• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD |OT| LIGHTS OUT, GUERILLA RADI... oh (28k)

-Mikey-

Trying to decide between 360 and steam version. Hrmph

Was there a tony hawk game after 4 worth playing? That's where I stopped.

is it so hard to believe i played a 3d game with an analog stick? it seems like the superior method in every way.

i guess i should have played mario 64 and ocarina of time with a dpad

The only reason I'm not going SSJ4 on you right now is because I played THPS3 on GCube. But only because I didn't own a PS2. Even still, I used the dpad because I'm not a pansy. :mad:

is it so hard to believe i played a 3d game with an analog stick? it seems like the superior method in every way.

I think the argument is that inputting the directions for the different tricks is more accurate with a d-pad. I never really had any issues with using the analogue stick on the original Xbox to play THPS games though. I actually used to just routinely sit down and beat THPS3 is one sitting all of the time. I think I could beat it in, like, a little over an hour each time.

Anth0ny

I think the argument is that inputting the directions for the different tricks is more accurate with a d-pad. I never really had any issues with using the analogue stick on the original Xbox to play THPS games though. I actually used to just routinely sit down and beat THPS3 is one sitting all of the time. I think I could beat it in, like, a little over an hour each time.

I never had a problem inputting the directions with the N64 analog stick, let alone the immaculate GC analog stick.

The only reason I'm not going SSJ4 on you right now is because I played THPS3 on GCube. But only because I didn't own a PS2. Even still, I used the dpad because I'm not a pansy. :mad:

You used the dpad on the GC controller?

I salute you.

plainr_

I can't imagine doing crazy trick combo's with the analog stick.

FyreWulff

FUCK YES PC VERSION

Now I can play it the way it was meant to be played:

GCCont.jpg

<3

hi5

Best controller I've played Tony Hawk with

I can't imagine doing crazy trick combo's with the analog stick.

Never had a problem with it. On either N64 or GameCube.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
No Christ Air? The more I learn about this game, the less I like. I think I'll just bust out my Dreamcast. =\

Played waaaaay more THPS3 than 2 back in the day. Even considered skipping this game since I felt like the THPS3 remake is inevitable. Now I'm not so sure I can hold off for that long. Think I'll mostly be playing this with my ipod on too since I've got no nostalgia for the (what's left of) soundtrack.

they said a little after release it will have DLC of the THPS3 levels so you might want to buy

EYEL1NER

I've never played THPS with a dpad. how the fuck do you play this game with a dpad?
Exactly this.
I was a goddamned beast at Tony Hawk, a BEAST, and I used the analog stick. I think I used analog sticks on all of them from THPS to Proving Grouds.
PSone sticks, N64 sticks, Dreamcast sticks, PS2 sticks, GameCube sticks, Xbox sticks, and 360 sticks...I used them all to dominate the virtual skateboard. Only time I used a D-pad was for the GBC and GBA versions.
Can't remember if THUG2:Remix on PSP allowed the analog nub or not. If it did, I probably used it.

Hmm. Just realised they've also included Hangar, which is essentially Warehouse MkII. Plus two downhill tracks. Not much of a selection really!

I think I would've preferred a complete remake of the first game followed by one of the second, etc. And no HORSE? What were they thinking?!

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
The fire barrels in the hanger look like the ones from HL2, is this running on Source or something haha.

segarr

I don't know how people play this with a d-pad. Being able to skate in only eight directions when carefully lining up your orientation for a rail grind seems hard.

Anyway, this just doesn't seem worth it. Only 7 levels is not enough. [money grab for dlc levels] Plus the only one that really looks like it got considerable graphical attention is Warehouse. The rest look way too sterile, especially school. If the demo is the warehouse then I'll just play that over and over :D

I would have preferred if they just took THPS2x, made it widescreen, 1080p and sold that. It'd be soo much more fully featured.

123rl

I would have preferred if they just took THPS2x, made it widescreen, 1080p and sold that. It'd be soo much more fully featured.

Sad but, sadly, true. How can they justify a compilation game that is missing so many of the game's core features?

Accoun

I don't know how people play this with a d-pad. Being able to skate in only eight directions when carefully lining up your orientation for a rail grind seems hard.

Well, there are people who play fighting games with analog sticks. I don't know how can they prefer it than using d-pad. And THPS trick system is pretty much similar to fighting game system, just less complicated...

CamHostage

PSN means Vita right? I haven't been keeping up with this, but really want to play these games again. I played Tony Hawk on DS, and while it wasn't all that great, portable TH is awesome.

Nope. I don't know why publishers keep doing this or why Sony lets them (it's like when they advertised all the cool "WiFi" features in PSP games, then come to find out 9/10 times it was local wireless) but PSN just means where you can go buy it, not the system. What platform its on always depends on the product, and this is a PS3 game.

Good rule of thumb: if they say "coming to PSN", it's for PS3; if they mean it's coming to Vita, they'll usually specifically say Vita. Sometimes they'll surprise you and announce it for Vita later (or announce it as a dual-purchase title) but I've yet to see it where a game was teased as a PSN release where it ended up just on the portable (and when the listings are "XBLA, PSN and Steam", assume nothing about a Vita release until they actually announce something.)

Top Bottom