• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD |OT| LIGHTS OUT, GUERILLA RADI... oh (28k)

No.. no splitscreen?

iC90FVQXkxLmm.gif

I can not believe Tony Hawk had the best split screen. I install my Ps1 and play him again.
Very cool game, but the split screen was so much fun!

Is that all the skaters? Please tell me it isn't. No Glifberg, no Kareem Campbell, no Geoff Rowley! :(

No platinum trophy either sorta sucks.

Two of my favorites along with Bob Burnquist not being in the game is enough for me to wait until it goes on sale.

daycru

Bold text up top made me think it was out today.

No split screen is pretty shitty. I'll probably still buy it. Was playing 2X, looks like shit obviously but still a lot of fun.

I'm actually most excited to see if I'm still any good at Tony after all this time. I must have sunk in the high hundreds of hours into the first three in my youth, I'm pretty anxious to see how the muscle memory is.

The missing features are rather frustrating. Inevitably modded PC version makes this better, though, so all is not lost. /pcmasterrace

Amir0x

Banned
So here I am, doing everything I can
Holding on to what I am. pretending I'm a superman

I'm trying to keep
The ground on my feet
It seems the world's
Falling down around me

The nights are all long, I'm singing this song
To try and make the answers, more than maybe

And I'm so confused, about what to do
Sometimes I want to throw it all away

So here I am, growing older all the time
Looking older all the time, feeling younger in my mind

I'm trying to sleep, I lost count of the sheep
My mind is racing faster every minute

What could I do more
Yeah I'm really not sure
I know I'm running circles
But I can't quit

And I'm so confused about what to do
Sometimes I want to throw it all away

Controlling everything in site
I'm feeling weak
I don't feel right
You're telling me
I have to change
Telling me to act my age
But if all that I can do
Is just sit and watch time go
Then I'll have to say good-bye
Life's too short to watch it fly
To watch it fly

So here I am, growing older all the time
Looking older all the time, feeling younger in my mind

yo i still remember hitting my greatest top score of all time (probably still to this day) at the very same time the song went

"So here I am, doing everything I can
Holding on to what I am. pretending I'm a superman"

felt like a God

Release is missing a LOT of what I loved about the games. Will probably wait for a PC version and pick up the 360 version for MP on sale with some mates, since we can't sit in the same room and play.

Maybe the PC community will pick up the slack and we will end up with a fully featured remake soonish.

Which levels from THPS 1 & 2 did they not include in this game (to naturally include later on as paid DLC)? The answer will determine if I buy this or never even think about playing it.

Platy

Ok .. so bad that it is ps3/360 only .... and even then took awhile for me to finaly get ok with my nostalgia saying "I don't need this ... " and ...

....CONFIRMED FOR PC ???

Fck

edit ------

NO BOB BURNQUIST ???

Mullen it is

PSN means Vita right? I haven't been keeping up with this, but really want to play these games again. I played Tony Hawk on DS, and while it wasn't all that great, portable TH is awesome.

Hate to say it, but watching the trailers just made me remember how much the EA "Skate" games blew THPS out of the water in terms of play ability and fun factor.

If anything, I want to go back and play Skate 2 after watching these.

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
It's great that a PC Steam release is confirmed though I'm planning to buy it on PS3 myself. I was hoping Bam Margera would be included but I'm not too fussed, maybe he'll appear as DLC at a later date.

Not too bummed about the track list or the lack of certain modes. The multiplayer in THPS 1-3 was never a big thing for me, but the single player portion sure was. As long as this game feels good to play then I'll be buying it. It's nice to be hyped for a Tony Hawk game again.

I wonder if they could add songs from THPS 3 with the DLC.

Just put my playlist together. Tons of Suicide Machines, Bad Brains, Black Flag, Dead Kennedys, Hellmouth, and Minor Threat.

Tonight, I will be having a blast!

Edit: Uhhh, I thought it was out today. D:

RedSwirl

Ok .. so bad that it is ps3/360 only .... and even then took awhile for me to finaly get ok with my nostalgia saying "I don't need this ... " and ...

....CONFIRMED FOR PC ???

Fck

edit ------

NO BOB BURNQUIST ???

Mullen it is

The Fuck?!

Card Boy

Banned
It depends on how easy it is pulling tricks off with a 360 pad if i'm going to get this. PS3 is not an option for me because it's 99% certain PSN games won't be backwards compatible with PS4. You might aswell treat your games as a rental on the PS3.

edit: actually i can use a PS3 pad on PC. Problem solved!

derder

....CONFIRMED FOR PC ???

Fck

edit ------

NO BOB BURNQUIST ???

Mullen it is

unforgivable

Easy_D

never left the stone age
It's like..magic! Today I played THPS4 for the first time in years. YEARS I say. And then a PC version (on STEAM!) is announced. God yes. Will buy, just to show that classic Tony Hawk is the best.

(Release THPS3 on Steam while you're at it)

bedlamite

It would be day one on 360 if not for the mushy dpad, the remake is easily one of my most hyped games of the year but I'll still download the demo first

the 360 is where all my friends are but the PS3 has the superior THPS controller in the Dualshock...ugh

Cheddahz

Banned
I hate to say this, but all of these achievements look really easy, well none the less, I'll be picking this up on day one and will probably be playing for quite some time, and yes, I fully support the DLC for this game (five bucks isn't too bad for some THPS3 levels and revert)

PlayDat

Played waaaaay more THPS3 than 2 back in the day. Even considered skipping this game since I felt like the THPS3 remake is inevitable. Now I'm not so sure I can hold off for that long. Think I'll mostly be playing this with my ipod on too since I've got no nostalgia for the (what's left of) soundtrack.

Top Bottom