• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
added_time said:
Wow. This is your third troll post and the thread is only 6 pages long.

So your first two lame troll attempts weren't enough for you? You just had to come back for the ever impressive "LOL" troll?

You know what I do when I don't like something (for example a video game I don't like)?
I stay the hell out of the thread and leave the discussion to the people that like it.

I like this kid.

Firestorm

EvilMario said:
How's the snow? Will be you able to dig out in time for the Juno?
I hope so >=[ Friggin' terrible outside. Could hardly see while walking home from work. Had my head down most of the way.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Dies Iræ said:
I fell three times today in the Annex.
Balance fail

I'm on a three winter streak of 'no-falls'. Although, originally being from California, I have an excuse for falling.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
EvilMario said:
I'm on a three winter streak of 'no-falls'. Although, originally being from California, I have an excuse for falling.
No.

You don't.

:lol Toronto

God damn! I heard 4 cms...but FREAKIN TEN?!!??!?!?!?!

"Winter is coming" :'(

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
When they predict a blizzard, we get nothing. When they predict minimal snowfall, we get a good dumping. Makes sense to me.

Mean while, down my street..

DSC01841.JPG

Brinbe

Kuro Madoushi said:
Had beautiful weather last week...sigh...

You were taking your dog for a walk, eh Mario?
Ha, not even last week, it was perfectly nice just yesterday. Anyway, hopefully this is one last hurrah for Winter and we finally get into some consistently decent weather as we head into April.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
added_time said:
The GTA includes many areas and towns that don't vote for our mayor as you can see on this map:

643px-Greater_toronto_area_map.svg.png

The actual city of Toronto that votes for the mayor makes up only a small part of the GTA.
Is it just me or does that picture look like Toronto is taking a bite out of Mississauga?

Or sucking a part of it. ;)

Fuzzy

Firestorm said:
Looks happy to be doing it too
Good thing I'm nowhere near that part of the city.

I can't complain about the weather today because I'm in Scarborough (my part had almost nothing) and I'm currently in trade school in Whitby which also had almost nothing.

Recommendation for those that like Jamaican beef patties:

If you get to Bathurst subway station - try the spicy beef patty with coco bread at the shop inside there.

It's only $2.30 and is my guilty pleasure anytime I'm returning home (I live near there)

RS4-

I'm a huge fan of the Allan's Pastry shop ones. I can't remember if I've had the one at Bathurst.

edit - speaking of Jamaican/West Indian food; aside from the awesome Mr. Jerk at Morningside & Sheppard, I grab food whenever I can from Fahmee Market at Brimley and Alexmuir, and Roti Hut by the McCowan and Sheppard area.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
added_time said:
Recommendation for those that like Jamaican beef patties:

If you get to Bathurst subway station - try the spicy beef patty with coco bread at the shop inside there.

It's only $2.30 and is my guilty pleasure anytime I'm returning home (I live near there)

Good to know. I've never tried anything in Bathurst station, but everything in there smells delicious when I get off the train and start up the stairs. I can't say that about most stations. :p

Pizza place at Eglinton Station is pretty good too, although I can't think of the name for the life of me. Cheap eats, friendly owner. We're rarely in that part of town though.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
SuperSonic1305 said:
I'm going for my highway test next month. How is the Downsview location?

It's been many years since I went but I remember Downsview being a bit rough for the G test. I failed the one time I went, I then went all the way up to Aurora and passed.

cbox

i did my roadtest at the eglinton centrr and it was easy as hell, but it all depends on which instructor you get

RS4- said:
I'm a huge fan of the Allan's Pastry shop ones. I can't remember if I've had the one at Bathurst.

Someone told me today that the patties at Bathurst station are supplied by Allan's.. so that would make sense if they are good!

ConvenientBox said:
i did my roadtest at the eglinton centrr and it was easy as hell, but it all depends on which instructor you get

I live downtown but did mine at Victoria Park in Scarborough since it seems like there would be less traffic. The instructor guy must have been like 25 and looked like a skater or something and was determined for me to pass my test.
I even hit a curb during the test and he looked at me and said "don't worry seriously- I didn't write anything down"
haha best day of my life.

I don't know why I even went for my driving test.. I hate driving and cars and always take the subway.. but my mom wanted me to have a license so I got it.

Fuzzy

added_time said:
I live downtown but did mine at Victoria Park in Scarborough since it seems like there would be less traffic. The instructor guy must have been like 25 and looked like a skater or something and was determined for me to pass my test.
I even hit a curb during the test and he looked at me and said "don't worry seriously- I didn't write anything down"
haha best day of my life.
I did mine there also many years ago right before a snow storm. It was great because they wanted to finish as many tests as possible before the weather got too bad. The entire test was driving across to the DVP then up to the 401 then across to VP and back down the ministry. He didn't even want me to back into my parking space and it was over really fast.

Kraftwerk

I have let my hair grow over winter. Now I'm looking for a good place to get my hair cut. Someone recommended House of Lords.

What say you Toronto-Gaf?

Kave_Man said:
It's been many years since I went but I remember Downsview being a bit rough for the G test. I failed the one time I went, I then went all the way up to Aurora and passed.

Scythe27 said:
I did mine at Downsview and just barely passed first time around. Guy was really really strict.

:(

char

Neo Member
Kraftwerk said:
I have let my hair grow over winter. Now I'm looking for a good place to get my hair cut. Someone recommended House of Lords.

get your ears lowered in china town for six bucks. you'll find a handful of azn-stylists along dundas, between augusta and spadina

My friend gave the G2 Test in St. Catherine. She is a very dangerous driver yet she passed. Hooray? Lol.

Oh and I gave my G2 in Oakville and G in Etobicoke. Passed it all with flying colors.

Roto13

Kraftwerk said:

I like House of Lords because, on their sign, all three words share one "o" so it looks like "House Of Lurds."

E7ox7.jpg

daemonic

Banned
Someone told me to get my haircut at House of Lords but actually pronounced it 'HOL'. That was enough to turn me off. Apparently they give decent cuts though. Try it out if you can withstand the music.

Roto13

Scythe27 said:
Someone told me to get my haircut at House of Lords but actually pronounced it 'HOL'. That was enough to turn me off. Apparently they give decent cuts though. Try it out if you can withstand the music.
I can barely walk PAST there because of the music.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Just as a reminder for anyone in town, Nintendo is having a 3DS showcase with demo units at Yonge/Dundas tonight from 6pm until midnight for the 3DS launch. My wife and I are heading down around 8pm to have dinner with some friends, then we'll wait around for the launch at midnight.

FairyD

Roto13 said:
I like House of Lords because, on their sign, all three words share one "o" so it looks like "House Of Lurds."

E7ox7.jpg

For the longest time I had thought House of Lords was a bar.

Firestorm

Arcade Fire, Tokyo Police Club, and Broken Social Scene were awesome at the Junos. Got $200+ seats for free thanks to being a seatfiller and getting there 30 mins before I was supposed to.

Dyno

added_time said:
The GTA includes many areas and towns that don't vote for our mayor as you can see on this map:

643px-Greater_toronto_area_map.svg.png

The actual city of Toronto that votes for the mayor makes up only a small part of the GTA.

I really don't understand what binds these places together. If we share no government, infrastructure, education, or other social services then what does GTA even mean? Is it just an empty saying because there is nothing that places like Oshawa and Halton Hills share. They even call those areas "Duram Region" and "Halton Region" as if they are entities to themselves.

What purpose does that Greater Toronto Area moniker provide?

Dyno said:
What purpose does that Greater Toronto Area moniker provide?

It's just the Metropolitan area of the city of Toronto. Every city has a metro area.. like New York or Chicago or wherever. It's a basic dense city surrounded by suburbs and less dense smaller cities that are linked economically and socially with the main central city. The growth of the cities in the GTA is definitely linked to the growth of Toronto. Think of all the people that drive into the main city to work for example.

more here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metropolitan_area

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
added_time said:
It's up there.

Definitely seems like a step backwards for women's rights no matter how they spin it.
Seems like the point of the protest is going way over your heads, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom