• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

hummingbird.me

Basically like MAL but IMO easier to use and more visually attractive. It also doesn't get bogged down in all the pointless information MAL has, it's 5 list which are categorized as

Series I'm watching, series I've played on hold, series I plan to watch, series I've completed, and series I've dropped

You can simply click an arrow to increase the episode count from your main list, it also automatically moves shows from plan to watch/on hold to currently watching when you click the arrow to increase the episode counter.

As someone who doesn't really watch anime outside of Toonami or rare friend recommendations, this seems kind of weird to me that people keep track of these things so formally with applications and stuff.

Although I keep track of every game I've played in a similar fashion so I'm not one to speak.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
As someone who doesn't really watch anime outside of Toonami or rare friend recommendations, this seems kind of weird to me that people keep track of these things so formally with applications and stuff.

Although I keep track of every game I've played in a similar fashion so I'm not one to speak.

It is a very necessary thing when you watch more than three anime a week

LOLDSFAN

Yeah my two main hobbies are videogames and anime so it's nice to be able to keep track of them all. With anime it can be hard to know which episode you are on so using MAl/Hummingbird if good for that. It also acts as the equivalent of "pre-order" with videogames in that you won't forgot what anime you want to watch in the future.

*Edit*

dude's a fucking beater

Ack! I've been found out!

YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME ALIVE! *jumps off bridge*

7350.gif

Seda

It is a very necessary thing when you watch more than three anime a week

Right, I just am more casually an anime fan and really don't watch much at all. If I ever do make time to watch a series on my own, I'll blitz through a show in a weekend or something.

Monthly would be cool. Then we wouldn't run through them as fast.

Er, usually threads take more than a month to go through. OT7 was the shortest one yet, taking a month. Although maybe that might become the norm. Going monthly would make the threads more organized. The numbers are sort of meaningless now. A thread title "Toonami <month><year> |OT| <subtitle>" would be easier to go back through if you were looking for something (either revisiting reactions or statements or info, whatever).

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Right, I just am more casually an anime fan and really don't watch much at all. If I ever do make time to watch a series on my own, I'll blitz through a show in a weekend or something.

Er, usually threads take more than a month to go through. OT7 was the shortest one yet, taking a month. Although maybe that might become the norm. Going monthly would make the threads more organized. The numbers are sort of meaningless now. A thread title "Toonami <month><year> |OT| <subtitle>" would be easier to go back through if you were looking for something (either revisiting reactions or statements or info, whatever).

Or the title could be changed to a month/year when the thread is closed.

Also for you former MAL users you can import your MAL directly into Hummingbird, you can also synch with your Neon Alley account to auto add shows as you watch them

Branduil

I've watched 29 days, 8 hours and 13 minutes of anime.

Over 700 hours....okay

I'm probably not even one of the higher-ranking people in AnimeGAF, in that regard. You should see Hitokage's list.

Also for you former MAL users you can import your MAL directly into Hummingbird, you can also synch with your Neon Alley account to auto add shows as you watch them

I heard the MAL importer broke recently because of something MAL changed on their site. I don't know if they fixed it yet.

All those long-running shounen really add up, LOL.

Especially when you rewatch it with someone else, between watching the entire series subbed, watching good chunks of it dubbed, and then watching various episodes with friends and my brother as they first experience it I've at least watched over 1000 episodes worth of OP lol

hummingbird seems to be having a problem simply importing my MAL crap >.>

Didn't have any problems when I did it, though I had very little in my MAL lol

I can't see the categorization either. seems like like a chore. whatever works for people

It's not the perfect one stop shop for anime, manga, and games but it does a really awesome job with anime so far. It's really simple to use and I pretty much always have it in a background tab during Toonami or when I marathon shows.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've seen the sub of one piece through to 320 twice, working on a third. I've seen every episode past that at least once, most of it twice. I've seen every dub episode at least twice now current with the TV, some of them as many as four times if you include the 4 kids dub.

