• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I know it would never happen but imagine the new berserk movies on toonami. Yea the cg is horrid but it's berserk so it get's a pass.

The issue is probably with advertisers. I don't really pay too much attention to the commercials, but nothing usually jumps out as me as the usual late night TV MA viewing fare. I can't remember seeing any phone sex line stuff or anything like that.

I'd imagine a Bleach or Naruto movie is more likely. Something they can push as being faux "UNCUT!!!!" while still just being TV-14. Or DBZ, I guess.

Berserk will get the animated treatment it deserves. Might be 50 years from now, but it will happen.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
What's up with the quote feature in the mobile version of GAF?

To clarify: a border doesn't appear around the quotes. It's just black (using the dark theme)

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Click refresh once or twice. That will fix it.
No dice. :(

I still get this:

dgpHqhc

Does the pic not embed? Weird...

Here's the link

http://imgur.com/dgpHqhc

Edit: it's fixed Yay!

so i've been called an apathetic sociopath because i did not feel bad for SAO girl's death and because i laughed when Kirito imagined himself being murdered by a boar in the first episode.

hahahahahahahahahahaha.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
so i've been called an apathetic sociopath because i did not feel bad for SAO girl's death and because i laughed when Kirito imagined himself being murdered by a boar in the first episode.

hahahahahahahahahahaha.

Then I guess we're all apathetic sociopaths.

hahahahahahahahahahaha.

Those aren't even close to the funniest moments in the series

hahahahahahahahahahaha.

Then I guess we must all be fucked in the head for laughing at that one dude that got wrecked by those elves.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

hahahahahahahahahahaha.

I guess we're all sociopaths for not falling for the most blatant, and horrible, attempt to force us to care about a character we've ever seen.

"Now that you've ascended to the position of dark lord, will it affect your involvement with Toonami in any way?"

"No, I will still cast my spells upon Toonami."

It might actually be a little less work for him. I asked if this means he was now hands off CN completely, and he said yes.

Since the new job title talks about on-air packaging, you could argue he's finally getting paid for Toonami again.

Novid

Banned
How come you guys did not expect him to get promoted?

He brings back Toonami April First as a one time thing.

Then he gets the impetus to restart the Block under AS.

All in the while he gets the first promotion.

Then toonami grows not to 2 million
Or three
or four
BUT FIVE MILLION.

And yall think Turner wasn't going to Reward him?

Turner makes a lot of fucked up choices (Jeff Zucker...ugh), but promoting people after doing good work isn't one of them.

You didn't know the first rule of the TV business?

What have you done for me lately?

And what makes it more remarkable is that he did it HIS WAY.

So now, he gets a budget.

He handles ALL of AS (while giving up his CN rights)

Which means he can do with the schedule as he pleases.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Or three
or four
BUT FIVE MILLION.

Turner makes a lot of fucked up choices (Jeff Zucker...ugh), but promoting people after doing good work isn't one of them.

I'm so enlightened as to how this business works. Thanks. =D

MikeMyers

DBZ Movies:

Dead Zone: Good
World's Strongest: Crap
Tree of Might: Awful
Lord Slug: Ok
Cooler's Revenge: Good
The Return of Cooler: Ok
Super Android 13: Meh
Broly - The Legendary Super Saiyan - Meh
Bojack Unbound: Good
Broly - Second Coming: Awful
Bio-Broly: Beyond Terrible
Fusion Reborn: Great
Wrath of the Dragon: Good

Bardock – The Father of Goku: Ok
The History of Trunks: Great

I liked 2 & 11.

Movie 8 is actually pretty amazing. It actually tried to be an actual movie by giving it a decent plot, then it turned into a brawlfest and got boring.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I liked 2 & 11.

Movie 8 is actually pretty amazing. It actually tried to be an actual movie by giving it a decent plot, then it turned into a brawlfest and got boring.

You and I normally agree on things but this I can't take. Especially Bio-Broly.

I can see people liking 8, especially the beginning.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

Or three
or four
BUT FIVE MILLION.

And what makes it more remarkable is that he did it HIS WAY.

So now, he gets a budget.

He handles ALL of AS (while giving up his CN rights)

Which means he can do with the schedule as he pleases.

we must prepare our bodies for the toonami takeover

Novid

Banned
we must prepare our bodies for the toonami takeover

easy there man, not everything will be taken over by Toonami - we aint their yet and Family Guy and its ilk still runs the gambit. But I do see however, more of the indy and some mainstream music acts on both AS and Toonami since Demarco is well versed in both the Indy Rock, Metal and Rap genres. This is a good thing and not a bad one.

What I do see however, is that more of the other companies such as Fox and Disney will send more of there action product to Toonami as long as it stays in the late night and doesn't interfere with their daytime work. I do also expect some sort of return of the Jetstream project under the TV Everywhere agis. I don't expect much change for a while but a Friday Lineup might be in the cards if they get more product than they can handle.

I never cared much for the Broly films, not because the fights are bad but because the plots are just so boring. Here comes the ULTIMATE SUPER SAYIAN with a dumb reason for why he acts the way he does. All the other films the villains all have much more interesting motivations and/or characters. They're not that great mind you but I enjoy them more then the Broly films

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I never cared much for the Broly films, not because the fights are bad but because the plots are just so boring. Here comes the ULTIMATE SUPER SAYIAN with a dumb reason for why he acts the way he does. All the other films the villains all have much more interesting motivations and/or characters. They're not that great mind you but I enjoy them more then the Broly films

He is actually refreshing in DBZ because he is for better or worse the only hulk smash villain in the entire series.

KA-KA...KAKAROT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom