• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar14| No Time for Sissy Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Even Akamaru wouldn't sniff or bang them

fPlHvAgl.jpg

UNDCrNyl.jpg

MikeMyers

Is Sakura/Ino the only friendship Kishimoto gave some sort of story to? The rest just seem like one-sided to me, except maybe ShikaChoji. Like Sasuke/Neji are just whatever to Naruto/Lee.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Choji/Shikamaru and Choji/Shikamaru/Kiba/Naruto gets a bit of canon attention. Hinata gets a very little bit with Neji during the Neji and Naruto fight.

UNDCrNyl.jpg

As Jerry "The King" Lawler would say, "Dem Puppies"

too bad she's a worthless character

and Hinata trying too damn hard as usual

MikeMyers

Ah okay. No love for Tenten....until the superior Rock Lee show!

I like how Kid Ino beating Sakura's bully is longer than Temari fighting Tenten in the comic.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I have not. Hell the only reason I read Naruto is to check on it every two months or so to see if its ended yet.

Nope, still going.

I own but haven't seen the FMA ova's the only two anime related things I don't own for FMA are the movies and i won't buy Conquerors of Shamballa unless its dirt cheap

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guys, there are FMA:B OAV's up on Hulu! Go watch them! NOW!
Woah, cool, I'll have to check those out. I recall seeing one of those OVAs (I think the one about the blind person) & been wanting to see the rest of them.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Naruto ending 12 is Parade by Chaba. The first version features Sakura having a dream with a shiny leaf. It's seemingly about Sasuke. When the Chinese new year hit however and switched it to the year of the dog they had a special year of the dog version of it with a completely different visual.

The Viz release of the anime did something weird though, they showed the ending in reverse starting with a few episodes of year of the dog version and switching over to the molesting leaf.

Raxus

Naruto ending 12 is Parade by Chaba. The first version features Sakura having a dream with a shiny leaf. It's seemingly about Sasuke. When the Chinese new year hit however and switched it to the year of the dog they had a special year of the dog version of it with a completely different visual.

The Viz release of the anime did something weird though, they showed the ending in reverse starting with a few episodes of year of the dog version and switching over to the molesting leaf.

LOL what?!?

Student loan companies make me laugh, I feel behind because my "minimum" monthly payment is over 50% of my current income a month because they thought I made more money a month then I actually was, but they can't lower it/fix it until I get caught up and they won't stop calling every hour until I do so

BUT

If I post $200 to be paid on my next pay check day right now, they'll stop the calls for the time because that'll pay for enough to have me not be "flagged for emergency" calls.

<_<

I need my tax refund asap this is getting annoying.

Amikami

Banned
It's crazy! The song is sooo good but your choices are rape leaf or furries.

Hah. Yes! I really like Parade-Chaba, but not with this imagery. It's not quite the worst ed for me, though. Probably second worst. I'm looking at you Shippuden ED 26. *cringe*. Not so much creepy as just really awful.

Amikami

Banned
What the hell did I just walk in on? Naruto's Furry Fantasy?

With the fox in him, of course he's into furry. Funny thing that your post reminded me of. In Chapter 0 of Naruto, he was the nine tails, or rather the nine tails son. He was basically a fox who could turn into a human though. Kinda funny how different that is from what ultimately becomes the Naruto manga. Haven't read that in awhile.

So what should I expect from SBT?

Oh wow, you weren't with us the first time. Expect shaking and quaking. It a fun show

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Sorry for my lack of activity here recently, been on a anime watching kick, especially watching a potential toonami show called samurai flamenco.

Amikami

Banned
Kill la Kill 13-15

An interesting mini arc here, with lots of stuff going on. Episode 13 was expected enough after 12. It’s just sort of the way something like that would progress in an anime, so there’s not really much to say besides the freaking end of the episode.
Usually those sort of masquerade characters are easy to pick out. Maybe I’ve just grown gullible, but Nui’s appearance just blindsided me. And Fuck Nui! Not only did she manage to cut Senketsu, but I was really starting to warm up to that whiny overly-dramatic free speech advocate kid and she took that too. As for Raygo, I’m curious to see what’s going on here. Definitely a weird tension between her and Satsuki and when you make Satsuki tense, you got something going for you. The tension is completely one-sided at that, and based on Satsuki’s reaction to Nui appearing at the elections, and her speeches to Gamagoori, it’s obvious that she hates Ragyo, while respecting her in person. Completely expect her to nip it in the bud, take over, etc. Also, maybe I’ve got a dirty mind, but the way she’s felt up Satsuki felt incredibly creepy. Seriously, Mom can’t be touching the tits that way.
Goodbye sensei. Hello
Nudist Beach’s naked splendid officer
. Splendid indeed, and so fabulous. He’s got a pretty nice ride too. Watching him and Ryuuko depart was pretty exciting because I knew things were about to get interesting, especially with
Nudist Beach finally coming out with full steam. So, Senketsu is pretty much still around. It would have been weird if he was missing, but I felt like the entire Senketsu getting chopped up didn’t serve much more of a purpose than for it to be said that Ryuuko had gotten stronger individually. I Think this might be more relevant later though so I’ll leave it at that.
…With that said, I’m glad they didn’t go the predictable route and having too much drama over that incident. Overall, I didn’t really warm up to this episode much. It just felt a bit too much on the fillerish side yet it was still carrying out the plot. While some parts dragged, others parts were rushed. Ryuuko had a Kirito moment I guess. I’m not really sure how much time passed between Ryuuko in one location and her in the next but it just felt weird. The pacing felt really off. The little skirmish with Takarada was fun though. The conclusion of it is even better in the next episode. Oh MY!
Episode 15 was really good and being the end of this small arc, I thought it set things up pretty well for what’s to come.
I can never turn down a battle between Satsuki and Ryuuko and I always enjoy their little brawls.
Nudist Beach is very literal. I face palmed at the gear, but you know, this is payback for all the female “armor” that leave 90% of skin bare. It’s all just fun and games though. It’s just a very silly concept and a way for the anime to pick on itself, and I think its fine. I’m still pretty surprised at how little I bat an eye to these costumes, including Ryuuko and Satsuki. I’m either used to it or too distracted to care. Speaking of which, thanks to splendid naked officer sensei and his crew,
there was a whole lot of ass this episode. More ass than I expected to see, even.

Overall exposed count as of episode 15: 78
Overall almost exposed count as of episode 15: 59
“I don't even care anymore” moments: 137

foxuzamaki

Kill la Kill 13-15

An interesting mini arc here, with lots of stuff going on. Episode 13 was expected enough after 12. It’s just sort of the way something like that would progress in an anime, so there’s not really much to say besides the freaking end of the episode.
Usually those sort of masquerade characters are easy to pick out. Maybe I’ve just grown gullible, but Nui’s appearance just blindsided me. And Fuck Nui! Not only did she manage to cut Senketsu, but I was really starting to warm up to that whiny overly-dramatic free speech advocate kid and she took that too. As for Raygo, I’m curious to see what’s going on here. Definitely a weird tension between her and Satsuki and when you make Satsuki tense, you got something going for you. The tension is completely one-sided at that, and based on Satsuki’s reaction to Nui appearing at the elections, and her speeches to Gamagoori, it’s obvious that she hates Ragyo, while respecting her in person. Completely expect her to nip it in the bud, take over, etc. Also, maybe I’ve got a dirty mind, but the way she’s felt up Satsuki felt incredibly creepy. Seriously, Mom can’t be touching the tits that way.
Goodbye sensei. Hello
Nudist Beach’s naked splendid officer
. Splendid indeed, and so fabulous. He’s got a pretty nice ride too. Watching him and Ryuuko depart was pretty exciting because I knew things were about to get interesting, especially with
Nudist Beach finally coming out with full steam. So, Senketsu is pretty much still around. It would have been weird if he was missing, but I felt like the entire Senketsu getting chopped up didn’t serve much more of a purpose than for it to be said that Ryuuko had gotten stronger individually. I Think this might be more relevant later though so I’ll leave it at that.
…With that said, I’m glad they didn’t go the predictable route and having too much drama over that incident. Overall, I didn’t really warm up to this episode much. It just felt a bit too much on the fillerish side yet it was still carrying out the plot. While some parts dragged, others parts were rushed. Ryuuko had a Kirito moment I guess. I’m not really sure how much time passed between Ryuuko in one location and her in the next but it just felt weird. The pacing felt really off. The little skirmish with Takarada was fun though. The conclusion of it is even better in the next episode. Oh MY!
Episode 15 was really good and being the end of this small arc, I thought it set things up pretty well for what’s to come.
I can never turn down a battle between Satsuki and Ryuuko and I always enjoy their little brawls.
Nudist Beach is very literal. I face palmed at the gear, but you know, this is payback for all the female “armor” that leave 90% of skin bare. It’s all just fun and games though. It’s just a very silly concept and a way for the anime to pick on itself, and I think its fine. I’m still pretty surprised at how little I bat an eye to these costumes, including Ryuuko and Satsuki. I’m either used to it or too distracted to care. Speaking of which, thanks to splendid naked officer sensei and his crew,
there was a whole lot of ass this episode. More ass than I expected to see, even.

Overall exposed count as of episode 15: 78
Overall almost exposed count as of episode 15: 59
“I don't even care anymore” moments: 137

It's funny how you didnt have a overraction to satsuki's mother like some of animegaf did, and it seems you, like everyone else is noticing how the lack of clothes are basically unnoticed by this point haha

foxuzamaki

Well idk what word to use, compared to the reactions in the OT hers is probably the most tame by far haha

My impression on all of it is a few pages back, I don't particular care or think people should feel a certain way about things like that, but labeling things "overreactions" usually means it's not worth of the response. I think if people are uncomfortable with
a mother molesting their daughter on multiple occasions
that's far from an overreaction to me, nor do I feel that can just be brushed off as "this person is a villain/villainous character". But uh, we've kinda talked about it enough in a thread not pertaining to this, and uh back to One Piece with me.

Amikami

Banned
Well idk what word to use, compared to the reactions in the OT hers is probably the most tame by far haha

Gaf likes to react to things and it's easier for reaction to swell when in a group. I'll probably go into the OT and check it out, being careful not to go too far and spoil myself. It should be fun comparing my isolated impressions with the general impression of the OT. I'm curious to see how they reacted.

foxuzamaki

Idk what it says about me when moments like that come up and im not bothered by it but the first thing I think about is what gaf is gonna think about it and that hinges my enjoyment just ever so slightly. very slightly.

Amikami

Banned
I'm excited. I think I'm going to go ahead and watch KlK 16 and maybe 17. Be back with impression later.

Idk what it says about me when moments like that come up and Im not bothered by it but the first thing I think about is what gaf is gonna think about it and that hinges my enjoyment just ever so slightly. very slightly.

Hmm. It wasn't that bad. Creepy maybe. Feel like a scene that could be misinterpreted, so I didn't take it too seriously. It was more about Junketsu than anything. I can't imagine people would have reacted so badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom