• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tomb Raider |OT| Lara's Misfortune

If Uncharted is Indiana Jones, then TReboot would actually be a less funny 'The Mummy' (the Brendan Frasier one).

That's how I see them. Both The Mummy and TReboot take on more overt horror overtones throughout the story versus Indiana Jones and Uncharted where the more horror stuff comes in close to the end while the rest of it is more of a grand adventure/journey. Otherwise, all four properties occupy the same vague genre.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
If Uncharted is Indiana Jones, then TReboot would actually be a less funny 'The Mummy' (the Brendan Frasier one).

That's how I see them. Both The Mummy and TReboot take on more overt horror overtones throughout the story versus Indiana Jones and Uncharted where the more horror stuff comes in close to the end while the rest of it is more of a grand adventure/journey. Otherwise, all four properties occupy the same vague genre.

I wish TR made Whitmen like Beni.

antitrop

Die Hard 1 is the greatest action movie ever. So in your face!
A9LKJEK.gif

Gorillaz

haven't played it yet but damn. Also Uncharted 2 Chloe was faar better then uncharted 3 version of Chloe.

haven't played it yet but damn.

What the fuck? The Mummy is awesome. One of the best adventure movies. Tomb Raider's great. It's just a more horror-focused somber piece.

Beni is the best. These guy clearly don't have the chops to make supporting characters I hope they have realized and give Lara the solo treatment for the next outing.

But man, if they can nail supporting characters as awesome as Beni... it'd be worth it for another shot at the supporting cast.

Someone ask Pratchett.

OverHeat

« generous god »
Finished the game today (PC version). Not bad, but not an Uncharted beater IMO and is it me are the characters model are a little on the weak side?

Gorillaz

What the fuck? The Mummy is awesome. One of the best adventure movies. Tomb Raider's great. It's just a more horror-focused somber piece.

Naw don't take that as a bad thing, I watched the hell out of it as a kid back in middle school. Just burnt out on it. Hated the 3rd movie tho :/

still WAIIITING for this to get to a redbox for the ps3...

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Oh my god you have GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!

I'm running around in the post-game trying to get enemies to spawn so I can get enough salvage to upgrade all my weapons for the trophy, and I come across an area that has a lot of enemy spawns. "Great!" I think to myself. However not realizing I'm playing on Hard I died a few times in a row since I was just messing around.

Anyway upon my third try at this area, the game must have decided that the combat was too hard for me so IT ONLY SPAWNS ONE ENEMY. I kill him and it autosaves and that's it, no more enemies.

FUCK YOU GAME.

Ghazi

Beni confirmed for main protagonist of
Egyptian
Tomb Raider reboot.

I loved the Mummy movies, well the first & second at least. The 3rd one sucked.

Superflat

Finished the game today (PC version). Not bad, but not an Uncharted beater IMO and is it me are the characters model are a little on the weak side?

I thought the character models looked pretty good on ultra settings. The animation on the other hand... especially compared to uncharted's hand-animated touch is where they started looking a bit "stock" to me, not making the best use of the models.

Andrew.

Banned
Like tomb raider it was a movie from a long dead franchise that didn't need to be brought back, but a creatively bankrupt industry was looking for a few more sympathy dollars. And because the main star needed work.

Man you just cut to the fucking CORE

all day every day son

Gorillaz

Beni being hit by a chair is still one of my favorite scenes in anything ever.
Yea that shit was hilarious watching it the first time
chair-throw-o.gif

TR is probably Mummy Returns. Mummy 3 is just dog shit.

At least we can all agree Mummy 3 sucks.

Emperor_Han_Jet_Li_1_977.jpg

lol, I agree

What pissed me off about Mummy 3 was....Eve...that wasn't even her, they tried so hard to make her look like and sound like the original actress. Then they decided to have alex group up?

what is this I don't even...

esai

just finished up the game. i really enjoyed it. i only wish that the tombs weren't terribly easy puzzles, if you can call them that. and i also wish we didn't constantly get spammed with xp gains and the new art work unlocked appearing on screen.

Wow, some people sure do love to pile on the hate. I have problems with the game, but it's not worth the hate people are leveling at it. There is much the game does well.

Skilletor

Wow, some people sure do love to pile on the hate. I have problems with the game, but it's not worth the hate people are leveling at it. There is much the game does well.

How about instead of throwing about vague terms like "hate," you address the specific criticisms that people have generously expounded up in great detail?

Amir0x

Banned
I thought the character models looked pretty good on ultra settings. The animation on the other hand... especially compared to uncharted's hand-animated touch is where they started looking a bit "stock" to me, not making the best use of the models.
there is a softness to the way they rendering her facial features that looks really good on ultra...really good. The rest of the model was decent, but the head with tressFX is quite swell.

h3ro

Crap. I think my save file just corrupted. I'm playing on 360.

I saved my game when I reached the Base Approach and now when I load my file, it automatically loads with me falling down through all the structures.

Anyone else have this issue or know if I can save my file or something before I have to restart the game?

TR is probably Mummy Returns. Mummy 3 is just dog shit.

At least we can all agree Mummy 3 sucks.

Emperor_Han_Jet_Li_1_977.jpg

lol, I agree

What pissed me off about Mummy 3 was....Eve...that wasn't even her, they tried so hard to make her look like and sound like the original actress. Then they decided to have alex group up?

what is this I don't even...

Don't remind me of The Mummy 3.

2dj5umo9spzr.gif

They're rebooting The Mummy and it's gonna be modern-day and set in America and making it more horror-oriented. After Dragon Emperor, I am fine with that. Just... ugh.

Don't fuck it up Wiseman/Kurtz/Orci. Heads will roll.

XOMTOR

Like tomb raider it was a movie from a long dead franchise that didn't need to be brought back, but a creatively bankrupt industry was looking for a few more sympathy dollars. And because the main star needed work.

Ouch. Actually, if there was ever a franchise that could use a good decade on the back burner, I'd say Tomb Raider would be a good candidate. Let it sit for a while and hopefully a new dev will look at things with a fresh perspective and perhaps come up with something compelling while not totally discarding everything that made the series great in the first place.

Grisby

Seeing the original Mummy in theaters was one of my cinema life highlights. Such a fun time. Mummy 2 was kind of crazy because of the CG at the time (outside that terrible Rock deal).

Oh my god you have GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!

I'm running around in the post-game trying to get enemies to spawn so I can get enough salvage to upgrade all my weapons for the trophy, and I come across an area that has a lot of enemy spawns. "Great!" I think to myself. However not realizing I'm playing on Hard I died a few times in a row since I was just messing around.

Anyway upon my third try at this area, the game must have decided that the combat was too hard for me so IT ONLY SPAWNS ONE ENEMY. I kill him and it autosaves and that's it, no more enemies.

FUCK YOU GAME.

Go to the second half of the first forest area and kill the neverending supply of deer

Remember to apologize though

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Is there an easy way to grind salvage? I'm going for the upgrade everything trophy but salvage boxes don't seem to appear in the post-game.

Go to the second half of the first forest area and kill the neverending supply of deer

Remember to apologize though

Wow you're a lifesaver, thanks.

Top Bottom