• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Dyno

Never been, but I've heard the Five Guys on Yonge/Dundas is stingy as fuck with their fries. And dumping in tons of fries is supposed to be Five Guys' signature!

That hasn't been my experience and I go the 5G downtown every week or two. You can see them scooping the fries. They fill your cup and then they have an extra metal container that they fill up and then dump on top of your already full order.

I get small fries and never finish them. You guys must be younger and capable of mowing a feed bag worth of fried potatos.

Five Guys bacon cheeseburgers make me happy.

Merguson

Banned
So I've noticed some people talking about ILC and going back to school. I want to go back to school since it hasn't been a very good experience in finding jobs with the current career (college applied degree). I would like to get into some programs but I basically lack the math requirements. I took Data Management in Grade 12 but not Advanced Functions/Calculus&Vectors. Looked at some universities.. Ryerson has this ABCs program, I guess, for academic upgrading to be considered for application at Ryerson University. I couldn't really find anything for the other universities with regards to taking the math courses.

I haven't heard of ILC before, and from the website, it sounds like I can basically add the courses to my high school transcript. I wouldn't have any problem with universities considering these kind of courses for admission? Because, paying 40 bucks to complete courses online for my high school transcript and using them to apply to various universities sounds a lot better than being limited to one university's academic upgrading program, paying 750 bucks and travelling to class.

So I've noticed some people talking about ILC and going back to school. I want to go back to school since it hasn't been a very good experience in finding jobs with the current career (college applied degree). I would like to get into some programs but I basically lack the math requirements. I took Data Management in Grade 12 but not Advanced Functions/Calculus&Vectors. Looked at some universities.. Ryerson has this ABCs program, I guess, for academic upgrading to be considered for application at Ryerson University. I couldn't really find anything for the other universities with regards to taking the math courses.

I haven't heard of ILC before, and from the website, it sounds like I can basically add the courses to my high school transcript. I wouldn't have any problem with universities considering these kind of courses for admission? Because, paying 40 bucks to complete courses online for my high school transcript and using them to apply to various universities sounds a lot better than being limited to one university's academic upgrading program, paying 750 bucks and travelling to class.
Yes they are ministry of education courses. Same curriculum taught in high schools. Universities accept them no issues whatsoever. Equal ground to regular in class credits. The final exam is done in person BTW. Do it. We are lucky to have ILC in Ontario. Great staff over there as well. Wish I had guidance counselors in high school who gave a damn like the staff over there do. Don't do the university upgrade programs if ILC will get you the same result with a fraction of the price AND those university upgrade programs at one university may not be accepted at another university if you decided to go somewhere else. A high school credit from ILC is accepted everywhere. It is the smarter option.

Really wish I had the money to move up there. Not sure what it is, but something about Toronto based on what I've read about it just makes me want to move there some day and just get a fresh start. Hopefully soon!

The controllers at Game On 2.0 are so beat up lol, I guess thats what happens when thousands of little kids are pounding on them all day

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Really wish I had the money to move up there. Not sure what it is, but something about Toronto based on what I've read about it just makes me want to move there some day and just get a fresh start. Hopefully soon!

Depending on your what degree and experience is, it can be very difficult to get a job. I'm not trying to deter ya here, but unless you have connections or an in-demand job, expect to take 6 - 10+ months looking for a job with a livable wage.

Otherwise, it's a great city...

Besides our mayor...
Besides our shit transit system...
Besides our ghettos...
Besides the homeless...
Besides the crazy weather...
Besides kave_man...

Wait...dafuq am I living here for?!

Quadratic

Depending on your what degree and experience is, it can be very difficult to get a job. I'm not trying to deter ya here, but unless you have connections or an in-demand job, expect to take 6 - 10+ months looking for a job with a livable wage.

Besides our mayor...
Besides our ghettos...
Besides the homeless...
Besides kave_man...

Hamburgers?

Quick

Banned
Courtesy of Evilmario

http://www.fairforcanada.ca/#intro

LOLOLKILOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

iSpxXFnwJh21z.gif

Toronto's a nice place, despite Kuro's legitimate gripes about it. Transit system is okay, I wouldn't call it buttfuck bad.

Besides our mayor...
Besides our ghettos...
Besides the homeless...
Besides kave_man...

Besides [insert burger joint of choice].

Shots fired.

Besides our mayor...
Besides our ghettos...
Besides the homeless...
Besides kave_man...

The Pho obviously

So I wa at the madhouse that is the reopened 401 games:
- their AC isn't working for now
- selection layout is better
- the gaming section is good but sort of in the way of other stuff (like sleeves)
- king of Tokyo and pandemic is already sold out

But yeah, it's already a better than the old store layout and such.

Eleuin

Ugh just hit my internet limit with more than a week left, fuck you rogers. Termination fee is the only thing separating me from going teksavvy.

Anybody know a good internet cafe downtown or the yonge-sheppard area? lol :(

So I wa at the madhouse that is the reopened 401 games:
- their AC isn't working for now
- selection layout is better
- the gaming section is good but sort of in the way of other stuff (like sleeves)
- king of Tokyo and pandemic is already sold out

But yeah, it's already a better than the old store layout and such.

The old store used to be mostly a convenience store!

Looks like Toronto needs a new Deputy Mayor............

Ugh just hit my internet limit with more than a week left, fuck you rogers. Termination fee is the only thing separating me from going teksavvy.

I heard from a little birdie a way to get out of rogers home services while on contract is to say your moving to an area where they currently do not provide services. Pretty sure Oakville is one area. Don't call and say you want to cancel. Call and say you'd like to change your address and set up service at your new house. Act dumb. They will ask for your new postal code (find one for a house in Oakville) and return saying "oh I'm sorry we don't provide service in that area currently" and then you go from there.

This has worked for many people and I just found out about it recently from someone I know who did it. They had a year or two left on contract too. I don't think they can hold you to a contract if they aren't able to provide you service. Wish I knew about it when I was going through leaving rogers a few years ago. Teksavvy is the best.

So, you and anyone else looking to get out of a rogers home contract should try this and see what happens. Worth a shot. If it works buy me a beer. Thx.

Azih

Now Holyday gets to listen to nonsense from Tim Hudak........until he gets the boot as PC leader

Ford is such a dillhole though. Calling Liberals bank robbers in a provincial election? He still has to work with them! David Miller dropped his NDP membership in order to be non partisan and Ford is pulling shit like this.

Appleman

I just hit my limit too, but it's because apparently there was an errant torrent in my house that seeded like 75GB :/

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

I'm about to hit my limit in a day or two.

Mine is attributed to my nephew who has to either be on xbox live all day playing call of duty or watching call of duty videos on youtube all day.

Roto13

I've never once been to Toronto Island and I have to fly out of there on Wednesday. I need to be at the airport around 6 AM. What's the easiest way to get there? Does the ferry run that early? How far is the airport from the ferry terminal?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I've never once been to Toronto Island and I have to fly out of there on Wednesday. I need to be at the airport around 6 AM. What's the easiest way to get there? Does the ferry run that early? How far is the airport from the ferry terminal?
I know you're lazy but come on.

The ferry is free for pedestrians and $11 for vehicles (return trip).

There’s a ferry approximately every 15 minutes. The first ferry to the airport leaves the ferry terminal at 5:15 a.m. and the last ferry from the airport to the mainland departs at about 12:07 a.m.
http://www.torontoport.com/Airport/Getting-To/Ferry-Schedule.aspx

Top Bottom