• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD |OT| LIGHTS OUT, GUERILLA RADI... oh (28k)

luffeN

Started the trial -> 24 MB update

Edit: Trial gives you two minutes in the warehouse (if that's what it's called with Tony Hawk) and from a first impression it feels like the old games. I don't think that it is 60 fps and I think that I heard one song where the lyrics were censored :(

Edit2: this song was censored :( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDpry5dBwOA (I hope that I misheard and that it was a sound from the game)

fnmore1

Oh my god...please tell me I can change the spin from the triggers to the bumpers in the full game. If not, no buy.

Full version's up on UK Marketplace, but can't seem to download it. Trial is downloadable, though, so just unlock from the trial once downloaded.

bs000

Haha.... I started playing the game like it was EA's Skate.

Got to get used to the controls again.

When I started playing SSX I kept failing cause I was trying to play like THPS. Now I'm trying to play this like SSX. Gotta unlearn again.

Was it always this easy to bail?

Not 60fps? :(

I keep replaying the demo, trying different tricks, getting used to the controls, and listening to the music. I'm liking it quite a bit. All I really wanted out of this was for the game to feel and play like the older games along with some of the good 'ole tracks put in as well. As of right now, that's what I am getting.

I think I might buy it once I can actually purchase it.

acm2000

people commenting that they cant buy it yet, this happens alot, keep your knickers on, get the same moaning every week

Bgamer90

Banned
people commenting that they cant buy it yet, this happens alot, keep your knickers on, get the same moaning every week

Haha, I didn't know.

I usually don't buy XBLA games as soon as they go up.

(I only get up early to download demos to retail games I'm looking forward to)

Timan

Developer
Worst demo?

Doesn't even let you play a complete round lol. Just fades to black and ends with 30+ seconds remaining.

bs000

So there's no double tap for double kickflip, 360 shove-it etc?

Are they putting that in when the DLC comes along or something?

Double tapping up/down+kick and up/down/left/right+grab gives you different moves. There's no double tap left/right+kick in the trial but maybe it's different for different characters.

Xater

Not 60fps and the level selection kinda sucks. Now people are even saying that it doesn't feel right makes it real easy to skip it.

elektrixx

Banned
I think it doesn't feel right either, particularly spinning around. Right now I think it's just that my stats aren't maxed out, which I'm used to.

Balb

It's not that bad but it doesn't feel like THPS2. They probably beefed up your stats for the demo because it feels like moon physics is turned on.

Demo feels pretty much like what I remember. Took almost no time for me to get back in the swing of things. I haven't played a Tony Hawk game in years though, and I think 3 was the last one I played.

Shane86

not 60 fps means i am definately waiting for the PC version. still downloading the trial to see how it feels and looks, etc.

what? no. Downhill Jam is a level from THPS, the original game.

Woops :eek:

They really should have had every level from the first two games, (or at least all the levels from the first game, and then bring out a sequel) I can understand not having all the songs or skaters, but there's no licensing issues associated with the levels, just seems like a rush job to me.

-GJ-

Woops :eek:

They really should have had every level from the first two games, (or at least all the levels from the first game, and then bring out a sequel) I can understand not having all the songs or skaters, but there's no licensing fees associated with the levels, just seems like a rush job to me.

They only had the budget for an arcade game. Not for a full fleshed retail title. I think a selection of 7 of the best level is better than the double amount of levels and they're all half assed.

Balb

They only had the budget for an arcade game. Not for a full fleshed retail title. I think a selection of 7 of the best level is better than the double amount of levels and they're all half assed.

I'd pay more for a definitive thps 1 and 2 collection though. Yeah this version is cheaper but it doesn't give me any reason to retire my thps2 for Dreamcast or thps2x for good.

Shane86

Half assed? The levels were already designed they just had to re-texture them!

Top Bottom