• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
It's just been a year and a half long commercial break. Next week is the last week of Toonami.

KuGsj.gif

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
somebody should ask them to bring gungrave to toonami
gungrave is seriously probably my number 1 anime of all time

yami4ct

I guess I can be Toonami-GAF's official reddit ambassador. Start thinking of some questions you want me to ask him.

I guess I'll submit mine now in a more formal form. Is it possible to see some movie night stuff not attached to a full series? If so, would you guys be willing to air Summer Wars?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Question:

Any chance of airing short series like Gokusen? It's pretty short (13 episodes), has a great dub, and is highly entertaining.

Also, any chance Soul Eater keeps its full 2nd opening? It's too good to be cut up. :(

mhs004

Question:

Any chance of airing short series like Gokusen? It's pretty short (13 episodes), has a great dub, and is highly entertaining.

Also, any chance Soul Eater keeps its full 2nd opening? It's too good to be cut up. :(
I seriously doubt either will happen.

yami4ct

Question:

I can answer that one. Standard answer. They air the openings as they are provided to them. Ask Funimation.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I liked the first episodes of Ouran High School Host Club, but then I saw the dub and it was the worst. It wasn't the same.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I liked the first episodes of Ouran High School Host Club, but then I saw the dub and it was the worst. It wasn't the same.

It really wasn't.

Although I don't think it's bad. It's just a bit off in places, the twins' voices especially I remember not digging...

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Yeah, the dub was so lazy in the Benizakura movie. It was so painful.

It deserves a good dub with effort. It would be amazing. It should be treated like Shin Chan imo and get tweaked to fit its audience.

foxuzamaki

It really wasn't.

Although I don't think it's bad. It's just a bit off in places, the twins' voices especially I remember not digging...

I know that chris sabat voices someone in the dub, idk who it is but it goes against everything else he voiced, which was armstrong, kuwabawa, vegeta, and piccolo

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I know that chris sabat voices someone in the dub, idk who it is but it goes against everything else he voiced, which was armstrong, kuwabawa, vegeta, and piccolo

Bosaanova-kun! Honestly, probably the most Sabat-like of the characters, lol.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Question:

I can answer both of these: No.

The ruiner of all surprises, TV Guide, has To Be Announced starting at midnight on the 31st. Running time? 150 minutes.

So that's 2 and a half hours. The backdoor schedule has MOVIE taking up 3 hours and 45 minutes. So that's...what, an hour and 15 minutes unaccounted for, and that's if you don't assume that 15 minute Special won't be part of whatever follows Eva.

It looks like this "goodie" won't just be some music videos this time.

foxuzamaki

I guess I can be Toonami-GAF's official reddit ambassador. Start thinking of some questions you want me to ask him.

oh schaden, well my main question(dont know if this is sitll going) but are they going ot change naruto's opening, cause naruto has really good openings and they kept the shitty american one

Raxus

oh schaden, well my main question(dont know if this is sitll going) but are they going ot change naruto's opening, cause naruto has really good openings and they kept the shitty american one

The 'american' opening is being changed in a dozen or so episodes. We will be on the japanese openings by then.

Seda

Soon enough we'll be on Japanese openings (although not the 'right' one for a while).

The ruiner of all surprises, TV Guide, has To Be Announced starting at midnight on the 31st. Running time? 150 minutes.

So that's 2 and a half hours. The backdoor schedule has MOVIE taking up 3 hours and 45 minutes. So that's...what, an hour and 15 minutes unaccounted for, and that's if you don't assume that 15 minute Special won't be part of whatever follows Eva.

It looks like this "goodie" won't just be some music videos this time.

Perfect amount of time for a dbz movie with commercials

Tamanon

Banned
Not sure if they can air a Gundam show until someone in the US rescues the license from the burning pile of rubble that is Bandai Entertainment.

I thought some of those licenses were finally doled out a week or two ago. I could've swore I at least saw Code Geass had gotten picked up again.

Tamanon

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if someone has picked it up and is just waiting to announce. Or if whoever has it wants more than companies can afford right now.

Seems like a no-brainer to license though.

yami4ct

I thought some of those licenses were finally doled out a week or two ago. I could've swore I at least saw Code Geass had gotten picked up again.

Geass, Bebop and some other licenses were rescued, but no Gundam was among them.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone has picked it up and is just waiting to announce. Or if whoever has it wants more than companies can afford right now.

Seems like a no-brainer to license though.

Gundam is in a tricky spot. It's known enough to be expensive, but has a poor track record post Wing in the west. G did alright, but CN's treatment of SEED effectively killed the franchise. It's a hard sell. If handled right, it could pay off, but it's still a big risk.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Enough time has past and worse gundam has been released since then that SEED and its sequel would probably do quite well on this particular block.

It's a well done show with some issues and the dub is quite nice.

yami4ct

Enough time has past and worse gundam has been released since then that SEED and its sequel would probably do quite well on this particular block.

It's a well done show with some issues and the dub is quite nice.

I don't know. AGE is bad, but Destiny is just so god awful. Keep SEED away from the block at all costs. I've had enough Jesus Yamato for a life time.

Someone should just grab and dub Turn A.

Alright, here's what I got so far:

Toonami GAF's questions said:
Are there any plans for more movie nights after Eva airs? Also, how would you feel about a movie night not attached to a full series? Something like Summer Wars, for example.

Any thoughts about bringing Hunter X Hunter in any form to Toonami?

Can you bring Gungrave to Toonami?

Any chance of airing short series like Gokusen? It's pretty short (13 episodes), has a great dub, and is highly entertaining. Also, any chance Soul Eater keeps its full 2nd opening? It's too good to be cut up.

Any chance of bringing back Durarara?

Given any thoughts to bringing Ouran High School Host Club to the block?

Any chance of snagging Gurren Lagann?

Will you be holding a panel at Youmacon?

Will there ever be a Gundam series on the block?

Anyone got any more?

yami4ct

I know getting all of G Gundam is hard and that the transfer isn't great but it's not illegal or anything.

G is fantastic and I deeply enjoy it, but Turn A is transcendent. I guess part of that is the way it integrates UC stuff that wouldn't play well here where most are not exposed to it. Even without that, it's just a fantastic mecha series.

Really, I like SEED and love most Gundam that's not Destiny, Wing, 00 Season 2+Movie, AGE or ZZ.

[–]Sketch1984 [score hidden] 12 minutes ago
Are you guys going to lose FMA Brotherhood in 2014? On a similar note I've been wondering how much longer you'll have the rights to Cowboy Bebop, FLCL and InuYasha without renewing them again.
[–]LICHKINGDEMARCO [score hidden] 1 minute ago
I can't tell you that info on here, sorry. We want to keep FLCL and Bebop FOREVER, I will say that.

Hmm, wonder if they don't own those two outright after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom