• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson - Ubisoft has Cancelled Press Previews of Assassin's Creed Shadows Until Further Notice

PeteBull

Remake it with a Japanese bloke and add samurai Black as dlc. Everyone is happy that way
That will never hapen, it would be most sane move to have 3 characters to chose, would add few solid milions copies sold, so u can be sure ubisoft that lives and believes in clown world will never do it xD

Kacho

Previews will come.

They just need time to make new trailers and gameplay snippets where the Japanese female co-lead gets more show time.

They’ll make it look like the female character is most of the action, but in reality it’s still the back guy as the main star.
I guess both characters are canon this time? For the past couple games Ubisoft was saying the women characters were the real hero, despite most players picking the dude. lol

Kamina

Golden Boy
Era is coping hard :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

'mUsT bE a bUg!!!'

liN6BC3.jpeg
I mean, the game is actually riddled with bugs and glitches, judging from the last trailer alone.

PeteBull

“ We listened to our fans we love and our Japanese fans as well. So we will be keeping the black dude and we will be removing the Japanese girl and replace her with a fat white purple haired bitch. Thank you for the feedback “
Thats what todays ubisoft would love to do, i hope it will not happen coz they want game to actually have some solid sales, but u never know with woke ppl, they tend to push agenda at any cost, even their sanity :p

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Going to go ahead and assume this has to do with the sudden surge of DEI awareness and pushback, the negative word of mouth from various popular streamers and the severe under performance and response to Outlaws.

Don't even know if it's going back in the oven as much as it's going back to the drawing board.

Or the panic room.

Kurotri

Going to go ahead and assume this has to do with the sudden surge of DEI awareness and pushback, the negative word of mouth from various popular streamers and the severe under performance and response to Outlaws.

Don't even know if it's going back in the oven as much as it's going back to the drawing board.

Or the panic room.
The game is way too advanced for any of this stuff to happen. It's going to release. Imo it's a mixture of the pushback and Outlaws not just underperforming like you said but launching with shittons of bugs. They'll probably delay it to fix the game up and release it a few months later. Ubi's fiscal year ends sometime March next year I think and they have proven to themselves that you don't necessarily need to release near the holidays to make bucks, like with Far Cry 5 and The Division. I can totally see it release in February. If they are gonna release this game, might as well try to release it in a polished state so that the Yasuke stuff becomes the only issue that people focus on. If it ends up a good fun game everyone will forget about Yasuke anyway, for better or worse.

Bioware, Blizzard, 343 and (now) Sony have really screwed the pooch by being so vocal about DEI in their games which end up being rubbish, It's now become a dog-whistle to a large group of consumers that a game will be terrible and should be disregarded. Great games will no doubt sell regardless with enough positive reviews/previews, but good luck trying to build up hype for an average or middling game once it's been marked as a DEI initiative.

Ubisoft are experts at middling games, they are fucked.

Last edited:

Saber

There was a time they actually said the impressions were good and the pre orders were hot. Too bad that guy from them couldn't show any numbers or source...or whatever is happening now.

Also I don't believe they are doing for bugs, as they could use the famous "patch out later" strategy with day one patchs. Must be something else, they must be retreating for a new approach or take notice of people awareness over their low effort videos.

Last edited:

rubenburgt

It is probably delayed in the hopes that people calm down and accept this game that shits on Japanese history that's was designed to appeal to a very small audience.

Great choice Ubisoft.
And I'm talking about delaying it and not the game itself. This game is riddled with terrible choices.

Asmongold actually sold me on this game. I mean I'm buying it used so ubi doesn't get my money but, I'm hyped to see all bugs, glitches, and design flaws. I mean if they can't line up a door correctly, or remove bullets from a scene correctly, WHAT ELSE is going to be in it 😂

gow3isben

Assassins Creed 2 and Brotherhood are the only ACs I liked so not trying to cope but if the game was so ass wouldn't they have cancelled this shit before? Sounds like something came up last minute.

rubenburgt

Does this mean I don't get to play as a tall black man in a large armor in a game that's all about sneaking around and stealth kills in Japan that happens to be riddled with Chinese symbols any time soon?

Then I guess I just have to wait and keep playing Concord in the meantime.

Boy, those westerns developers sure know what type of games they should make. Every single one of them has been a great hit.

Saber

With how things are being badly handled today I wouldn't discart the possibility of cancelling(even though I believe it won't). Also theres no way to tell how Japan would react, they may though this game was made out of mockery to their culture.

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
just watch them removing the black samurai completly from the game.
- replace Yasuke

- cause another shitstorm as the progressive legacy gaming media and vocal minority of slacktivists lose their shit

- ignore the whiners

- get rewarded with massive sales #s despite sites like PC Gamer, IGN, and Kotaku trashing it or refusing to even cover it.

Yeahhh probably not gonna happen but that would be a hell of a show.

Reaseru

I don't think Ubisoft has the balls to change anything with almost 2 months left for the release date. Capcom did it once with Resident Evil 2.

Last edited:

RCX

No way they'd bend to the opinion of the Japanese market. AC barely even registers there.

I'm thinking pre-orders suck in the west and the preview cycle was coming up very negative and they freaked out.

The Concord "incident" has maybe got a lot of AAA publishers second guessing themselves?

Possible replacement character?

iu

Last edited:

Interfectum

No way they'd bend to the opinion of the Japanese market. AC barely even registers there.

I'm thinking pre-orders suck in the west and the preview cycle was coming up very negative and they freaked out.

The Concord "incident" has maybe got a lot of AAA publishers second guessing themselves?
Yup, agreed. Follow the money. The pre-orders are probably well below the norm for AC and instead of releasing it into a bloodbath they will regroup and try to figure something out.

The question as to why are pre-orders so low I'll leave to the internet...

Last edited:

RCX

Yup, agreed. Follow the money. The pre-orders are probably well below the norm for AC and instead of releasing it into a bloodbath they will regroup and try to figure something out.

The question as to why are pre-orders so low I'll leave to the internet...
Amazing isn't it, people have been asking for Japanese AC for years.

All they had to do was ninjas and samurais, it'd make everyone happy and it'd sell great.

But no, they had to kneel at the alter of the DEI gods instead.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
just watch them removing the black samurai completly from the game.

Not a chance. That would be death sentences or wise. But what they may do is a quick run through of the gave and switch out things here and there that we don't even know about.

Raven117

there is no question that the industry is going through some weirdness right now.

I think it’s across the board. Not just “woke” stuff.

(Imo, too many companies chased GaaS and that’s falling apart. So there is a pivot going on… because games take so long to make…. It’s really apparent. And that’s why we are getting “remasters”. Cheap and quick and crowd favorites. Mix that in with some forced politics… and walah… a really bummer of a generation)

Last edited:

Kerotan

The problem with the game is it's too polished. In particular the main character.

They need to replace him with a traditional samurai and sales will increase 50%.

Their share price can't handle another under performance. Hopefully the diversity team has already been sacked. We need based UBI back.

Top Bottom