• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Not possible to get good wings in Toronto? Have you been to Duffs? Crown and Dragon? Puck N Wings? All-Star Wings (ok not in Toronto, but not too far out)

Any advice for a second date around town?

What's a fun activity in TO to take a second date to? The Amsterdam Brewhouse was almost perfect for a first date... Now I want something more "Physical" that involves scenery and walking, moving around, etc. (There's no aquariums in the city is there?)

Bowling is ok, but besides that overpriced, crowded with drunk youth...Ballroom place on John and Richmond, there really isn't any good bowling alleys in downtown.. yeah also bowling is lame, it's something you do on your tenth date.

Rock climbing is too much too ( maybe sixth date)

Any good parks to walk, dinner places to suggest? Thanks.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

What's a fun activity in TO to take a second date to? The Amsterdam Brewhouse was almost perfect for a first date... Now I want something more "Physical" that involves scenery and walking, moving around, etc. (There's no aquariums in the city is there?)

Bowling is ok, but besides that overpriced, crowded with drunk youth...Ballroom place on John and Richmond, there really isn't any good bowling alleys in downtown.. yeah also bowling is lame, it's something you do on your tenth date.

Super easy
Kensington market - walking and eating and authentic Mexican food according to EM
Harbourfront - boat ride, walking, they usually have something going on there during the summer. Food is a bit more of a walk but still relatively close.
Distillery District - Balzac's, plays, food, sake tasting, chocolate, I believe Steamwhistle pub is here too and there was this pretty cool patio like area there last time.
The Beaches - walk along the boardwalk along the beaches, tons of restaurants to try and things to see.

I'd say distillery, beaches, Kensington, harbour.

Take the ferry to Toronto island. Just don't get stuck there at night like I did and miss the last ferry back to town lol. Or miss it on purpose and get down to business if you know what I mean. Took a girl there once and she melted.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Take the ferry to Toronto island. Just don't get stuck there at night like I did and miss the last ferry back to town lol. Or miss it on purpose and get down to business if you know what I mean. Took a girl there once and she melted.
This. Rent some bikes and have fun with that. Or if you're brave, get a tandem bike.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Bleh. Finished all the stuff from momofuku milk bar.

Cookies sucked
Truffles were ok
Pie is where it's at and only noteworthy item there.

diaspora

D84nN5V.jpg

bowery

have any of you been to xi'an famous foods in nyc and know a similar place here? i'm dying for hand pulled noodles with a ton of cumin, lamb and chili sauce.

Quadratic

have any of you been to xi'an famous foods in nyc and know a similar place here? i'm dying for hand pulled noodles with a ton of cumin, lamb and chili sauce.

I haven't been but is the type of noodle you're looking for? The Uyghur style from Western China?

http://www.yelp.ca/biz/charcoal-kebab-house-toronto

http://www.thestar.com/life/food_wi...es_traditional_handpulled_uyghur_noodles.html

*EDIT. I just looked up your NYC restaurant and these noodles are not the same. Sorry. I wonder if we have something like those lamb noodles in the GTA

Roto13

Anyone looking to go to the Poutine Fest later this month?

I think poutine is too heavy for a "Fest." :p I'd feel like shit afterwards and have to make my way home like that. Not like you can really eat poutine all day. A little goes a long way.

I'll be out of town anyway.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I think poutine is too heavy for a "Fest." :p I'd feel like shit afterwards and have to make my way home like that. Not like you can really eat poutine all day. A little goes a long way.

I'll be out of town anyway.

Nope. I don't think I could eat that much poutine and Iove poutine.
Agreed. Also, $35 for three cups of craft beer plus all-you-can-eat poutine doesn't sound good to me.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone got any suggestions on good places for pizza and beer... somewhere in the vicinity of downtown toronto
Pizzeria Libretto is probably your best bet.

I'd like some pizza recommendations as well. I don't go often, and there isn't a go-to place besides Libretto for me.

Merguson

Banned
Pizzeria Libretto is probably your best bet.

I'd like some pizza recommendations as well. I don't go often, and there isn't a go-to place besides Libretto for me.

I'll have to see if Libretto is okay.

Always have trouble finding places to eat in Toronto.. I've got a nut allergy and one of my friends has a shellfish allergy. Fun times!

Quick

Banned
Someone decided to cut the Go Train signals along the Lakeshore East line. Trains were delayed this morning. Not sure if that's fixed yet.

