• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |OT8| Our Summer War Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moaradin

Speaking of One Piece, I finished up all my DVDs. Enies Lobby is amazing. Can't wait for Toonami to get there in a year. The English dub was great as well.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Likely:
  • All 4 Bleach movies
  • Naruto movie 1-3
  • Naruto Shippuden movie 1-4
  • One Piece movie 8
  • One Piece Strong World
  • Summer Wars
  • Wolf Children
  • Ghost in the Shell 2.0
  • Any Warner Bros. Superhero movie
  • The Iron Giant

Unlikely:
  • Eva 3.33
  • Any "classic" film

Impossible:
  • Dragonball Z: Battle of the Gods
  • Naruto Shippuden movie 5-7
  • One Piece movies 1-7, 9, Z
  • Any Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli film

Unknown:
  • Every other Dragonball Z film (Unknown how Fox and Nicktoon's rights affect them)

I've never seen the Naruto films, are they worth a watch?

If you're a Naruto fan. Even then some of them are stinkers. I personally like "Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow". Good movie. "Legend of the Stone of Gelel" and "Guardians of the Crescent Moon Kingdom" are kind of a bummer. I've only seen two of the Shippuden movies. The first Shipuuden movie is okay and "Road to Ninja" is a lot of fun if only for the characters.

Amikami

Banned
I've never seen the Naruto films, are they worth a watch?

They're okay. Nothing special. The first movie, Naruto: Ninja Clash in the land of Snow was pretty good, I think. It was solid. Movie 2, Stone of Gelel, was alright. Cresent animals shit Island was atrocious if you ask me. Shipuuden movie 1 and 2 were "eh". Those are the only ones I've watched.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
While it should not be a surprise to all the Inuyasha fans those four movies are some of the best out of the super likely. Way better than any Naruto or Bleach movie. Hell they are surprisingly better than GitS 2.0.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There is actually one Miyazaki movie they could probably get for cheap: Castle of Caliostro.

I honestly don't think Strong World is that likely, didn't it come out...today? Next year for sure.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
There is actually one Miyazaki movie they could probably get for cheap: Castle of Caliostro.

I honestly don't think Strong World is that likely, didn't it come out...today? Next year for sure.

Technically it doesn't come out until November 19th. I got it early because Rightstuf likes to ship stuff early.

LOLDSFAN

Ha I'm on the opposite spectrum. I've seen all of the Bleach movies except Hell Verse.

Seen all the Naruto/GitS movies. So all that's left is OP. I'm still not caught up on the episodes though so.
wtzgU.gif

That would be nice if it was something out of blue, but I don't see them wasting money on movies that will show only once.

Crocodile

Word on the interwebs is that Soul Eater Not! is getting an anime. I feel like the topic has been brought up in this thread before. What exactly is Soul Eater Not!? I mean I know it's a spinoff but what/who exactly is it about? How does it relate to the main story? Is it just a comedy or does it also have action/adventure too? Will it even remotely satisfy ones desire for more Soul Eater?

Word on the interwebs is that Soul Eater Not! is getting an anime. I feel like the topic has been brought up in this thread before. What exactly is Soul Eater Not!? I mean I know it's a spinoff but what/who exactly is it about? How does it relate to the main story? Is it just a comedy or does it also have action/adventure too? Will it even remotely satisfy ones desire for more Soul Eater?

Apparently it's a prequel to Soul Eater that's super moe

So I have an interview at the local wednesday about 10 minutes away, and one at a wal-mart 20 minutes away. Hopefully one of them hires me so I can put in my two weeks notice at McDonalds. At worse I'll just miss the first 2 hours of this Saturday and maybe next Saturday.

i am taking this as a sign that there is interest in reviving Actual Soul Eater in a Brotherhood-type format and nobody can tell me otherwise

Raxus

I wouldn't be shocked it they showed One Piece Strong World or movie 4 (which is shit but it catches newbies up on the Baroque Works arc)

I hope we watch movie 6 together on the preshow block.

BatDan

I wouldn't be shocked it they showed One Piece Strong World or movie 4 (which is shit but it catches newbies up on the Baroque Works arc)

I hope we watch movie 6 together on the preshow block.

You mean Movie 8, that's the one that abridges Alabasta (and not in good way).
Movie 4 is the boat race with the Candy Logia.

You mean Movie 8, that's the one that abridges Alabasta (and not in good way).
Movie 4 is the boat race with the Candy Logia.

Wut?

I've only seen Strong World and Film Z, one day I'll sit down and watch the other OP films.

Never seen any Naruto films so I'd be fine with any of those

BatDan

Wut?

I've only seen Strong World and Film Z, one day I'll sit down and watch the other OP films.

Never seen any Naruto films so I'd be fine with any of those

Not kidding, the villain of the fourth movie is a Candy Logia. Though Dead End Adventure is actually one of the better One Piece movies.
Watch the second (Clockwork Island Adventure), the fourth, the sixth (Baron Omatsuri and the Secret Island) and the ninth (Episode of Chopper Plus: Bloom in Winter, Miracle Cherry Blossoms).

You can skip the rest, though the seventh is drowning in "plot" and the third is "so non canon it hurts".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom