• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Were they skinny jeans? If so HIPSTER!

Nope. In fact he called me a hipster because they were baggy! haha made no sense (they aren't even baggy.. just like normal fitting)

His definition of a hipster though is someone that doesn't watch football and doesn't like McDonalds. So I fit his description.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Nope. In fact he called me a hipster because they were baggy! haha made no sense (they aren't even baggy.. just like normal fitting)

His definition of a hipster though is someone that doesn't watch football and doesn't like McDonalds. So I fit his description.

Wait, that would make me hipster. ERRRGHAHRH

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
There must be a really nasty bug going around. Both my gf and I were sick for a full week this month. Hide yo wife hide yo kids.

Something usually pops up around this time every year. God bless this strong immune system...for now.

I had a cold last week, always something this time of year, everyone at work is sick too, doesn't help that it's way too busy to call in sick or for the managers to tell ppl to stay home...... Despite the sickness just spreading to everyone

Dear disgusting rain-snow mix: You're a b**ch to drive in. Please transition to one or the other. Preferably snow, so I have an excuse to just curl up and not drive 'till springtime.

Thanks, BW.

cbox

Something usually pops up around this time every year. God bless this strong immune system...for now.

I usually have a titanium immune system, but last month I was taken down by 3 or 4 different sicknesses, i swear. I must have gotten the franken cold or flu from work, family and friends. Still have a lingering cough that comes and goes.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
What the fuck, why is there a header that reads "that awkward moment..." on the cover of the star?!

This is the worst thing that's ever happened to me.

Here is a future rendering of the Toronto skyline about 6-8 years from now if all proposals get built as is (sorry for the large images.. just scroll right to see it all):

More info about all of this here.

5NQkI.jpg

and here is the same view as it looked in 2004:

CcbAr.jpg

Holy shit.

Either the CN Tower is getting smaller or the HSBC tower is getting bigger in the future.

The diamond-shaped building to the left of the CN Tower is comical. Which evil super villain is planning to headquarter in Toronto?

Stet

Banned
No idea where to put this. It's day 12 of Chief Theresa Spence's hunger strike to get Prime Minister Harper to pay attention to the First Nations protest of the omnibus bill that limits their land rights.

This is what Harper tweeted today:

jCEpjwXiVjsvL.png

He's such a cock.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Where are these Canadians that keep voting for him? Everyone I speak to says he sucks, yet he keeps staying in power.

You'd think with all these vocal voters, he'd be taken down by now. He gets a bad rap in the media as well.

I blame EM.

Where are these Canadians that keep voting for him? Everyone I speak to says he sucks, yet he keeps staying in power.

You'd think with all these vocal voters, he'd be taken down by now. He gets a bad rap in the media as well.

I blame EM.
Popular vote doesn't = Party in power.

And good luck getting electoral reform!?!?

Acheron

Banned
Here is a future rendering of the Toronto skyline about 6-8 years from now if all proposals get built as is (sorry for the large images.. just scroll right to see it all):

More info about all of this here.

and here is the same view as it looked in 2004:

Holy shit.

Given the softening of the real estate market I don't suspect many of the buildings still in the proposal stage will break ground, given they need ~70%+ occupancy to do so. Could be wrong if the US does everything right and helps pull us up.

Kraftwerk

I want to take my family out for dinner on Christmas Eve, or sometime this week.

Myself, my mom and 2 sisters.

I need some recommendations. They enjoy persian and indian food a lot, but willing to try something new.

Some of my friends highly recommended The Sultan's Tent, read some of the reviews tho, and it seems to be very well designed, but the food is 'meh'

I'm paying so nothing that will cause a heart attack :X Don't want to be a cheap bastard at the same time, want to do something nice for once. $40-$60 per person entree is reasonable.

Someplace nice and classy, nothing loud or anything that has a bar/club vibe.

Hieberrr

I want to take my family out for dinner on Christmas Eve, or sometime this week.

I need some recommendations. They enjoy persian and indian food a lot, but willing to try something new.

Some of my friends highly recommended The Sultan's Tent, read some of the reviews tho, and it seems to be very well designed, but the food is 'meh'

I'm paying so nothing that will cause a heart attack :X Don't want to be a cheap bastard at the same time, want to do something nice for once. $40-$60 per person entree is reasonable.

Little India. Hands down the best Indian food I've had. No complaints about it. If you are gonna go, book a table now.

Biff

Lahore Tikka in Leslieville has the best Indian food in Toronto, IMO.

The atmosphere is bad in a hilarious, tacky kind of way. Also helps keep the price down to very reasonable levels.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Lahore Tikka in Leslieville has the best Indian food in Toronto, IMO.

The atmosphere is bad in a hilarious, tacky kind of way. Also helps keep the price down to very reasonable levels.
Is that still considered Leslieville??????

May give that place a try one of these days.

cbox

One of those yelp reviews is mine, I'd avoid the sultanas tent unless you love to burn cash. We ende up paying around 80-100 a person that night, and the food was terrible and the belly dancer also.

OTC, my home.

Personally, I love it here

It's much more homey, and I feel less threatened by bumping the thread.

PS: Goddamn snow, even the "lakeside effect" can't stop the frosty stuff, my commute just got a bit more frustrating. Y-Y

Are you happy, Snow-loving GAF?
LLShC.gif

Stet

Banned
ugh back in community.

Sultan's Tent has belly dancing, yes, but the food is not good and the prices are OUT RAGEOUS

Top Bottom