• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tour de France 2016 |OT| Lead-out: EUROs / Autobus: Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, what a shitshow. The only way I could accept is there's a televised police chase after some fan trying to ride away on Froome's bike.

SkylineRKR

Those fans are always an issue, the space is way too small. Especially for motorbikes.

Mollema fell too, but he was most lucky.

People have crashed into camera bikes before with no recourse.

Must have been inside the last 1km at least the last 3km. I know you don't lose time on flat stages in that case, not sure about mountains.

Man, that was bullshit.

When will they learn you don't need 2,000 motorbikes for a 200 rider race?

Yeah, it's out of control at the moment. One rider is already dead after a collision with a moto this year and another in what looks to be a permanent vegetative state.

Crazy scenes.

Froome may have been too hasty chucking his bike, unless it was properly fudged.

Just said to my old man a few mins before that happened it would be a perfect job for Judge Dredd to roll up alongside the peloton on such days.

Faddy

Banned
Must have been inside the last 1km at least the last 3km. I know you don't lose time on flat stages in that case, not sure about mountains.

There is no 1km or 3km rule on mountain stages. Froome shouldn't have run up the road. IMO the times should stand as is, accidents happen.

Lach

Yates has yellow? Qintana 3rd by 14s???

WTF is happening?

Organization fucked up by moving the finish line. Caused a huge amassment of fans (imo).
If the reason was really that the wind was too much for the sattelite equipment, I feel they need to put their priority straight.
I'd rather have a messed up picture quality than the farce that was this finish.

SkylineRKR

This can't stand. Porte had absolutely zero chance. It was not an error on his own part.

Quintana looked fucking weak today. He had a good third week last year, but I don't see it.

Yesterday's wind likely made him weak today, he was caught in the fan. I wouldn't count him out yet.

Joni

Damn it, I missed this lap. All that drama, a Belgian victory.
But if they don't neutralize, this will be good for the Tour. He will have to attack.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
That was one of the craziest things I've seen in a race, they'll probably neutralize the times.

Glad for De Gendt though, Belgium is having a mighty fine Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom