• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Quadratic

Just drove by there. Taste of the Crammedforth!!!!

I almost walked into that hot mess after work today. I got to Donlands and went

tumblr_menghmmr3I1qbvaf3o1_500.gif

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I had good calamari there once. But i forgot what restaurant it was from so I never went back to find it after. Oh well

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I had good calamari there once. But i forgot what restaurant it was from so I never went back to find it after. Oh well
Like was said, Taste of the Danforth is pointless.

“You owe me money,” a convicted drug peddler screamed at Rob Ford after bursting into the mayor’s home and then later threatening to kill him.

Court documents recently obtained by QMI Agency reveal stunning new details about a frightening confrontation between a man with close ties to the Ford family and the mayor in his home early last year — an incident that raises even more questions in the wake of the alleged crack cocaine scandal that has dogged the mayor recently.

A strung-out Scott MacIntyre -- the ex-boyfriend of Ford’s sister Kathy -- walked in uninvited through the unlocked front door of the Edenbridge Dr. house around 7:30 a.m. on Jan. 11, 2012, and began screaming about debt that needed to be paid, according to those documents.

“You owe me money, your sister owes me money. If I don’t get it, they will kill me,” MacIntyre, then 45, yelled at the mayor, who rushed to confront his sister’s longtime common-law partner.

The documents — a transcript from MacIntyre’s court appearance on Apr. 23, 2012 — include an agreed statement of facts submitted as he pleaded guilty to several charges.
http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Crime/2013/08/09/21036736.html

whitehawk

Banned
You guys keep worrying account Rob Ford, I'll just enjoy my fried calamari.

I am extremely worried about the state of our mayor.

Sober

Rob Ford is just good at dodging gaffers I have to guess. I went to an opening event where he was invited to and practically most other city council related people showed up except for him.

isny

napkin dispenser
Anyone still interested in a meetup during Fan Expo?

I'm thinking Sunday (the 25th.)

The event schedule will be released on Monday, so maybe we'll all have a better idea of what day works best for us once we know which day(s) we want to attend? lol

krae_man

Anyone still interested in a meetup during Fan Expo?

I'm thinking Sunday (the 25th.)

The event schedule will be released on Monday, so maybe we'll all have a better idea of what day works best for us once we know which day(s) we want to attend? lol

Sunday works for me.

Divvy

I hear dinner is a lot better there, but it'd have to be a LOT better. I would rather goto any other AYCE for lunch than there

John Blade

Just a quick question. Is they a good restaurant to eat at around Keele and Bloor Street West? Nothing too expensive but a good place to meet up with some friends of mine for a nice chat.

Minor edit: It's around the High Park area.

Divvy

? It was good when I went but that was 2 years ago. What happened?

Poor service, brought only 50% of our order, had to ask three times for water.

Food portions were ridiculously small and not that great. Tempura was kind of cold.

Just really poor all around.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Poor service, brought only 50% of our order, had to ask three times for water.

Food portions were ridiculously small and not that great. Tempura was kind of cold.

Just really poor all around.
Must have really fallen in quality... :(

Also wtf is wrong with the people in this city?

Walking down Yonge and and I see this one dude dance for like 3 blocks.

Some people see this and start cheering him on and he starts going nuts. Worse thing is a couple running after him yelling wold stah hip hop and filming him....in fucking portrait view! Worse than war criminals.

zroid

Banned
between the Fordy hijinks and subway closure, seems like it's been a pretty fun weekend in the city

you know, like every weekend

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
^^^Damn. That box is getting stretched!
Well...you know what they say about black cats...

Kuro confirmed for hater.
Kave_man is Forza confirmed. That box stretchin!
How's the weather? Tell me it's insufferably hot and humid because here in cool, sunny Newfoundland it's wonderful and breezy and I want to rub it in someone's face.

Yikes
Naw it's gorgeous outside. Sunny, windy, cool. We've had really good weather for the past week or so.

Hieberrr

I'm currently on the $25 BTS plan from Wind and would like to switch to the current $30 plan. Any ideas if I have to pay an "upgrade fee" or w/e?

I'm so temtped to switch, but I really want to wait to see if their winter promos are any good.

soultron

Banned
My dudes, wanna get the Fan Expo ball rolling? I'm planning on going Sat+Sun. I'd love to organise but I unfortunately don't know TO as well as some of you more discerning/classier folk.

I need to pay back my Pho Blood money debt though. Also, I need to give Nerfgun another high five in person.

isny

napkin dispenser
My dudes, wanna get the Fan Expo ball rolling? I'm planning on going Sat+Sun. I'd love to organise but I unfortunately don't know TO as well as some of you more discerning/classier folk.

I need to pay back my Pho Blood money debt though. Also, I need to give Nerfgun another high five in person.

I've organized the meet-up the past few years, i'm just waiting for the schedule to release tomorrow before I start organizing it.

Quick

Banned
I've organized the meet-up the past few years, i'm just waiting for the schedule to release tomorrow before I start organizing it.

Are you making a separate thread for the meetup? I'm putting together a Fan Expo thread again, but if you're making a meetup thread, you could probably cram all the info in one.

Just want to point out that not everyone would be going to FanExpo, and would be ideal to setup something after (and perhaps not too close to it because that's where everyone will be)

isny

napkin dispenser
Are you making a separate thread for the meetup? I'm putting together a Fan Expo thread again, but if you're making a meetup thread, you could probably cram all the info in one.

Will PM ya!

Just want to point out that not everyone would be going to FanExpo, and would be ideal to setup something after (and perhaps not too close to it because that's where everyone will be)

Yup, I'd rather it be after as well. That's what we've done the past few years : )

krae_man

I'm currently on the $25 BTS plan from Wind and would like to switch to the current $30 plan. Any ideas if I have to pay an "upgrade fee" or w/e?

I'm so temtped to switch, but I really want to wait to see if their winter promos are any good.

Its like $20 to switch plans.

Edit: Why do you want to switch. Do you need province wide calling instead of local, or Can/US text instead of just Canada? Otherwise the plants are exactly he same. Also isn't back to school $29 not $25?

Looks like they have a $33/month plan which is just the $30 plan with the World saver add on in it for an extra $3 instead of $8.

Honestly, the best you can probably hope for is the $40 plan including voice mail for free.

HuntTheMusic

Neo Member
Went to the Taste of Danforth today with the wife and while we had a great time I was blown away by some of the queues for the greek food. Surely you can buy all that any day of the week if you go down Danforth? Its mostly the shop and restaurant owners that run their own stalls right or did I get that wrong?

Also great little game shop down there. Managed to pick up 999 new on DS which I have been seeking out since I got here. Gutted I had already bought Dragons Crown from EB though as their copies had the art book.

Still absolutely loving our time in the city. Really don't want to move on to Niagra later this week.

Top Bottom