• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun14| Lu Lu Lala Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenumi

Banned
Oh...I'm sorry to hear you're not all that cute then.

kNolBJb.jpg

What's wrong with incest anime?

To steer back to Toonami-related stuff, was it confirmed that DBZ Kai would replace Bleach or Attack on Titan?

No confirmation as to where Kai will end up on the line-up but mightynine (I think, sorry if I'm crediting the wrong person) posted an askFM Q&A from DeMarco a few pages back, where he stated that they wanted to pick up DBZ to stabilize ratings. 789 brought up the point that Bleach is the long running steady ratings bringer, so it's logical to assume it'll take over that 12:00AM spot.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
No confirmation as to where Kai will end up on the line-up but mightynine (I think, sorry if I'm crediting the wrong person) posted as askFM Q&A from DeMarco where he stated that they wanted to pick up DBZ to stabilize ratings. 789 brought up the point that Bleach is the long running steady ratings bringer, so it's logical to assume it'll take over that 12:00AM spot.
Hmm, that's true. I just did the math & figured out AoT ends on Oct. 18th (assuming it doesn't take any breaks), which would fit coming in the fall. I haven't been keeping up with Bleach, so I don't know when that ends. Plus 11:30 for DBZ might also work.

Hmm, that's true. I just did the math & figured out AoT ends on Oct. 18th (assuming it doesn't take any breaks), which would fit coming in the fall. I haven't been keeping up with Bleach, so I don't know when that ends. Plus 11:30 for DBZ might also work.

I think Bleach ends on the 18th as well which would make things interesting

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The only way I'll accept a restart of Bleach is if it's at the tail end of the block. Amongst all the other repeats.

Raxus

The only way I'll accept a restart of Bleach is if it's at the tail end of the block. Amongst all the other repeats.

God, I hope not. I actually like American cartoons finishing the tail end of the block. Once Beware clears the block maybe we can get Young Justice!

Bleach ends the same day. clearly we're getting an hour of DBZ.

SURPRISE!

giphy.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Surprise, Bleach Kai?

But from what I've noticed, a show gets replaced by the same company that dubbed it (i.e Funi show replaced by another Funi show). I assume they work something out so a replacement is ready to go.

& Blue Exorcist ends August 9th (did they confirm if we're getting the OVA from the DVDs?). Wonder if Aniplex has another show lined up.

Not even I would want to see Bleach re-run in the premiere section of the block. I'd be okay if they did a power hour at the end of the night like Inuyasha.

& Blue Exorcist ends August 9th (did they confirm if we're getting the OVA from the DVDs?). Wonder if Aniplex has another show lined up.

KLK has been thrown around as a possible replacement, but I don't see that airing on toonami unless there's some editing done. Who knows if Aniplex is willing to foot the bill for that though; it seems like DeMarco doesn't want to pay for it. I'm not sure what else Aniplex could offer, maybe GL?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

An hour of Fate/Zero. =D

Mature

Not even I would want to see Bleach re-run in the premiere section of the block. I'd be okay if they did a power hour at the end of the night like Inuyasha.
I'd actually be more comfortable with this. I'm a lot more forgiving with shows much later in the night too.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
An hour of Fate/Zero. =D
*insert joke about Episode 1 here*

I would dig Baccano being on there. Only other action shows that I see on Aniplex's site that'd work are Gurren Lagann, Madoka Magica, Fate/Stay Night (the remake coming out later), KILL LA KILL, & Valvrave.

Tenumi

Banned
I really wish Fate/Zero comes to Toonami. Maybe Accel World?

I'd be totally cool with Accel World.

KLK has been thrown around as a possible replacement, but I don't see that airing on toonami unless there's some editing done. Who knows if Aniplex is willing to foot the bill for that though; it seems like DeMarco doesn't want to pay for it. I'm not sure what else Aniplex could offer, maybe GL?

Hmm... Gurren Lagann is probably the most likely assuming rights aren't in legal limbo. I wouldn't mind Madoka Magica, but looking at what they've got, Magi, Durarara, or Valvrave (Assuming it's dubbed at this point) are more likely than that.

Still see the front of the block being DBZ Kai and Sailor Moon come fall.

Jintor

I really do love how the bold lines make the characters 'pop', it's a distinctive style that emulates manga better than anything else I can think of off the top of my head.

I was talking more the idea of these tiny guys spidermanning around giant things. The art style itself is pretty good but it has to be since the backgrounds are mostly super generic and do a pretty bad job of creating a real sense of place. (Only real exception so far to my mind: the training camp)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
MikeMyers should be happy as Sailor Moon is an incest anime.

Not just the cousin thing either, think of Tuxedo Mask and his future daughter.

I would be OK with either KLK or Magicka Modoka. Although I do really like Kill LA Kill more but the censorship they might have to do might be too much.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Onii chan you're bankai is so big

I was capturing gifs to piss someone off watching episode 1 of bleach last night and basically the first thing out of Rukia's mouth after Ichigo steals her powers is that his zanpakto is the biggest she's ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom