• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT3| Sleep is for the Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I like how this wasn't even Naraku's plan originally. He was just like "Oh, you're here. Guess I should enact one of my 100,000 plans to kill you guys."

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
iPSzV8mtmwSBC.gif

In case anyone's interested, the Q&A is underway.

On Thundercats starting on episode 3:

Very sorry about that. We looked into why the schedule had episode three listed and were told that the eps simply were wrongly labeled and that episode one WOULD air. Turns out we were told wrong! We’ll look into it.

That mysterious third show was not One Piece:

No, it wasn’t. We are still working on trying to make a few other things happen for the block. Stay tuned, we’re not done surprising you guys!

The Evolution of TOM comic, which will also feature SARA:

We don’t have a set release date. It’s going to be ready when it’s ready. We promise, it’s being worked on! It will be a while, though.

They are also working on two game reviews, maybe an IGPX promo this week, no "greatest hits" for TOM 3.5 this week, expanding an extra hour remains possible but unlikely.

MikeMyers

It has hinted that Naraku isn't a full demon, so it makes sense why he's searching for the jewel, to become a pure demon.

This is confirmed later on in the series

Yeah Koga's awesome. The haters suck.

Agreed

The character I 'hate' the most is the green beaked guy

What? That man is pure entertainment.

Heh, I can see that. Jaken makes me laugh sometimes, though.

For some reason I've always disliked Kagura. Such a jerk.

I like Kagura, I don't see what makers her a jerk.

Kagome is the REAL annoying character in this series. God what a fucking bitch.

WINNER

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Well, if you guys know me well, you know my obsession with anime openings.

So, I think I got a little vision : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1SVBFe7l2I ( opening = spoilers )

One Piece is like Bleach in which there is enough opening narration, recaps, episode previews and eyecatchers to cut out without hurting the opening. Plus, Funimation doesn't even have the rights to the first ending that Toonami will encounter so that's an easy 1 minute cut there (at least initially).

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
One Piece is like Bleach in which there is enough opening narration, recaps, episode previews and eyecatchers to cut out without hurting the opening. Plus, Funimation doesn't even have the rights to the first ending that Toonami will encounter so that's an easy 1 minute cut there (at least initially).

Plus at one point they stop with the endings altogether.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Plus at one point they stop with the endings altogether.
This doesn't help. It means there's more to cut out without the luxury of being able to shorten the ending.

That said, I'll need to go back and check the episodes in the early 200s. It might be possible to keep the full OP by just shortening the ending. They'll definitely need to start cutting once they get deep into Enies Lobby, though.

Yep, it's pretty soon after this.
It's more than a year and a half past where we're starting. :D

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I'm on episode 187 of Naruto right now and I swear to god it's been like 40 episodes straight of filler. Why. D:

Laughing Shino was disturbing

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
ok, i have a question. why did Funimation change his opening dialogue from "i left everything i own in one piece" to "i left everything i gathered together in one place"

is there a plot reason or something that actually using the phrase "one piece" messes with, or was 4Kids actually...better in that aspect o_O

We don't know why the treasure is called "One Piece". It was 4Kids attempting to make it a pun.
Funimation's translation is actually correct.
Viz went with "My treasure? Why, it's right where I left it. It's yours if you can find it. But you'll have to search the whole world!"

Also, we're not getting the fucking 4Kids rap.

I'm on episode 187 of Naruto right now and I swear to god it's been like 40 episodes straight of filler. Why. D:

Laughing Shino was disturbing

The canon ended at Episode 135. Stop now and start Shippuden.
As for "why", the anime caught up to the manga. So we got 85 episodes of filler so Kishimoto could catch up. Ratings tanked so they cancelled it and restarted it as "Naruto Shippuden"

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
The canon ended at Episode 135. Stop now and start Shippuden.
As for "why", the anime caught up to the manga. So we got 85 episodes of filler so Kishimoto could catch up. Ratings tanked so they cancelled it and restarted it as "Naruto Shippuden
... What the fuck did they think would happen?

Why do all of these concurrently-running shonen anime think it's a great idea to have 500 episodes of filler instead of just having a few off-seasons, or better yet, work on a schedule of having a week off once every ~4 weeks so that the pace of the anime's progression is slowed by 20-25% without adding filler?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
... What the fuck did they think would happen?

Why do all of these concurrently-running shonen anime think it's a great idea to have 500 episodes of filler instead of just having a few off-seasons, or better yet, work on a schedule of having a week off once every ~4 weeks so that the pace of the anime's progression is slowed by 20-25% without adding filler?

Merchandising! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNZove4OTtI

Seriously. One Piece merch makes a fucking mint for Toei. Naruto merch is just as big.
It's why there's always a new Super Sentai every year and Pokemon is nearing 800 episodes.
It's why Young Justice was cancelled (that and Cartoon Network being mismanaging idiots).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom