• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun14| Lu Lu Lala Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously I really never understood why they added the "LOOK AT ME BIG BROTHER" to Ichigo's youngest sister post time skip. I get that incest stuff is popular in Japan but still...

Seriously I really never understood why they added the "LOOK AT ME BIG BROTHER" to Ichigo's youngest sister post time skip. I get that incest stuff is popular in Japan but still...

I wouldn't say incest is popular in Japan, just that they have different cultural norms which make the topic less taboo. I'm no expert on Japanese culture though, just throwing a thought. I'm sure somebody in this thread is way more knowledgeable than I on this subject; could be an interesting topic to discuss.

What actually happened with Nel?

She was miles better than Orihime's tired-tropey damsel in distress crying ass

Pretty sure she's just shooting the shit back in Hueco Mundo. I expected her to show up during the battle for karakura town but nope, Kubo forget this awesome character existed.

OnePieceGAF takeover?

iWk1eum5nysnq.gif

SOON.

In less than three hours no one in this thread will be able to forget about her...

Who?
:p

I wouldn't say incest is popular in Japan, just that they have different cultural norms which make the topic less taboo. I'm no expert on Japanese culture though, just throwing a thought. I'm sure somebody in this thread is way more knowledgeable than I on this subject; could be an interesting topic to discuss.

Japan hates incest, but the otakus who buy expensive figures and seasonal anime blurays love it.

Seda

http://toonami.tumblr.com/post/87945001358/july-5th-line-up-space-dandy-season-2-premiere

JULY 5TH LINE UP - SPACE DANDY SEASON 2 PREMIERE!
11:30p - Space Dandy 12 - Long Open (Attack on Titan returns July 12)
12:00a - Space Dandy 13 - Short Open (Bleach returns July 12)
12:30a - Space Dandy 14 - PREMIERE - Long Open
01:00a - Naruto Shippuden
01:30a - One Piece
02:00a - Blue Exorcist
02:30a - Black Lagoon
03:00a - Beware the Batman
03:30a - Uncut Naruto
04:00a - Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
04:30a - Samurai Jack
05:00a - Star Wars: The Clone Wars
05:30a - Sym-Bionic Titan

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Woah, 3 episodes of Space Dandy in one night! & it's two awesome episodes as well before the premiere, the chameleon & QT fallin' in love.

& now this means AoT will end Oct. 25th now

Seda

I guess that means we are repeating one of the Dandy episodes?

June 7 - #9
June 14 - #10
June 21 - #11
June 28 - #12
July 5 - #12/#13/#14

Seda

Symbionic Titan: July 19th, 2014
Blue Exorcist: August 9th, 2014
Black Lagoon: August 30th, 2014
Space Dandy: September 27th, 2014 (assumes S2 is 13 episodes)
Bleach: October 25th 2014
Attack on Titan: October 25th, 2014
Beware The Batman: Novermber 1st, 2014
Naruto (1st 52 episodes): December 28th, 2014
Samurai Jack: January 24th, 2015
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood: May 16th, 2015
Clone Wars: September 12th, 2015
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA....
One Piece: ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Space Dandy moved up a week, Attack on Titan and Bleach moved back a week.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Crystal is bi-weekly and taking an entire year to cover the Queen Beryl arc, doubt it'll come to Toonami anytime soon.

Plus, Uncut Sailor Moon is 200 episodes long. That's at least 4 years of time slots right there.

Crocodile

I've been meaning to get on the 'Sailor Moon Mondays' bandwagon and will be watching the uncut episodes (I think there's 8?) up on hulu this weekend. We could set up an irc chat and power through them if you're interested.

That sounds like an interesting idea (a group stream might be better if the logistics work at all) but I've got no time for that within the next week. It's def an idea we should keep in mind though.

Well that answers some questions I had earlier

Up all night to get Dandy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g68Y5GGsEg4

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Plus, Uncut Sailor Moon is 200 episodes long. That's at least 4 years of time slots right there.

Also, remastered or not, Sailor Moon in its current from looks like a TV Anime from 1992 and is probably "too ugly" for the block in its current state.

Why is incest anime usually big brother-little sister anyways?

No idea but kayos and gmn bring up good points. I do wonder though if this laissez-faire attitude towards incest only exists within a small bubble that we are over exposed to as anime fans, or if this fetish is widespread. I don't watch any Japanese television programming outside of anime so I'm curious to know if you see this touched upon in live-action shows or film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom