• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tour de France 2017 |OT|

NewDust

Of GC contenders Bardet seems the most invisible... Wouldn't be surprised to see a major attack from him on the final climb.

teepo

Aru attacked Froome three times. Took time twice and had to sit back the other time.

and there isn't much you could do either when attacking the sky train. year after year people criticize riders for not attacking sky enough. i don't think some people understand exactly what that train is

edit: gap is now 2:15...

Joni

Aru attacked Froome three times. Took time twice and had to sit back the other time.

He waited until he lost his entire team, then he himself attacked which caused him to face Froome and his team. Note that Froome today has not actually attacked yet and Aru already lost his team.

and there isn't much you could do either when attacking the sky train. year after year people criticize riders for not attacking sky enough. i don't think some people understand exactly what that train is

The Sky train will kill you in any case because they drive a murderous constant pace. The idea of attacking is forcing them to lose their pace. Having them either weaken themselves by having to keep switching up pace, or by creating aiming points. If Froome attacks, the position of his team mates is going to be interesting. Every time someone tried this the last years, it worked.

edit: gap is now 2:15...

Yep, it really is impressive.

Pretty close to the virtual yellow jersey.

Aru might have messed up.

teepo

so did quintana seriously just find his legs? i'm surprised he's been managing to hold this attack

he might be riding himself back into a peloton finish. the entire gc is looking weak af right now

Joni

It is also funny how the other teams help Astana. Louis Meintjes shouldn't be protecting his position, but his jersey and that one isn't in danger.

One of the Finnish commentators noted that Contador might have been suffering because of the length of the 200km stages, meaning he might be really strong today. Here's hoping!

Is it wrong that I really want to see Froome break? I mean it wont happen, but it would make the end of the race far more interesting.

Top Bottom