And has anybody been tuning in to Indie 88 (88.1)? It's actually worth a listen, considering how little commercial interruption they have. I don't listen to the radio much, but I don't remember having as much uninterrupted music playing on the radio in a while.

Appleman

Agreed. Also, $35 for three cups of craft beer plus all-you-can-eat poutine doesn't sound good to me.

I was kind of excited because it's on a weekday evening and it's right beside my work, but... holy crap that's expensive. The three beers are 4oz each? :/

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Someone decided to cut the Go Train signals along the Lakeshore East line. Trains were delayed this morning. Not sure if that's fixed yet.

And has anybody been tuning in to Indie 88 (88.1)? It's actually worth a listen, considering how little commercial interruption they have. I don't listen to the radio much, but I don't remember having as much uninterrupted music playing on the radio in a while.
I do. It just sucks it's not more powerful because it cuts out a couple of times on my way home on the 401.

I was kind of excited because it's on a weekday evening and it's right beside my work, but... holy crap that's expensive. The three beers are 4oz each? :/
I have no idea what the size is of the cups.

BadWolf

Just a quick question regarding location.

I recently started working close to the Main Street subway (close to the Main Street and Danforth intersection) and the commute is over 3 hours daily for me.

So to save on time and money I'm thinking of maybe moving there so I will be like walking distance.

Does anyone know if this is a good/safe area to live? Only thing that I see for certain there is that there are a ton of stores (large and small) which is a great.

Is $950 okay for rent there (1 bedroom apartment with living room) or can cheaper be found?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Just a quick question regarding location.

I recently started working close to the Main Street subway (close to the Main Street and Danforth intersection) and the commute is over 3 hours daily for me.

So to save on time and money I'm thinking of maybe moving there so I will be like walking distance.

Does anyone know if this is a good/safe area to live? Only thing that I see for certain there is that there are a ton of stores (large and small) which is a great.

Is $950 okay for rent there (1 bedroom apartment with living room) or can cheaper be found?

Any help would be very appreciated.
I live south of there and it's a great area. Decent price. Unless you want a basement apt we are renting out. But everyone hates them! D:

soultron

Banned

Pedestrian Sundays are pretty awesome in Kensington Market. Unfortunately the next one isn't until 25 August, but I'd keep it handy. Maybe a 3rd or 4th date. :)

Lots of food, music, buskers, beer. You just walk in and walk out whenever you feel like it.

Quadratic

Gaffer who lives in Seattle. He's organized the last few GAF meetups at PAX.

He's also a huge MLS Seatlle Sounders fan and knows quite a bit about our lowly TFC. I have to ask him if he's excited about getting my boy Clint Dempsey from the Tottenham Hotspurs

cube444

Anyone got any suggestions on good places for pizza and beer... somewhere in the vicinity of downtown toronto

Brass Taps on Danforth near Logan has 1/2 price pizza Wednesdays. Pizza is amazing (High Stakes Porker is my fave) and solid beer selection too. It's like a 5 minute walk from Chester station.

I live south of there and it's a great area. Decent price. Unless you want a basement apt we are renting out. But everyone hates them! D:

Have to agree. A coworker of mine bought a house last year at Main/Gerrard (Kimberley Ave) and I enjoy going there. Plus you're so close to The Beaches where there is always something going on.

BadWolf, you said 3 hours?! Where you coming from?

Sober

Might get a Fan Expo thread going by the weekend. We're just about two weeks away now.
I keep clicking the damn schedule page and it still isn't up. But it's not like I really am looking forward to anything especially, just feel like maybe going this year and it looks like most of the stuff is going to be there every day. We should figure out what day for GAF to meetup though, seeing as I'm looking at only buying a one-day pass.

Anonymous ‏@YourAnonNews 1h

Reliable Source: Toronto's latest murder victim was a pimp. Mayor Rob Ford was one of his clients. #topoli

wat

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Brass Taps on Danforth near Logan has 1/2 price pizza Wednesdays. Pizza is amazing (High Stakes Porker is my fave) and solid beer selection too. It's like a 5 minute walk from Chester station.

Have to agree. A coworker of mine bought a house last year at Main/Gerrard (Kimberley Ave) and I enjoy going there. Plus you're so close to The Beaches where there is always something going on.

BadWolf, you said 3 hours?! Where you coming from?
But Brass Taps ain't good for box stretchin! D:

Top Bottom