• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT3| Going Off the Rails on a Gravy Train

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
These hockey fans are so sensitive.

Only Kuro knows I'm trolling, I guess.

I just wanted to use that gif is all.

I'm far from being offended by stuff like that. All my teams suck, I need to have a sense of humour or I'd be a bitter old man.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I just wanted to use that gif is all.

I'm far from being offended by stuff like that. All my teams suck, I need to have a sense of humour or I'd be a bitter old man.

Fear not. Blue Jays are going to be amazing this year. I can't wait..
to be eliminated in the one game playoff this year!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I don't post in NHL-GAF a lot because I don't like a few people in there.

Slightly OT: My brother is becoming a father in April and I threatened to get his kid a bunch of Habs stuff as a joke and he warned me he'd kick my ass. I conceded and we decided I'd just wait until the kid is a little older and get him a Habs toilet seat when it's time for potty training. :p

Leafs 1-0.
D:< look man, just cause I ran away from you ONE time when it was well deserved.....

Do you mean Canucks fans? It was freaking FANTASTIC last ! The salt was so so tasty. STANLEY CUP CONTENDERS WITH ALL STAR GOALIES 1A and 1B.

I think I picked Ana to tear them a new one in my pool too.

Edit: would be nice to cheer for the Jays, but I don't think it's as easy to build a championship team.

Edit2: EM trolling as hard as the wind blowing today

Quadratic

I posted in the last OT about the abundance of Ramen restaurants in Toronto now. Just went and had lunch at Santouka. It was very busy today. At least a 20 minute wait around 12pm. Longer line after my friend and I sat down. About the type of ramen, it's Hokkaido style and it has a very rich soup base. My friend commented it was "oily" but tasty. I got the pork jowl special ramen. The pork came on a second plate and you dip it into the hot broth.

Now there's a lot of options along near Yonge/Dundas for ramen. You have Kenzo, Raijin, Sansotei and Santouka.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I posted in the last OT about the abundance of Ramen restaurants in Toronto now. Just went and had lunch at Santouka. It was very busy today. At least a 20 minute wait around 12pm. Longer line after my friend and I sat down. About the type of ramen, it's Hokkaido style and it has a very rich soup base. My friend commented it was "oily" but tasty. I got the pork jowl special ramen. The pork came on a second plate and you dip it into the hot broth.

Now there's a lot of options along near Yonge/Dundas for ramen. You have Kenzo, Raijin, Sansotei and Santouka.
How does it compare to the other specialty ramen places? Kinton ramen, for example? This rest is a lot closer for me too.

scogoth

And thank goodness! I'm sick of subway, 5 guys and all the other crappy fast food places I eat at for lunch. The lines are just too long right now but once people get over the new opening the lines should die down.

Quadratic

How does it compare to the other specialty ramen places? Kinton ramen, for example? This rest is a lot closer for me too.
Personally I would rate Kinton #1. However that's purely subjective. I only tried one style of ramen so I won't presume what the rest of the menu is like. I did see quite a few people order the rice dishes. They have cha siu and fish egg rice that's like a side dish to the ramen proper. Pickles, tofu and other side munchies are on the menu too.

I kind of judge the authenticness of the restaurant if there's actually Japanese people eating there. I overheard quite a few people speaking Japanese. It's not scientific but if local Japanese are eating there is must be decent right?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'll be indoors mostly tomorrow, but the long johns will be on.

Soon, Kuro. Soon.

Anybody heading to the Leafs home opener tomorrow?

I'll probably just watch the game at home and cry when we lost to Buffalo. They've had our number for a decade or more.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I do have to say I hope the Leafs win tomorrow...because man I can't get enough of those "hey the Leafs are #1 in the league/undefeated for the season" jokes that always pop up.

They're so fresh and original.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Goddamn that wind chill!!!!!!!!!!!! -16

I HOPE YER GODDAMN HAPPY, #TEAMFREEZEYOURNUTSOFF

I'm very happy. :)

I do have to say I hope the Leafs win tomorrow...because man I can't get enough of those "hey the Leafs are #1 in the league/undefeated for the season" jokes that always pop up.

On pace for 48-0 and Phil Kessel projected to have 96 point season!

Quick

Banned
On pace for 48-0 and Phil Kessel projected to have 96 point season!

i66wrGyEWyvjP.gif

Sober

Haven't the Leafs, for the past few years, started the season out strong then nosedived after like 25, 30 games or something?

Should've kept stalling for a shorter season if you ask me.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
On Scar LRT....delay due to fire investigation. I could smell smoke or something at Lawrence Stn.

Lil at people telling me to take the shuttle buses. The LRT ran like 5 min later.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Moved to a new site (Bloor and Jarvis area) and I'm back on the day shift. I'm going to miss the afternoon shift.

Magnus

Found myself driving a friend home all the way to to the Bathurst/Dundas area from North York late Saturday night. Driving home with another friend at 3am = a 60-second onset of the worst, most beautiful storm I've ever been in. Horizontally-flying blizzard-quality snow, thunder/lightning, 5-second travel time visibility. Insane wind force. Absolutely breathtaking. But terrifying. Nearly lost control of the car twice (insofar as being pushed to other lanes against my will, haha)

So the Price is Right Live! is coming to town in March apparently. Any Gaffers hoping to show off their plinko skills?

rofl, my friend has a love/hate relationship with that show.......we had to tix to a taping in LA but we didn't get in, him and some other friend went to the Las Vegas version and another friend won prizes and he didn't.......

Each time he was convinced he was going to win a car for his brother, guaranteed, and ended up hilariously disappointed......

This is what happened in LA......after he was first "betrayed" by Bob Barker and then terrified of the height and curvy Mulholland Drive up in the Hollywood Hills lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4TzykZBpwE

krae_man

rofl, my friend has a love/hate relationship with that show.......we had to tix to a taping in LA but we didn't get in, him and some other friend went to the Las Vegas version and another friend won prizes and he didn't.......

Each time he was convinced he was going to win a car for his brother, guaranteed, and ended up hilariously disappointed......

This is what happened in LA......after he was first "betrayed" by Bob Barker and then terrified of the height and curvy Mulholland Drive up in the Hollywood Hills lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4TzykZBpwE

Tell your friend, he needs to be better at the casting call portion.

Top Bottom