I've seen every episode of the 12 seasons of pokemon at least three times now. Watched them on my own for nostalgia purposes and watched them through with a friend while playing various co-op games on the tv. The amount of dubbed anime I've watched while playing a videogame on a handheld or tv is staggering, especially if it was offered for free on a streaming service or that I could borrow from a library. Dubbed anime that I've seen before is especially good background watching material for playing video games. If it gets interesting just pause the game or give up the round if you're online.

Working my way through all of case closed next. Going to watch as much of the dub as I can find and then switch over. Nearly finished Legend of Galatic Heroes.

I can't stand most anime after about 2007 or so, they went too far down the moe pantsu nonsense but classic stuff, especially if it's at least partially dubbed is great.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
MAL just implemented captcha and it screwed up the import feature, they're working on getting it fixed apparently.

Is it that they say they have your stuff ready and when you go to review it nothing really shows up? also it says you just watched anime and nothing else?

Crocodile

Trying to remember every full series/movie I've ever watched is going to take a while :p

Interestingly enough, they consider Avatar: The Last Airbender, Teen Titans and Samurai Jack anime. Huh.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So... it's like a Leaderboard for Anime? XD Not something I've ever considered needing... people like to share EVERYTHING now-a-days, eh?

Guess it sounds like a nice way to keep history of all you've seen, though.

Stuff like this always makes me nostalgic for old series, realize how much of the new stuff I haven't seen, and then makes me realize how much of the new stuff I have no interest in seeing...

And I still can't see SAO as a male power fantasy, lol. More like... a consolation, prize "You're not all that masculine really! You're kind of an under-developed man-child, and you've got a lot of growing up until we even take you seriously. But at least take SOME solace in knowing that, if you were in an anime, most girls would find some reason to fall for you! Sucks that you're 3D! HAHA!~" ~2D Superior!~ForeverAlone~15yrOldsAin'tBuiltLikeThatIRL~

So... it's like a Leaderboard for Anime? XD Not something I've ever considered needing... people like to share EVERYTHING now-a-days, eh?

Guess it sounds like a nice way to keep history of all you've seen, though.

Stuff like this always makes me nostalgic for old series, realize how much of the new stuff I haven't seen, and then makes me realize how much of the new stuff I have no interest in seeing...

And I still can't see SAO as a male power fantasy, lol. More like... a consolation, prize "You're not all that masculine really! You're kind of an under-developed man-child, and you've got a lot of growing up until we even take you seriously. But at least take SOME solace in knowing that, if you were in an anime, most girls would find some reason to fall for you! Sucks that you're 3D! HAHA!~" ~2D Superior!~ForeverAlone~15yrOldsAin'tBuiltLikeThatIRL~

For me it was just nice to keep track of everything I watched, I never used it for power level waving until today lol

Made keeping track of where I was marathoning inuyasha a lot easier.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
For me it was just nice to keep track of everything I watched, I never used it for power level waving until today lol

Made keeping track of where I was marathoning inuyasha a lot easier.

Yeah, I could see it helping for those HUGE marathons. I guess I sort of cheat by only watching "legit" sources (well, and the occasional youtube), which all do a pretty nice job of keeping track on their own.

Been a long while since I've watched all of an embarrassingly long series, lol. Mass Catchup on One Piece from beginning of Time Skip + ALL of older Fist of the North Star (Including part 2 and the live action movie!) were probably the last HUGE marathons...

Jintor

You do realize not all b-movies are self aware parodies right? LOL

If SAO had set out from the start to be a parody of male power fantasy harem anime it'd be a lot better received.

The best b-movies are all self-aware parodies, even if they're not blatantly self-aware parodies

Every single medium has this.

I can't stand most anime after about 2007 or so, they went too far down the moe pantsu nonsense but classic stuff, especially if it's at least partially dubbed is great.

Weird to see someone in an anime thread say this since it hasn't been true for a while (or at least that stuff hasn't been the majority).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom