • Level 2 - Earn 50% more parts for special executions or interrogations, double the parts for shiv kills and get an extra shiv use every time you craft a shiv.
  • Level 3 - Earn double the parts for special executions or interrogations, double the parts for shiv kills and get 2 extra shiv uses every time you craft a shiv.

Scavenger (3 / 4 / 5 LP)

• Level 1 - Enemies drop 50% more ammo.
  • Level 2 - Automatically pick up ammo and supplies from kills and enemies drop double the ammo.
  • Level 3 - Enemies sometimes drop a random crafting item, and automatically pick up ammo and supplies from kills and enemies drop double the ammo.

Damage Marker (3 / 4 LP)

• Level 1 - Any damages dealt marks the target who receives the damage.
  • Level 2 - Earn double the parts for marking and any damages dealt marks the target who receives the damage.

Awareness (1 / 3 LP)

• Level 1 - Enemy nametags remain on screen for 5 seconds when you take damage.
  • Level 2 - Enemy nametags appear on screen at twice the normal distance and remain on screen when you take damage for 10 seconds.

Fortitude (1 / 2 / 3 LP)

• Level 1 - Bleed out time is increased by 25% and slightly increased downed crawling speed.
  • Level 2 - Earn 25 parts after healing more than half health and carry an extra health pack. Downed health is increased and bleed out time is increased by 35% along with even faster downed crawling speed.
  • Level 3 - Start with a health pack. Earn 50 parts after healing more than half health and carry an extra health pack. Downed health is increased and bleed out time is increased by 50% along with much faster downed crawling speed.

Gunslinger (2 / 4)

• Level 1 - Pistol ammo is increased by 30% at spawn (this does not stack with weapon upgrades).
  • Level 3 - Pistol ammo is doubled at spawn (this does not stack with weapon upgrades).

Bomb Expert (2 / 3 / 5)

• Level 1 - Smoke bombs and bombs have a slightly shorter fuse when thrown.
  • Level 2 - Placed bombs. thrown smoke bombs and bombs have an even shorter fuse.
  • Level 3 - You are immune to the stun of your own smoke bombs. placed bombs. thrown smoke bombs and bombs have a very short fuse.

Many of the above skills are available to all players in one of 4 preset classes.

The above skills are available in two bundles, for $3.99 each.

Link to the SEN store.

Jinjo

They removed agility and gunslinger 2. Difference between lv1 and lv3 (which is now lv2) remains the same, there are just no intermediate levels for these anymore.

(gunslinger 1 is now 50% increase, and agility 2 is no more and I even think the nearly silent when walking part of agility 3 (now lv2) is gone)

LeFAIS

Weird thing tho, I could download all those for free, excluding the nightmare bundle.

I'm from Europe btw it that makes any difference?

As someone who hasn't played the multiplayer this seems overly confusing.

Are there any items/loadouts you can only get by buying them, and do those items create an unfair advantage? If so then this is some bullshit.

Well well well. This sucks.

Sony not looking all good now, is it? PS Plus has been terrible on PS4, stupid excuse for EA Access, not proper handling of DriveClub delay and now this, by their most celebrated 1st party developer.

Get your shit together guys.

Magwik

Banned

Sony not looking all good now, is it? PS Plus has been terrible on PS4, stupid excuse for EA Access, not proper handling of DriveClub delay and now this, by their most celebrated 1st party developer.

wtf

Joco

In before the "it suits a different play style" or "it provides an alternative option" bullshit begins.

dugdug

Banned

"These free games are terrible and why didn't Sony release Driveclub in a broken state?"

Tagg9

So I purchased the Season Pass on PS3, but I don't have access to any of the weapon packs. Is this to be expected?

As someone who hasn't played the multiplayer this seems overly confusing.

Are there any items/loadouts you can only get by buying them, and do those items create an unfair advantage? If so then this is some bullshit.
That is correct. The stuff in the ps store doesn't give you an edge so I don't see it as a bad thing.

Why in the fuck is this an OT? Especially one that acts as a fucking advertisement for these bullshit microtransactions. A little flavour of it being BS in the OP but seriously get your heads out of Naughty Dogs' ass.

This is bullshit and I am on the side that this OT should be locked and gone by mods.

Stoof

"These free games are terrible and why didn't Sony release Driveclub in a broken state?"
The games aren't technically free if you have to pay for PS+ but I do agree with you. PS4 doesn't have the massive library of games that PS3 has yet since it just came out.

Well this thread has already delivered.

THE AGE OF SONY IS DONE!

Alienous

There is a whole thread about TLOU dlc. You can inform people there instead of making another thread.

There's a thread that contains a lot of debate and little information.

This thread is about knowing what the microtransactions consist of, it isn't about arguing against the idea wholesale.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Your post could have been put in the other thread.

Can we all talk about Hawaiian pizza? I think that's more controversial.

I've been playing a lot of multi and I haven't needed any of those fancy hats/perks to win.

But you know , let me *RAGE. DLC! Greedy Naughty Hogs!*

Top Bottom