• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

Ugh, last week was so busy, I didn't have time to watch Toonami at all. Feels bad, man.

Well isn't that interesting. Wonder what it could possibly be.

LET THE SPECULATION BEGIN!

I'd like to see Steins Gate.

Steins;Gate or Madoka would be great shows to add. Both are relatively short, Madoka being really short compared to most Toonami stuff, and cheap to license. I really don't want to see anything over 25 episodes added yet. Madoka would be a really brave move. Art style would be off putting to a lot of viewers, but the content would fit perfectly. Fate/Zero would be the obvious choice and not at all be something I'd consider "adventurous".

Still want Tiger & Bunny, but that seems more and more out of reach. Even though the dub is awful, Revolutionary Girl Utena would be hilarious to see on the block too. Love to see thread reactions to that.

If they really wanted to be adventurous, they could add Blood-C and expose everyone to the glory of that monster.

Steins;Gate or Madoka would be great shows to add. Both are relatively short, Madoka being really short compared to most Toonami stuff, and cheap to license. I really don't want to see anything over 25 episodes added yet. Madoka would be a really brave move. Art style would be off putting to a lot of viewers, but the content would fit perfectly. Fate/Zero would be the obvious choice and not at all be something I'd consider "adventurous".

Still want Tiger & Bunny, but that seems more and more out of reach. Even though the dub is awful, Revolutionary Girl Utena would be hilarious to see on the block too. Love to see thread reactions to that.

If they really wanted to be adventurous, they could add Blood-C and expose everyone to the glory of that monster.

Ooh yes, I'd have to agree on Madoka. That would be an extremely inspired choice, especially since it takes a few episodes to really get into. The further along it gets however, the more impressive the story and characters become. I'd love it. Steins seems a little bit safer, but has its own complications (the time travel alone would turn off some fans).

Either one though would make me very, very happy!

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
easy there man, not everything will be taken over by Toonami - we aint their yet and Family Guy and its ilk still runs the gambit. But I do see however, more of the indy and some mainstream music acts on both AS and Toonami since Demarco is well versed in both the Indy Rock, Metal and Rap genres. This is a good thing and not a bad one.

What I do see however, is that more of the other companies such as Fox and Disney will send more of there action product to Toonami as long as it stays in the late night and doesn't interfere with their daytime work. I do also expect some sort of return of the Jetstream project under the TV Everywhere agis. I don't expect much change for a while but a Friday Lineup might be in the cards if they get more product than they can handle.

yeah i wasent being serious when i said that, what i do expect to see is we may get more anime in general out of it, back in the day i use to watch AS be a mostly anime block with their own original shows on sundays, to splitting them up half and half, to anime only being on on saturdays which preserved itself, to watching inyuasha at 4 o clock in the morning cause that was the only anime on through a normla week of AS

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Does he mean that night, or as in another movie night?

They mean that night. They mentioned it a few weeks ago. Since EVA 2.22 is 10 minutes longer than 1.11, its probably a short thing to help extend the movie premiere out to 3 hours. That way it won't be spoiled via tv guide or anything (I assume that's what they'll do at least).

If I had to make a guess, I'd say it'll be something like Panty & Stocking. Its short (12 mins), counts as "adventurous" and is tangentially related to EVA (Gainax + Funimation). But I wouldn't be shocked if it was just a random 80s anime either.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I was browsing Netflix and found that Fairy Tail was on the list of anime. Decided to check out the first episode and it was terrible. The concept, the characters and the art style were so awful to me. Never again.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I was browsing Netflix and found that Fairy Tail was on the list of anime. Decided to check out the first episode and it was terrible. The concept, the characters and the art style were so awful to me. Never again.

Now, now. The 1st Fairy Tail episode is awful and completely destroys both the art style and use of magic in the original manga. Apparently the anime got better about that later on. That said, Fairy Tail is still a garbage collection of idiotic plotlines, shonen cliches and T&A so you still shouldn't watch it. It makes Bleach look insightful.

Jintor

I hope to god it's Madoka

well I REALLY hope it's Gurren Lagann but that doesn't fit with the tweet really since TTGL is PERFECT FOR TOONAMI. I'm going to say this until the rights mysteriously drop from the sky into their laps.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Now, now. The 1st Fairy Tail episode is awful and completely destroys both the art style and use of magic in the original manga. Apparently the anime got better about that later on. That said, Fairy Tail is still a garbage collection of idiotic plotlines, shonen cliches and T&A so you still shouldn't watch it. It makes Bleach look insightful.

Way better art though. I would watch a block of Rave Master and Fairy Tail no problem.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I once again hope it is Fate/Zero or maybe Darker Than Black, I suppose if I must guess on the "adventurous" route, then Bodacious Space Pirates.

Good god, that night is gonna be interesting.

Also, that night is pretty close to:

iez7jto6RKHBd.gif

( That's AMV footage but it represents the Opening :D )

They'll be airing The Room. Full circle, baby.

Please......... :'(

ibdYCfHq2FTOBn.gif

Jesus, i'm just making GIFs today.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Evangelion Night Schedule:

12:00 - Evangelion: 2.22 You Can (Not) Advance
3:45 - ????????????? - ?? - ?????????????
4:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 42 - Signs of a Counteroffensive
4:30 - Cowboy Bebop - 19 - Wild Horses
5:00 - Inuyasha - 85 - The Evil Within Demon's Head Castle
5:30 - Inuyasha - 86 - Secret of the Possessed Princess

Oh dear.

I gotta say, that seems like a very long slot for Eva 2.22. Will there be that many commercials to add almost 90 minutes to the run time?

Raxus

LOL they are totally going to air Adventure Time.

what in the world

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I don't recall it being that bad? Was the dub not very good I only saw the sub

I don't think there ever was a dubbed version. All we got was the subbed version as a part of ... DBZ Kinect. Ow, I just remembered that game exists.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I gotta say, that seems like a very long slot for Eva 2.22. Will there be that many commercials to add almost 90 minutes to the run time?

It does seem very long. I wonder if the schedule is wrong. By my count, with commercials Evangelion should be ending at 2:40, not 3:40.

Eva 2.22 is 112 minutes in length. With 21 minutes per 30 minute timeslot, that's 5.333... half hour timeslots. 12, 12:30, 1, 1:30, 2, plus a little of 2:30.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, seems a bit strange that Eva 2.22 would run until 3:45, almost 4 hours of air time for a movie that's just under 2 hours. Well, we've still got 2 weeks left. I'm sure next week, we'll get the exact schedule.

I can't see how the movie could take that long, even with extraordinarily long commercial breaks. It's probably just a snafu or something. I mean, it's not like they'd try to sandwich stuff in-between segments of the movie or anything, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom