• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider |OT| Lara's Misfortune

gdt

animation1dfg2zq7g.gif

I should probably watch that.

She's smokkkkkking. Nude all the way. Boobs, ass, bush (I think lack of bush actually).....

Speaking of multiplayer, we should make a list stating which version we're getting so we can play together.

Can't say I'm looking forward to the multiplayer myself, but I have a feeling it might actually surprise me...

Have you played Uncharted's MP? Its incredibly fun and the small clip I watched of TR's MP looked similar, however reviews say otherwise

dreamfall

Have you played Uncharted's MP? Its incredibly fun and the small clip I watched of TR's MP looked similar, however reviews say otherwise

I'd agree, it just looks like it's got much less polish. That Arrow gif seemed to speak volumes- also some of the criticisms regarding the balance of bow/gun play, along with the problems of needing to keep respawning could be problematic.

But the verticality, traps, and team dynamic could be a good diversion with friends. I just don't like that unlocking Lara in multi will take forever- I think they went over that in one of those Chuck interviews.

After Alice: Madness Returns PC hair, I mean, wow. It's like going from SD to HD. It's next-gen hair effects.

I can't go back. I just can't. I need that flowing, glorious hair.

She's smokkkkkking. Nude all the way. Boobs, ass, bush (I think lack of bush actually).....

I slept for 3 hours and now the thread is about boobs and assesP Did i miss any photos or screensP

BTW i got the PS3 version just gonna put it in right now (in the console i mean:)

nashb81

Neo Member
I'd agree, it just looks like it's got much less polish. That Arrow gif seemed to speak volumes- also some of the criticisms regarding the balance of bow/gun play, along with the problems of needing to keep respawning could be problematic.

But the verticality, traps, and team dynamic could be a good diversion with friends. I just don't like that unlocking Lara in multi will take forever- I think they went over that in one of those Chuck interviews.

The arrow inthe head was explained during IGN's MP preview. It seems the game has a perk called Pin Cushion, which when activated allows players to absorb more damage than usual.

Alex

UC2's early multiplayer was the first and last time I ever really got into online competitive multi on a console game, it was shockingly solid fare. UC3 took quite a dive by comparison, especially the map design, oof. Tuning was also a wreck out of the gate and took multiple patches just to get decently playable as well. It still wasn't as good as UC2 felt when I stopped last.

Tomb Raiders looks very lousy though, both from text on it and from videos. I was probably never going to touch it anyway, especially since I'm getting it on PC and would opt for something else. I do wish I could find more console games with multi I like though, maybe Last of Us will be interesting. They certainly have a neat theme going, let's see if they fuck it up.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Never thought I'd see the day - we actually agree with one another. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I still think you suck.

But it is 1 am and I've been drinking so... whatever.

Raise a glass to the Tomb Raider that was, and what could have been, and resigned to what is... trading wonder and isolation for grim and ghastly atmosphere, bloodied and muddied, mangled corpses, a character study of the budding psychopath, pickaxe and kickass Lara Croft: Tomb Hater.

*cheers*

I still think you suck.

But it is 1 am and I've been drinking so... whatever.

Raise a glass to the Tomb Raider that was, and what could have been, and resigned to what is... trading wonder and isolation for grim and ghastly atmosphere, bloodied and muddied, mangled corpses, a character study of the budding psychopath, pickaxe and kickass Lara Croft: Tomb Hater.

*cheers*

Well, you are certainly drinking

dreamfall

The arrow inthe head was explained during IGN's MP preview. It seems the game has a perk called Pin Cushion, which when activated allows players to absorb more damage than usual.

With that explanation, will we see more arrows in the head if we utilize the perk? I was kind of hoping that wouldn't happen more often!

You know what I'll really miss from the old Tomb Raiders though? Swan diving. Like really, really miss it.

pakkit

Banned

*cheers*

Poetic, really.

Toa TAK

Banned
Been listening to the soundtrack for this game, (composed by Jason Graves of Dead Space, no less) and it's pretty great. I hope it's mixed in well.

Early impressions seem to be that the PS3 version is sharper, but nobody is really for sure on anything until the looming DF article.

!

Maybe sharper with more frequent framerate dips like Underworld. I wonder if PS3 version was done internally or by Nixxes again...

Moff

I didnt know that slut from californication was the mocapper of lara. she was superhot in the show, but I think they made lara much more attractive, the face is totally different und way less slutty.

Yeah there's no mystery to Camilla after seeing her acting like a whore in Californication. But I still approve.

I slept for 3 hours and now the thread is about boobs and assesP Did i miss any photos or screensP

BTW i got the PS3 version just gonna put it in right now (in the console i mean:)

I didnt know that slut from californication was the mocapper of lara. she was superhot in the show, but I think they made lara much more attractive, the face is totally different und way less slutty.

Come the fuck on, y'all.

4/5 hours in with the Xbox version and I still amazed by the game.

The map division look and play a lot like MGS3.

I have some problem with the camera: the right stick sometimes feel unresponsive and slow, I have to use the autocenter button to easily change the visual, very similar to what I experienced with the MGS Raiden demo.

For me, until now, this is the best Tomb Raider since the first one (the only I really liked).

I gotta say....I’m glad to see people being more positive towards the game now that all the reviews have come out and people are actually playing it and seem to be liking it a lot.

So far this thread isn't as shitty as I thought it would be. The difference is pretty big from some of the previous Tomb Raider threads when it seemed like me VS an army at times.

How's the resolution/framerate holding up?

Its fine so far.

Are the classic chimes from the other CD Tomb Raiders in? I doubt it, but I always loved those...

Example

I am not sure as i didn't focus on it. But i think i've heard similiar stuff.

Pros & Cons

-Combat is very fluid.
-Graphically the game is excellent.
-Art direction is great.
-Overall the game feels very fluid and organic (if you know what i mean)
-Feels very ''Unchartedish'' but yet more mature and gritty.

Cons
-Pacing is predictible at times.

I have no complaints about it so far. But i am not going to talk about story and the violance in it.

Also i want to note this. I like Uncharted 1 and 3. And love the second one. Probably Uncharted 2 is the best action adventure of all times for me. And when it comes to old Tomb Raider's, i never liked any of them yet played and finished all of them because my mom loves those yet she can't play the platforming and combat parts.

If you expect this to be in vein with the first generation of Tomb Raider games, its not. This one is more mature, darker and grittier than the other ones also more of a newer kind of game than the old action adventures.

Also to basically describe the game: Uncharted's set pieces and combat + the feeling of exploration of Batman games + a dark gritty island.

nashb81

Neo Member
With that explanation, will we see more arrows in the head if we utilize the perk? I was kind of hoping that wouldn't happen more often!

You know what I'll really miss from the old Tomb Raiders though? Swan diving. Like really, really miss it.

Lol. I guess so.

Nixxes did the PS3 port.

of this tomb raider game ? or are you talking about previous one's here ?

I thought they're only doing the PC version.

Also anyone know when the pre-load begins?

LuuKyK

Just wanted to say that I loved to see Tricky I Shadow defending this game and been proven right after all the hate threads and whatnot. I know, as a Lightning fan, how difficult it is. ;-; Keep up the good work Tricky. May your efforts be compensated by the flawless
Crystal Dynamics
Square-Enix, as per everything they have been touching this gen
excluding HitMEH Absolution, such a disgrace to such a perfect line up of subsequent masterpieces

Just wanted to say that I loved to see Tricky I Shadow defending this game and been proven right after all the hate threads and whatnot. I know, as a Lightning fan, how difficult it is. ;-; Keep up the good work Tricky. May your efforts be compensated by the flawless
Crystal Dynamics
Square-Enix, as per everything they have been touching this gen excluding HitMEH Absolution, such a disgrace to such a perfect line up of masterpieces.

Since none of us have played the game but are using reviews as fuel, if you actually read the reviews, Tomb Raider itself sounds like a disgrace compared to previous entries (barring Angel of Darkness) too.

B-Dex

Crystal Dynamics
excluding HitMEH Absolution, such a disgrace to such a perfect line up of subsequent masterpieces

It's a good, violent, 3rd person action/adventure. But if you're hoping for isolation, exploration and puzzle solving then it fails.

Squire

Banned
Crystal Dynamics

Lightning sucks, Luu. Lara doesn't. It's not really comparable.

Crystal Dynamics

adA79xS.gif

Since none of us have played the game but are using reviews as fuel, if you actually read the reviews, Tomb Raider itself sounds like a disgrace compared to previous entries (barring Angel of Darkness) too.

I hardly get the impression that it's a 'disgrace' from the reviews. That’s definitely stretching the truth.

Most reviews seem to think it's an overall better package and an improvement over the older games even though it's clearly not like them anymore. It basically comes down to if you’re willing to accept the change or not. If you're a die-hard Tomb Raider fan that's willing to accept it as a Resident Evil 4 situation you should be ok and realize that it's a different, polished - really well made game....if you don't care for the older games then you should just look at it as a more open Uncharted that matches its quality and in some ways even looks to surpass it.

Top Bottom