• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Sober

CNE blows, if you want to people watch it might be ok

The air show is the only good part and thats at the end of August
This is mostly true since shopping there seems a bit expensive, the arcade/rides are expensive as fuck. At least the air show is free. Don't know why I keep trying to get someone to go to the CNE every year, seems like a bad day unless it is one of those air show days (okay the commute back will probably suck).

Willectro

Banned
CNE blows, if you want to people watch it might be ok

The air show is the only good part and thats at the end of August

The air show has been declining the past few years. The US has cut their Air Force demo budget (or something along those lines), so a lot of their crazy jets (A-10 for instance) are no longer in the show. I'm not even going to bother going to the air show this year. Still may check out the CNE though.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking Paper station!!! Closed 2 weeks til Aug 31. Fucking construction that will never end. And it looks like fucking shit too.

My precious 72 bus is now going to Broadview. Fuck Broadview!

Oppo

Fucking Paper station!!! Closed 2 weeks til Aug 31. Fucking construction that will never end. And it looks like fucking shit too.

My precious 72 bus is now going to Broadview. Fuck Broadview!

What's wrong with Broadview? At least that one's finished. ;)

I do remember filling out a survey some time ago where they asked if I would prefer intermittent service cuts over a long period, or total closure over a shorter period. I think I picked the latter so I'm sorry for that Kuro.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
What's wrong with Broadview? At least that one's finished. ;)

I do remember filling out a survey some time ago where they asked if I would prefer intermittent service cuts over a long period, or total closure over a shorter period. I think I picked the latter so I'm sorry for that Kuro.
They've been constructing for years now.

72 has to go along Danforth to get to Broadview. And it's also crowded too.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
North York GAF, do any of you know a good roti place around Mel Lastman square?

Asking for some coworkers who are suddenly craving some.

The air show has been declining the past few years. The US has cut their Air Force demo budget (or something along those lines), so a lot of their crazy jets (A-10 for instance) are no longer in the show. I'm not even going to bother going to the air show this year. Still may check out the CNE though.

Yup, they used to have a stealth, F-22, F-14, F-16 and other jets but this year they have a harrier and Canadian F-18 =/

I am using my NeoGAF day 1 status to declare The Works as a top-tier burger joint in Canada

This status is absolute and not subject to veto

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I am using my NeoGAF day 1 status to declare The Works as a top-tier burger joint in Canada

I am using my overlord veto status to say you're utterly wrong and as bad at judging burger joints as Mike Gillis is at managing a team.

isny

napkin dispenser

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

Burger talk again? I guess I should mention that CMT has a new show called Burger Wars and I think the Toronto episode is Monday night.

The contenders for Toronto are:

The Burger’s Priest Toronto - The Vatican City
Dangerous Dan’s Diner Toronto - The Coronary
Parts & Labour Toronto - The P&L Burger

http://www.cristino.ca/?page_id=90

Quadratic

I've been to a few of the Works locations in the GTA. It's okay but not my favourite. I would put Stockyards and Burgers Priest (Leslieville) ahead for sure. I would even say Johnny's in Sacarbough is better :)

Burger talk is forever...

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Burger talk again? I guess I should mention that CMT has a new show called Burger Wars and I think the Toronto episode is Monday night.

Never been to Parts but I've heard good stuff. Holy Chuck should really be on it.

Goddamn just got out of the Cramedadian National Expo.

It gets worse every year. The Cronut burger line was super busy insane. Only new thing I really notices was the half coconut and half melon drinks and the zip line.

I got my Clearly Canadian, my sugary British candy, and my fill of people with strollers buggies and carts.

I also got this chocolate Crinkle cookie; it's my Kryptonite

Anth0ny

Just a heads up, was at the CNE and Nintendo was there with Wind Waker HD, Mario 3D World and DKCR set ups. No lines at all, and they will be there until September 2nd. Managed to play the 3D World demo 4 times in a row before my girlfriend started raging! god damn carnival stuffed animal scam games

Sober

Why would anyone want to go to the CNE the first weekend anyway?

Feel like it should run an extra week so I don't have to put up with large crowds.

jokkir

Just a heads up, was at the CNE and Nintendo was there with Wind Waker HD, Mario 3D World and DKCR set ups. No lines at all, and they will be there until September 2nd. Managed to play the 3D World demo 4 times in a row before my girlfriend started raging! god damn carnival stuffed animal scam games

Where are they located? I might check it out this week for the 5$ after 5 thing.

Kraftwerk

Quadratic

I'm coming straight from work so hopefully I can get there a bit early to secure the reservation in case Krae_man is late.

I'll be the generic asian guy wearing a Bautista jersey if you need to pick me out from the crowd.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

For those that missed the episode, P&L won.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
These nightly 401 closures are annoying.

I get on the 401 and the express is closed. Then the collectors. Then the express again. And it changes almost nightly. Tonight was fun when I was forced off the 401 at Keele only to get back on the 401 AT KEELE. Mind you, had I not misread the sign when it said that all COL lanes were closed beyond Keele, I would have gone on the express and avoided the whole mess.

I will be happy when I am off this late shift.

Willectro

Banned
FUCK THAT SHIT! I'LL BE THE JUDGE OF THAT! :(

This better be some fucking GOD TIER BURGER shit to top Priest.

Agreed.

Got a notice of access from my landlord, apparently something to do with maintenance to water mains, they have to release the air or some shit. Complete fucking bullshit. Notice to come take a look inside the unit of course, during the day on a weekday. I got nothing to hide, but I don't like having to try and obscure my valuables so some fucking chuds can walk through. On top of that, what a great way to spread bedbugs and other undesirables. Fucking apartments.

Top Bottom