• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I'd rather have Genndy's Clone Wars honestly. It was just so goddamn good. Part of me wishes they would give him the next Star Wars movie. I know his skills probably wouldn't translate well from animation to live action, but damn I'd love to see what he'd do.

the problem with genndy's clone wars is that they're 5 mins long each

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck yeah another EVA night. And they said that there is something special for that night as well, maybe they will show the first english trailer for 3.33.

The something special is going to be something along the lines of the crazy music videos they showed with Eva 1.11.

Well now it's called Toonami, deal with it.

I'll certainly deal with it, by not giving my viewership to this block until they get enough money to stop living off the scraps of the main channel with reruns, cut back on the programs that were made for Saturday morning instead of Saturday night, and get some shows that appeal to me.

I'll certainly deal with it, by not giving my viewership to this block until they get enough money to stop living off the scraps of the main channel with reruns, cut back on the programs that were made for Saturday morning instead of Saturday night, and get some shows that appeal to me.

So you want to go back to ASA's constant re-runs and occasional pick-ups of new shows?

can't really fault you if you don't like any of the shows. but those "scraps" are replacing the shows that have rerun to hell and back, so i fail to see how that's a problem. and let's not pretend ASA wasn't on a steep decline into likely cancellation for the past two or three years.

Moaradin

We're getting the CG clone wars? That's gonna be here for a while :lol

It's weird that they considered getting rid of the "filler" from Clone Wars but not actual filler from Naruto.

Seda

We're getting the CG clone wars? That's gonna be here for a while :lol

It's weird that they considered getting rid of the "filler" from Clone Wars and not actual filler from Naruto.

Maybe Naruto has been a large success as the second show so they want to keep it there as long as possible, believing the filler will rate well enough.

I'd hope they'd move it back, especially if ratings are affected. A lot can change before we even get to that point though.

Amikami

Banned
Star Wars. Eww. I'm not to happy about that one. I like star wars and all but I don't want to sit through clone wars. I didn't like it much when I tried it. I can't even remember anything I watched.

Not sure how to feel about the Naruto filler. Pre-Season 5 is fine, but 80+ filler hell is...hell. Though, I may have some laughs with gaf. I hope they reconsider and in the meantime see if they can afford Shippuden.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
People will hate watch the Naruto filler. It definitely has a broad appeal in that.

Unfortunately the best parts of those episodes (the last two openings and a ton of awesome endings) won't be fully featured.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
People will hate watch the Naruto filler. It definitely has a broad appeal in that.

Unfortunately the best parts of those episodes (the last two openings and a ton of awesome endings) won't be fully featured.

There are a few decent filler episodes, most of those feature Hinata oddly enough.

Seda

Naruto filler is a long way away, I wouldn't worry to much about it yet.

Bleach will have been over for almost a year, One Piece will be past Enies Lobby. Even Clone Wars will be wrapping up before then.

There are a few decent filler episodes, most of those feature Hinata oddly enough.

Yup I actually remember enjoying one mini arc with Hinata. That's the only one though.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Naruto filler is a long way away, I wouldn't worry to much about it yet.

Bleach will have been over for almost a year, One Piece will be past Enies Lobby. Even Clone Wars will be wrapping up before then.

So basically you're saying we'll have nothing to watch but six hours of Naruto filler. OH GOD

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Funimation is pledged to dub up through Filler Bark so One Piece will be on barring something weird happening for at least three years.

Remember, we TOONami now.

And well, I see that Adult Swim plans to have at least 1 or 2 shows from CN in their lineup. The Clone Wars is decent. I just wasn't into it that much.

Building you a Better Cartoon Show.

Ain't nobody got time for that.

It still wouldn't be bad, though :(

c405cca93541f879dedf.png

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Remember, we TOONami now.

And well, I see that Adult Swim plans to have at least 1 or 2 shows from CN in their lineup. The Clone Wars is decent. I just wasn't into it that much.

Building you a Better Cartoon Show.

Ain't nobody got time for that.

It still wouldn't be bad, though :(

c405cca93541f879dedf.png

If only, we'd die laughing

That's a clown post bro

1367496144-golf-clap.gif

The man speaks the truth.

Jawmuncher

Figured this would be a good place to ask. With Eva 1.11 and 2.22 having aired on toonami.

What's the deal with the evagelion series availability? I would've thought that with the new films someone would pick up the series for distribution again on DVD. I only bring this up because all of my EVA stuff was stolen and I've been looking to replace it all. But the series platinum collection is pretty hefty. Considering I got it for 50 on Walmart.com awhile ago.

This post belongs on the official Adult Swim boards.

This is the worst insult I could think of. Any worse and I probably get banned.

Novid

Banned
There is just too much stuff happening right now: But im smelling something...HUGE. Earth Shattering as it were. No its not a new streaming service - those are dying really quick.

The reason I say this is the question of Naruto's Filler. Mr Demarco doesn't skip filler. He stated so when Naruto came back to the block. The fact that the JarJar and other filler episodes are being ripped away tells me that Disney is redoing episode 1 to 3 (which I stated before) But it may not be in movie form. This is the continuation of Disney's pronouncement of making a Pure version of episodes 4 to 6. It could be that a new TV series - to go along with the Rebels series will be announced soon.

But what the Disney deal does, it opens the door for Motorcity to air on Toonami and maybe - Tron.

But now it showcases the major changes going on in the marketplaces. It is becoming apparent that less and less money will be spent on TV animation in the near future and more will be spent on sport. It also has become apparent that unless CBS gets in the NBA game and contract that outside of March Madness, Turner will focus more on TBS/Adult Swim and have Warners Work more with TNT. This leaves CN out - and now with Warner Brothers pretty much out of the TV animation landscape for many, many years - CN's only reliable partners are Bandai and DTX media (Former Cookie Jar)

It could be if Toonami succeeds, there will be as many as THREE different ratings books for these companies. That means toonami will be able to make deals and get its own money - but that's years down the road.

789shadow

Banned
There is just too much stuff happening right now: But im smelling something...HUGE. Earth Shattering as it were. No its not a new streaming service - those are dying really quick.

The reason I say this is the question of Naruto's Filler. Mr Demarco doesn't skip filler. He stated so when Naruto came back to the block. The fact that the JarJar and other filler episodes are being ripped away tells me that Disney is redoing episode 1 to 3 (which I stated before) But it may not be in movie form. This is the continuation of Disney's pronouncement of making a Pure version of episodes 4 to 6. It could be that a new TV series - to go along with the Rebels series will be announced soon.

But what the Disney deal does, it opens the door for Motorcity to air on Toonami and maybe - Tron.

But now it showcases the major changes going on in the marketplaces. It is becoming apparent that less and less money will be spent on TV animation in the near future and more will be spent on sport. It also has become apparent that unless CBS gets in the NBA game and contract that outside of March Madness, Turner will focus more on TBS/Adult Swim and have Warners Work more with TNT. This leaves CN out - and now with Warner Brothers pretty much out of the TV animation landscape for many, many years - CN's only reliable partners are Bandai and DTX media (Former Cookie Jar)

It could be if Toonami succeeds, there will be as many as THREE different ratings books for these companies. That means toonami will be able to make deals and get its own money - but that's years down the road.
I don't like sand. It's coarse and it gets everywhere.

Dude probably grew up on Star Wars, but seriously he gave the only decent performance. He made those movies watchable, well only the scenes he was in anyway. Everything else was garbage.

I haven't felt you this tense since we fell into that nest of gundarks

Really the best thing about Clone Wars on Toonami is an excuse for me to respond to people with Star Wars quotes, particularly awkward ones from E1-3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom