• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT5| If we die in this thread, we die in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
http://video.adultswim.com/schedule/onair.html

ivd7xib1mcBPv.png

Fucking. Yes. I'm so excited. LETS GET THE TRAIN ROLLING@!!!!!

I bet he was dying to show off that cosplay.

Okay. It took me about 3 gifs and 5 posts to actually understand the post. Wow. I'm so bad.....

Tenumi

Banned
I feel terrible for the Toonami folks. At this point, haven't more of their announcements than not been leaked early through backdoor schedules/etc.?

I completely agree. Seems like most, though not all, of the annoucements haven't happened the way they intended.

While I can't say that I'm looking forward to SAO, I'm at least happy it has an official start date/time now.

Glad they're retaining the Titan rights, though - even if it's the tail-end I hope it drifts in and out of the lineup.

Likely far easier to keep Titan, considering it's a Cartoon Network Studios production.

Is Turner a subsidiary of Warner or am I just getting confused?

Yes, Turner is part of Time Warner, but that doesn't mean they'll get a break. Hell, a lot of the old WB/Toonami shows are running on The Hub. It's possible Warner wants to move T-Cats over there.

funner fact: Thundercats was supposed to be 52 episodes before it was cancelled. with a break of three months between each batch of 13 episodes (standard season length in Japan, i believe) like there was while it was premiering, the show would finish airing all of its episodes right around this time, with a few weeks to spare before its two year anniversary.

seems to me like CN signed a contract for two years with the intent of airing the full series and shut it down after 26, but still retained the rights until the time when the show would have ended.

Guess I'll have to break out that Big O S1 DVD.

Dunno if I'll bother with SAO, though. A friend tried to get me into it, and I bailed out because it started getting way too creepy for me.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

Dunno if I'll bother with SAO, though. A friend tried to get me into it, and I bailed out because it started getting way too creepy for me.

This was the right call to make. So, unclean, the SAO filth never washes off even with water.

The Final Stage
from the last episode. You know, when Roger
completely decimates half the city with one blow from the biggest gun ever
. The music during that scene was just so goddamn epic.

Too bad
his shot only hits part of Big Fau.

Tenumi

Banned

I'm only bothering on SAO if I can muster up the strength to either stay up to watch it or record it. I watched the first two episodes back when it aired before dropping it, so I at least have a small idea of what I'm getting into.

Glad to see The Big O returning to the block. It's a fantastic show, and I'm glad some people will get to see it for the first time.

Hopefully Sword Art Online crashes and burns.

Not pleased about Eureka Seven being pushed back while IGPX remains ahead of it. They should keep it at 2:30 and push IGPX back instead.

Glad to see The Big O returning to the block. It's a fantastic show, and I'm glad some people will get to see it for the first time.

Not pleased about Eureka Seven being pushed back while IGPX remains ahead of it. They should keep it at 2:30 and push IGPX back instead.

E7 has three episodes left at that point. I can see why they just moved stuff down a half hour.

Why no love for SOA? I know absolutely nothing about it.

Seda

So will something replace E7 once it's finished in August you think or will they just repeat it again?

Eureka Seven Astral Ocean will be available on Disc on August 13. Eureka 7's current run on Toonami will be over by Aug 24th.

Just saying.

Raxus

I know a little about why SAO guys of the rails but it is going to be interesting just what else happens to make matters worse.

Raxus

I dunno, I wasn't being totally serious.
I would assume they would air AO or at last Inuyasha the final season because they have an installed base.

I would die if they got JoJo or Hunter X Hunter dubbed for Toonami since most of the action oriented anime over the past few years has been awful.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I would assume they would air AO or at last Inuyasha the final season because they have an installed base.

I would die if they got JoJo or Hunter X Hunter dubbed for Toonami since most of the action oriented anime has been awful.

I have no doubt that the bolded is coming. As for HxH it may get a bit too bloody later on for them to air it, but it would be the greatest.

Do we know who bought the rights for Thundercats? Was it The Hub, maybe?

It could be as simple as rights were expiring, and CN/AS were not interested in spending money on a new deal, since there's no season 2 planned. Probably felt they got their money's worth by getting a few million more viewers out of the show on Toonami.

Where else could the show go? The Hub? CW Vortexx? There's not a lot of options.

EDIT: Looks like I was right. DeMarco just tweeted:

Nope, show was a co-production and CN has lost the rights (or chosen not to renew). Thus we have to pull it. We did what we could.

No, it was pulled because the rights expired and it was a co-production. Happens all the time.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
First few episodes of Season 2 of the great Big O are really quite amazing. Then it meanders for a bit until the what the fuck, we desperately want a third season ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom