• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tour de France 2017 |OT|

1. Aru
2. Froome +8
3. Bardet +25

should be the new top-3

Aru/Bardet still need to gain a lot of time to make up for their time trial deficiencies.

Is there any chance Aru will get this? Froome still has the TT advantage.

Also, that was a 20% and they made it look like NOTHING! Amazing.

not really, Froome would have been able to handle everything, those last few hundred metres were the hardest part of the stage.

Froome has won 20% finishes before. Besides, you never crack anyone if you don't try. Froome has a giant advantage from TTs so you need something equally big on the mountains if you ever hope to win against him.

edit: but now they know his lack of form so attempts to break Froome should start pretty much at the next mountain.

Is there any chance Aru will get this? Froome still has the TT advantage.

Also, that was a 20% and they made it look like NOTHING! Amazing.

I always believed Aru was the strongest with Froome.

Just have no idea where Aru will get the 60-90 seconds he will need to hopefully have a chance of negating the TT.

Froome has won 20% finishes before. Besides, you never crack anyone if you don't try. Froome has a giant advantage from TTs so you need something equally big on the mountains if you ever hope to win against him.

He has won before, but he was going up against much better pure climbers.

You are right about cracking him. Hopefully, this will give Aru and Bardet the confidence to try and attack tomorrow.

edit: as for your edit. I do hope so. I hope they try and go hard knowing that there are big decents.

Joni

Hopefully this means they ride more than a kilometer tomorrow. Astana won't be able to keep the group together.
But I love how Landa had to wait for Froome. Must be painful for Froome after how he treated Wiggins there.

Lanf

Ah, what a great race! (or final 300m at least) This is the Tour at its best, like an ancient Greek tragedy with all the heroics and downfalls.

We still have a few mountain tracks to go, so this should stay interesting. Don't have a favorite per se, but I like Aru. He brings some schwung into this, all too often, stale Tour.

The conspiracy theorist in me wants to say this is why Brailsford has been so grumpy all Tour; he knows shit is going wrong inside Sky and Froome's performance is part of it.

Uran, Bardet, Bennett and Pauwels took a drinking bottle in the last 10 km. Three out of four were penalized with a time penalty.

Can you guess which rider was spared?

Uran, Bardet, Bennett and Pauwels took a drinking bottle in the last 10 km. Three out of four were penalized with a time penalty.

Can you guess which rider was spared?
The one who eats croissants for breakfast I'm sure.

Edit: holy crap at that article
Second phone call we send him the slow-motion video of Bardet taking a feed. His second response is that he cant tell if Bardet is drinking out of the bottle or not. George Bennett took a feed from the exact same people as Bardet. The UCI then told us that it didn't matter because it wasn't from a team official. They completely reverted."
#FakeBottle

Fonds

The fucking French man...

Leave it to them to think of rules and not follow them...

*EDIT*

And the UCI has reversed the punishments to Uran and Bennett

Just shows once more that they're being inconsistent as hell.
"Oh shi-... it's quite obvious Bardet took a bottle as well. How do we solve this? Hmmm, let's just revert the punishment we stood behind, cause we don't want to punish a French rider just to stick to the rules."

He has won before, but he was going up against much better pure climbers.

You are right about cracking him. Hopefully, this will give Aru and Bardet the confidence to try and attack tomorrow.

edit: as for your edit. I do hope so. I hope they try and go hard knowing that there are big decents.

The difference between Froome yesterday and in 2012 when he dragged Wiggins up the mountain is stark. I remember the Vuelta in 2011 when Froome could have easily won if it hadn't been for Brad. Recently, he hasn't been forced to show himself too often but he looked fucked yesterday. Possibly just a bad day. We'll find out I guess.

Personally, I want Froome to win but I'd much rather have a good race. If Froome is really that badly out of nick, I'll root for Bardet I think. They need to fuck Froome over again though with the TT on the last day.

Ruruja

Personally, I want Froome to win but I'd much rather have a good race. If Froome is really that badly out of nick, I'll root for Bardet I think. They need to fuck Froome over again though with the TT on the last day.

Yeah, I'm rooting for Froome too, but there's a couple more mountainy stages before that TT where they could end him if his legs are gone, today is one of them. Should be exciting regardless, he's usually a couple of minutes ahead by now.

Ruruja

Here we go.

I really hope that we see an all out attack from Aru. Go hard and go earlier.

I think he will continue to wheel suck Froome and attack as late as possible. Team Sky are too strong for Aru to try attacking early.

Aru will struggle to keep hold of the yellow in my opinion, he can't mark all attacks from his rivals by himself, and like you have said before, his team is not strong at all.

I think he will continue to wheel suck Froome and attack as late as possible. Team Sky are too strong for Aru to try attacking early.

Aru will struggle to keep hold of the yellow in my opinion, he can't mark all attacks from his rivals by himself, and like you have said before, his team is not strong at all.

Jakob already dead :(((

All Aru needs to do is try and match Froome and Bardet. Sky and AG2r will be able to help with attacks from outside those three.

Where I feel a team really counts is if Aru is not feeling it or gets in trouble and needs pacing back. Then he is fucked.

That is his best chance.

I think everyone was so used to the Sky train that now they don't know what to do. I hope Bertie pulls a stage win out of his ass here!

Top Bottom