• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan14| See you, Space Cowboy. Hello, Space Dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
Manga spoilers:

It's hilariously bad that no mention ever to Naruto himself that he's the 4th hokage's son, even though pretty much everyone in the village knows about it.

Also, dafuq is up with that seeing eye biz?

bigkrev

Most Shonen mangaka tend to do this because they never know if their series is going to be super popular or how long its going to last since it could be cancelled at anytime.

Yep. You normally get one well written arc in the beginning (Vegeta story in DBZ, Zabusa in Naruto) that can act as a complete story if the series is canceled. The good writers can follow it up strong (ie, Oda following up Buggy the Clown with Arlong Park), and the bad writers falter

Amikami

Banned
List of people who are the same as Naruto

Iruka
Lee
Hinata
The Sauce
Gaara

Pretty much. I would say 2-3 even has it worse. Never understood the lonliness bullshit. It seems to me he had friends. He spoke to Shikamaru pretty well. Never bought the no friends thing they tried to pull.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pretty much. I would say 2-3 even has it worse. Never understood the lonliness bullshit. It seems to me he had friends. He spoke to Shikamaru pretty well. Never bought the no friends thing they tried to pull.

Lee's got Twenty and Neiji who while a cold rival actually likes Lee unlike the Sauce/Naruto relationship.

Hinata has her team. Before then? NO ONE. Even Gaara had that girl.

Iruka is the true wasted potential on the show. Everyone loves him, does jack nothing ever after this episode besides the one right before the Chunin exams.

seriously, his backstory is actually really touching. it's a shame how the guy's been basically put into the background

daveo42

Banned
Walk off those debilitating injuries like taking a fucking huge shrunken to the back Iruka sensei. We gotta go get some ramen.

The best part of shounen manga is that there is no such thing as internal injuries unless stated specifically by the characters.

Time for one of the best constructed plots seen in anime or manga.

at least he didn't turn out like Yashamaru. Fuck that guy
Yeah, that dude was an asshole.

Walk off those debilitating injuries like taking a fucking huge shrunken to the back Iruka sensei. We gotta go get some ramen.

The best part of shounen manga is that there is no such thing as internal injuries unless stated specifically by the characters.
Hahah holy crap. I've watched that episode a million times and I barely realized that. I guess the hospital can wait.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Even more hilarious is Naruto (at least in part one) tends to respect human frailty more than most super hero type shonen.

Just not this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom