• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Sep14| This is our Final Dandy, baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
the thing about SAO's art is that i never felt like it had a real sense of place. i never got a picture of where i was supposed to be or what kind of world it was, it just felt like some environments strung together

The second MMO had more cohesion, I feel.

Sugu too. The show is ten times more entertaining with Sugu around.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I feel that would fall into the "likes it ironically" blanket, especially when the series doesn't really start off as lewd

kdEgFYx.jpg

todd360

So what actually happened at the end of space dandy? I couldn't find anyone discussing the episode on reddit or the anime discussion thread thing. Something about Pyonium. Whats that? I don't want to watch it lol. I didn't really like the show all that much.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ino has a shining moment in this thread's unanimous favorite Shippuden arc, which should be starting in...June at this rate.

She's also generally pretty good in all Non-Canon™ material she shows up in. Sakura has a spottier reputation, but Ino+Sakura usually leads to a laugh or two.

So what actually happened at the end of space dandy? I couldn't find anyone discussing the episode on reddit or the anime discussion thread thing. Something about Pyonium. Whats that? I don't want to watch it lol. I didn't really like the show all that much.

Dandy rejected god-hood, leading to the multiverses to collapse which started a new Big Bang. 14 billion years later, everything is back to normal with only minor changes.

Regiruler

The thing I hated most about SAO was how jumpy it was with it's timeline, and willingness to completely forget characters/kill them off without any time with them. I dropped at about episode 6 on toonami because it was unwatchable.

Gorillaz

The thing I hated most about SAO was how jumpy it was with it's timeline, and willingness to completely forget characters/kill them off without any time with them. I dropped at about episode 6 on toonami because it was unwatchable.

Dont think I made it passed episode 6 or 8

something about him getting a new type of sword or something

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I actually found nothing wrong with SAO's time skips. They're trapped and make slow progress that takes months because they don't want to die.

Raxus

You missed when it started to get good and by that I mean OH MY GOD THIS IS SO BAD good.

Akame ga Kill! is pretty amazing. We're getting 26 episodes correct?

daveo42

Banned
Hit on your cousin to find out

(dont)

So do you know this from a first hand experience?

For me, I'm not blood related to about 95% of my cousins due to my father's mother getting remarried. I'm not facebook friends with any of them. The rest...no. Ewww...

I feel that would fall into the "likes it ironically" blanket, especially when the series doesn't really start off as lewd

So like an undercover romance?

i maintain that the second story arc is so disconnected from the rest that it actually feels like anime-only filler

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Season 1 is largely boring besides his brief experience with that first guild and the very final bit of the final episode. Season 2 is glorious and revels in its horribleness.

Soulflarz

Banned
*Doesnt have $20 to spend this season due to games...sigh*
Also WHAT im 10th? Cmon, I thought I was higher!!

Still, thats not that bad, considering I dont watch the vast majority of toonami.

daveo42

Banned
*Doesnt have $20 to spend this season due to games...sigh*
Also WHAT im 10th? Cmon, I thought I was higher!!

Still, thats not that bad, considering I dont watch the vast majority of toonami.

I've made a comeback after missing an entire weekend. I'm usually farther up the list, but nothing can touch the monster trio with their amount of posts in a month.

Also, I learned about the top posters thing recently, so nothing to really be ashamed about.

Soulflarz

Banned
I've made a comeback after missing an entire weekend. I'm usually farther up the list, but nothing can touch the monster trio with their amount of posts in a month.

Also, I learned about the top posters thing recently, so nothing to really be ashamed about.
Hey, I *would* be higher, if i watched the majority of toonami...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't look at it because its my favorite thing to find out when Seda posts the new thread. That and checking if he updated the banners.

Jarate

Banned
I dont think ill crack top 20

My posts are more quality then quantity. Who could forget my scathing criticism of Epiduo, criticism that was enough for epiduo to stop airing the commercials

daveo42

Banned

My posts are more quality then quantity. Who could forget my scathing criticism of Epiduo, criticism that was enough for epiduo to stop airing the commercials

Those Epiduo ads were really bad. Reminds me that I'm happy I stream Toonami instead of watch it live, with commercials.

I wouldn't qualify myself as a "quality" poster, but there are times I do make them.

LOLDSFAN

TIL this was a thing. I mean I always knew it was on GAF, but God i feel stupid for never finding it.

A couple months ago I found out clicking the little GAF image next to the thread brought you to the newest post. I felt pretty dumb because I'd always click the thread then click View First Unread.

Hey can you get rid of the tobacco ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom