• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This thread has inspired me to watch YYH again.

The first episode's dub starts out really rough but it gets good right around the time of the wake and doesn't stop being awesome.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

The first episode's dub starts out really rough but it gets good right around the time of the wake and doesn't stop being awesome.

yea, i rewatched it not too long ago, and the beginning of the dub reminds me alot of inyuasha's dub where it started off rough in the beginning and improved over time

so, i watched last week's episode of Big O season 2.

am i supposed to know what the fuck happened, or do the show's themes and symbolism come into clearer focus as it goes on?

foxuzamaki said:
yea, i rewatched it not too long ago, and the beginning of the dub reminds me alot of inyuasha's dub where it started off rough in the beginning and improved over time

where InuYasha's currently at on Toonami still seems pretty rough to me. though it's certainly improved.

YYH is incredible, Schadenfreude needs to hurry up and see it

Also, just started the Greed Island arc of HxH. This is addicting.

Raxus

Didn't realize HxH is from the same guy who made YYH until I looked it up. All the cameos make sense now.

I'd think
when a Kuwabara knock off appears late in the series that would make it a dead give away. Also the hero wears green, go figure

Also, just started the Greed Island arc of HxH. This is addicting.

You won't stop until you catch up with everyone else (myself included).

It just keeps getting better and better. It is crazy.

foxuzamaki

alright guys so after tomorrow i will be on a roadtrip to my family reunion, so i dont think i will be able to join you guys saturday night unfortunately, make sure to fill me in when I get back like tuesday, I might still be around here or there because i have internet on my phone but i wont hardly be on.

foxuzamaki

alright, im watching episode 265 of naruto shippuden and
they really did change haku's design to make him EVEN MORE feminine than he already was, and he was pretty feminine before, now he looks like a straight up woman lol

Tenumi

Banned
I'm sure they don't think they really have a chance at not being on in a year. Their ratings are great.

I think the point they are trying to get across is that they're taking things as they come. They're just too subtle for the tumblr anons, apparently.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Happy Yaoi Day

._____________.

Hm, they are doubting their broadcast in the future? Only time and ratings will tell.

They're just using it as an excuse not to deal with it yet. That said they have no reason to as of yet. With these numbers only a fool would think they'd get canned.

Raxus

I think they're just calling it filler to make it easier to understand. They're just cutting the kiddy episodes and anything with Jar Jar.

The second Jar Jar appears on my screen I am turning my TV off and doing something else for the next 30 minutes.

LycanXIII

Who's to say that Naruto and its filler will be on at the same time slot next year? They could always move it back in the line-up if it hurts the ratings and put a new show there.

Seda

Who's to say that Naruto and its filler will be on at the same time slot next year? They could always move it back in the line-up if it hurts the ratings and put a new show there.

A lot of things can and likely will change before then, that's for sure.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Fairy Tail will take its place. You're all are excited for Fairy Tail right?

...anyone?

Dear lord, that show is literally a walking cliche. I know I've said cliche isn't a bad thing, but it is when Fairy Tail does it because it never goes against it. Every bad cliche in the genre gets used straight up, you could literally play bingo with it.

Regiruler

Looking through the miiverse drawings throughout the thread makes me wish that my nintendo TVii worked properly (because my Tivo goes through my audio box the control functions can't change the channel).

I just stopped watching the show after they got their license.

That's like stopping one piece when they get to the grand line, or stopping yu yu hakusho after Yusuke becomes a spirit detective.

Dear lord, that show is literally a walking cliche. I know I've said cliche isn't a bad thing, but it is when Fairy Tail does it because it never goes against it. Every bad cliche in the genre gets used straight up, you could literally play bingo with it.

Fairy Tail is like frito lays, safe and basic anyone can eat and enjoy it as long as they don't think too much about it.

I've enjoyed Fairy Tail...................when I got to the 3rd arc.............................in Japanese.

It's bloodless and it kinda kills me sometimes. 3rd arc though. Also, the OP of Fairy Tail can exaggerate the action pretty hard.

I still say Mirai Nikki.
Dat weird-ass sex scene.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

Fairy Tail: Friendship is Magic

You know what I mean, the exam is amazing but everything after is on another level.

There needs to be a class that all mangaka need to take before they make a shonen fight series. The class would consist of reading Water 7/Enies Lobby from OP and Chimera Ant from HxH and analyzing why they are so godlike.

I just stopped watching the show after they got their license.

You're missing out, it only gets progressively better from that point on. I've finally reached the Chimera Ant arc.

You know what I mean, the exam is amazing but everything after is on another level.

I thought Greed Island was mediocre. Everything else has been great so far, my favorite arc up to this point would have to be Heavens Arena.

Raxus

You're missing out, it only gets progressively better from that point on. I've finally reached the Chimera Ant arc.

At this point the theme song is like Smile Bomb during Chapter Black. For those new to YYH but not Toonami it is basically Shiny Shiny the series.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I thought Greed Island was mediocre. Everything else has been great so far, my favorite arc up to this point would have to be Heavens Arena.

Greed Island was the SAO/.hack/Tron type show done right.

Raxus

needed more melodrama

If SAO had half the conflict that went on during Greed Island they could have had 2 more seasons and not resorted to
that
. It's ok though I am just glad you are enjoying the series. I have been loving the CA arc and there is so much awesomeness ahead as well.

There needs to be a class that all mangaka need to take before they make a shonen fight series. The class would consist of reading Water 7/Enies Lobby from OP and Chimera Ant from HxH and analyzing why they are so godlike.

As far as Water 7 goes, I'd say
the sea train
is pretty weak. The rest is incredible, though.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
So, yea, Birthday today since it seems to be a new trend around here to announce that sort of thing to the world.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
So, yea, Birthday today since it seems to be a new trend around here to announce that sort of thing to the world.

Happy birthday.
AMzq9lr.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom