• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun14| Lu Lu Lala Lu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

He's hoping it gets on.

Like I said before, KLK ain't getting on Toonami unless that badboy has some heavy edits
tLQ8B.png

Either it will fill BE spot or BL spot since it's at the halfway mark

Like I said before, KLK ain't getting on Toonami unless that badboy has some heavy editshttp://i.imgur.com/tLQ8B.png

Either it will fill BE spot or BL spot since it's at the halfway mark

If he really said "hopefully KLK comes to Toonami" and then spent the last few minutes talking about BE on the block... yeah I feel like Aniplex and AS are going to find a way to get the show on the block it's really a matter of when not if and a matter of how much they can get away with

If he really said "hopefully KLK comes to Toonami" and then spent the last few minutes talking about BE on the block... yeah I feel like Aniplex and AS are going to find a way to get the show on the block it's really a matter of when not if and a matter of how much they can get away with
It's not coming

Seda

So, uh, can someone explain the Dark Souls thing to me?

The 'joke' is that everything is compared to Dark Souls even if the comparison doesn't make any sense. Yesterday someone on Gaming side compared Rayman 1 to Dark Souls and got some amusing flak for that. Somehow Dark Souls discussion made its way here so...

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yea, I called that, if Aniplex wants it on the block then they will find a way to get it on the block. Personally I was hoping or Samurai Flamenco.

It's not coming

Of all people after you and Shard went back and forth over DBZ Kai do you really want to set yourself up the way he did <_< Obviously nothing is official yet but we've heard both DeMarco go "we're interested but nudity will be a problem" and Aniplex themselves say "hopefully it'll air on Toonami"

Basically

amVLOzN.gif

Expect it to air on the block, especially if they can go "see it UNCUT on DVD/BLU RAY" that makes it perfect advertising for their $30-40 dollar DVD/Blu Rays

Moaradin

People are making a bigger deal of the nudity than what it actually is. Toonami has aired more explicit stuff than anything in Kill la Kill before.

Crocodile

Fate/Zero needs to show up before Fate/Night. That first episode though...........

TTGL would be perfect for Toonami too. I know jack shit about Magi though so I have no comment.

Raxus

People are making a bigger deal of the nudity than what it actually is. Toonami has aired more explicit stuff than anything in Kill la Kill before.

The problem being there seems to be guidelines between comedy and action. While KlK is rather tame most of the time it does have some parts where they will need to censor or edit some scenes.

Also, how in the hell did Adult Swim get away with airing an Aqua Teen Hunger Force episode FILLED WITH DICKS.

Magi, KLK, Gurren Lagann, and Fate/Stay Night will all come to the block eventually.

Toonami has built a good relationship with Aniplex.

I wasn't really watching but it seemed like the last 5 minutes of the stream was them pimping Blue Exorcist and it's airing on Toonami. I fully expect all those shows to eventually air on the block, maybe F/Z will be able to air after F/SN has already aired if it's popular enough because then it'll already have the established fan base who will be able to endure the boring first hour long episode.

Seda

If it does come to Toonami people are going to give DeMarco crap for any edits that they have to make.

I don't mind them, if I really enjoy what I see I'll buy the home release - probably will for Black Lagoon eventually. Doubt that'd be the case for KLK though.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If it does come to Toonami people are going to give DeMarco crap for any edits that they have to make.

I don't mind them, if I really enjoy what I see I'll buy the home release - probably will for Black Lagoon eventually. Doubt that'd be the case for KLK though.
Aniplex would probably make commercials & be all "Own the uncensored, uncut version of KILL LA KILL, available now on DVD & Blu-Ray, along with a special edition!".

could be that, could be a ridiculous contract with scify

Yeah, I imagine GL is like DBZ Kai and Shippuden a show they'll air once whenever the rights with Sci Fi expire.

Aniplex would probably make commercials & be all "Own the uncensored, uncut version of KILL LA KILL, available now on DVD & Blu-Ray, along with a special edition!".

This is exactly why I think it will happen, I feel like DeMarco is more "ehh we'd have to censor it" then Aniplex is, I think eventually the fan demand for KLK and Aniplex going "come on we want you to air it" is going to make him go "F it"

Man God

Non-Canon Member
aniplex does the best edits of the OPs of anyone. They take the best part of each song. Hell I'd go as far to say that their cuts of both SAO openings and the first Blue Exorcist opening are BETTER than the full version.

Raxus

You can get Black Lagoon complete(Blu Ray) for 27 bucks right now.

I may jump on the deal myself.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't care if KLK makes it to TOONAMI or not, though it would be a fun watch together, mainly because I'm fairly confident the dub will show up on Netflix eventually. Most of Aniplex's recent dubs have shown up there, and I'll be doubly sure if they add the dub to Blue Exorcist in the next few months.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You can get Black Lagoon complete(Blu Ray) for 27 bucks right now.

I may jump on the deal myself.
Shame it doesn't include the OVA episodes of Roberta's Blood Trial. Oh well, that's still pretty decent, almost $1 per episode.

I really hope to have more disposable income in the future, because it seems anime is becoming much more affordable now (well, MOST OF THEM. *eyes Aniplex*) with the fact they're releasing them in complete series & at lower prices. I remember being a kid & seeing FLCL for $30 and it was only 2 episodes per volume.

Of all people after you and Shard went back and forth over DBZ Kai do you really want to set yourself up the way he did <_< Obviously nothing is official yet but we've heard both DeMarco go "we're interested but nudity will be a problem" and Aniplex themselves say "hopefully it'll air on Toonami"

Basically

amVLOzN.gif

Expect it to air on the block, especially if they can go "see it UNCUT on DVD/BLU RAY" that makes it perfect advertising for their $30-40 dollar DVD/Blu Rays

The difference between Shard and I is that I'm not saying Kill La Kill isn't coming to the block because of an irrational hatred that's clouding my judgement. I don't pull predictions out of thin air either; I'm using evidence and logic to come to the conclusion that KLK will more likely than not fail to air on toonami. In case you've forgotten already, let's take a look at the network censorship policy and what DeMarco said specifically about the show at Momocon:

[*]Kill la Kill: DeMarko likes the show but the nudity might be a problem. "We're looking at it, I know... I don't know." He gave a wince that didn't inspire confidence. :/

Censorship: They share the channel with Cartoon Network. Because of this, they have stricter rules regarding nudity and language than a channel like Comedy Central (who DeMarco says pushes the envelope). This is mostly because of advertisers. So don't expect much language or nudity in the future unless (he jokes) there were ever a 24 hour Toonami channel. They liked Black Lagoon enough to just air it with all the bleeps rather than skip the show entirely because of the language.

Editing takes time and money. Bleeping some curse words in Black Lagoon probably doesn't break the bank but creating new content to censor things deemed inappropriate for CN is a different story. Toonami is already working on a tight budget - They just updated the title cards. We know they're working on The Intruder 2. New bumps are probably on the way. We've gotten music videos (licensing fees, hello). I could go on dude, nothing is free. I don't know exactly how large toonami's budget is or what kind of deal they could work out with Aniplex, but at some point they have to make a cost/benefit analysis and at this time, KLK might be too much of a money sink to air for the returns they would get.

I'm using facts to back up my points, you're arguing on blind faith and an offhand comment made by some Aniplex employee in a stream.

Here are my highlights from the Stream.

inb4Demarco,aniplex,all of them.

I'm gonna assume you edited in that DeMarco lol

The difference between Shard and I is that I'm not saying Kill La Kill isn't coming to the block because of an irrational hatred that's clouding my judgement. I don't pull predictions out of thin air either; I'm using evidence and logic to come to the conclusion that KLK will more likely than not fail to air on toonami. In case you've forgotten already, let's take a look at the network censorship policy and what DeMarco said specifically about the show at Momocon:

Editing takes time and money. Bleeping some curse words in Black Lagoon probably doesn't break the bank but creating new content to censor things deemed inappropriate for AS is a different story. Toonami is already working on a tight budget - They just updated the title cards. We know they're working on The Intruder 2. New bumps are probably on the way. We've gotten music videos (licensing fees, hello). I could go on dude, nothing is free. I don't exactly how large toonami budget is or what kind of deal they could work out with Aniplex, but at some point they have to make a cost/benefit analysis and at this point, KLK might be too much of a money sink to air for the returns they would get.

I'm using facts to back up my points, you're arguing on blind faith and an offhand comment made by some Aniplex employee in a stream.

I think the fact Toonami is able to pull off so many of the things you mentioned is a good sign the show will come to the block eventually, especially if Aniplex is willing to help with the editing/censoring to get the show on the block. You're arguing "facts" but you don't actually have any real numbers to show only an assumption on how much it would cost to censor KLK and how much it would cost to license the show on the block vs it's potential income. You're also quoting DeMarco who clearly says "we're looking at it" which is far better then "no plans to announce at this time". The man has also gone on the record as saying they listen to the fans and the fans help decide what content comes to the block... as people here about the fact "some guy an Aniplex" said "hopefully it comes to Toonami" those request are going to flood. Of course he's going to mention the nudity being a problem, it WILL be a problem no one's denying that. Toonami and Aniplex will find a way to make the show happen if they want it to and both sides have clearly expressed interest in it happening.

It's silly to say something will NEVER air on Toonami, you can say it's not a very good chance but that's not 0%. I imagine some people might have said Black Lagoon would never air on Toonami because "they'd have to censor half the dialogue and at that point what's the point" and here we are a billion bleeps later. I honestly do think you're letting your anger at that scene that happens later in KLK and you're general dislike of the show cloud your judgement the way Shard was denying any chance of DBZ Kai airing.

Gorillaz

I can see myself easily rewatching Black Lagoon with friends and even by myself to see it uncensored

That's why I don't mind watching Black Lagoon with yall when I get out late from work on Saturday. Shit is the easily rewatchable and one of the most fun shows to kick back with a beer. One of the few shows where I don't mind starting it over as soon as it's finished.

Shame it doesn't include the OVA episodes of Roberta's Blood Trial. Oh well, that's still pretty decent, almost $1 per episode.

I really hope to have more disposable income in the future, because it seems anime is becoming much more affordable now (well, MOST OF THEM. *eyes Aniplex*) with the fact they're releasing them in complete series & at lower prices. I remember being a kid & seeing FLCL for $30 and it was only 2 episodes per volume.

I believe that Aniplex has ridiculously high prices because they know that the faithful American otaku will buy those sets no matter what.
TY7QnAQ.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom