• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Be nice to see Witch Hunter Robin again. Haven't watched that since 2002. Jeez, has it really been that long?!

I have this sinking feeling in my stomach that Toonami is going to be gunning for Code Geass...eugh.

JCG

Be nice to see Witch Hunter Robin again. Haven't watched that since 2002. Jeez, has it really been that long?!

Yes, it really has been a long time. I literally remember nothing about Witch Hunter Robin though.

I have this sinking feeling in my stomach that Toonami is going to be gunning for Code Geass...eugh

I honestly doubt it. I enjoyed that show, but it didn't do well on AS at all and Toonami has way more fitting options in the Funimation catalog right now.

Articalys

For what it's worth, regarding Bebop HD on Toonami, from Funimation's panel Q&A:

16:39:20 <bay|Ota|FUNi> Q: Bebop [HD masters] on Toonami?
16:39:24 <bay|Ota|FUNi> A: out of our hands
16:39:27 <bay|Ota|FUNi> we'd love that to happen

So of course they want it too, but it's not their final call to make.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
sCRYed is terrible but could be entertaining as hell with ToonamiGAF, like DMW.
I remember that series just being......meh. It had some decent potential, but I just remember not being as interested in it as I though I should've been.

& would totally watch Space Dandy if that appeared. Saw the PV earlier today & I'm looking forward to it.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Indeed, though how would Fate/Zero not fit in with the Toonami crowd? I have sen the entire series and it is rather action orientated.

That theme is so good. They really did go all out with the Pokémon dub for the first few seasons. It's got some smart dialogue here and there for a kids show (so does the digimon dub now that I'm rewatching it.) and besides a few few cultural inconsistencies here and there its actually quite faithful to the source material which was not how they did things for the most part in the late 90's.

I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was
Teardrop.jpg

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Time to catch up on the One Piece episode I missed last week. Gonna make a pizza and then watch the Attack on Titan simulcast after. Today is a good day.

One Piece 218
Luffy is an idiot falling for so many of Foxy's tricks but I guess his ignorance is part of what makes the character endearing. There was a nice balance between comedy and action this episode even though it feels as if I watched 20 minutes of absolutely nothing. Hopefully Luffy does more than just get his ass kicked tonight, can't wait! Also, new ending?

oh man

Code Geass needs to make its glorious return

That is one anime I've already seen that I wouldn't be mad about Toonami picking up.

I need to see the delicious reactions.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
One Piece 218
Luffy is an idiot falling for so many of Foxy's tricks but I guess his ignorance is part of what makes the character endearing. There was a nice balance between comedy and action this episode even though it feels as if I watched 20 minutes of absolutely nothing. Hopefully Luffy does more than just get his ass kicked tonight, can't wait! Also, new ending?

A new ending is not coming for a LONG time, the current ending is not the right ending.

One Piece 218

that's sort of the feeling i got. this fight really got dragged out.

and basically what Shard said. the new ending doesn't start until 246.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom