• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trade-In value for Zelda Collector's Discs

mosaic

go eat paint
I was just going through my 2003 great big box o' games and found copies of Zelda Ocarina of Time (& Master's Quest) for Game Cube [red label] and the Zelda Collector's Edition 4-in-1 disc for Game Cube [black label].

Anyone know how much trade-in credit these suckers fetch at EB Games or GameStop?

Looks like the peeps on eBay are paying a decent penny. I might just sacrifice them to the corporate gods to partially fund next week's Donkey Konga spree.

Tritroid

I don't understand why people still ask about trading in games to EB or Gamestop. Have the thousand+ stories of GAFers (and gamers in general for that matter) being raped financially taught you nothing?

Go with Ebay.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Ebay.

And use "Buy it Now", as those seem to go for more than no reserve auctions.

You should be able to ask-and-get $40+.

mosaic

go eat paint
Between eBay fees and taking the bother to ship them out, frankly, it's less of a chore to walk into a store front and go "I'd like to apply these to the cost of that."

I was asking out of curiosity, not out of an effort to squeeze the most outta them.

belgurdo

Banned
mosaic said:
Between eBay fees and taking the bother to ship them out, frankly, it's less of a chore to walk into a store front and go "I'd like to apply these to the cost of that."

I was asking out of curiosity, not out of an effort to squeeze the most outta them.

You'd rather lose $25 as opposed to $2 and gas/bus fare?

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
belgurdo said:
You'd rather lose $25 as opposed to $2 and gas/bus fare?

Yeah, I don't get that either.

But then, he could also just call these game stores and ask about the trade-in value himself.

Get off your lazy ass and get a good return on these, Mosaic. :)

Chrono

Banned
I bought the Zelda Collector's Disk for $49.99 on ebay. About $55 with shipping. :(

I could've got it for less except the guy I got it from runs an internet store and has thousands of good ratings. The other sellers were just other gamers selling "used" copies.

I have some games I'd like to sell on ebay but not having sold a single thing I doubt many would buy from me. It'd be pretty easy too to ship and everything since the local post office is a 2 minute walk from my place.

belgurdo

Banned
Chrono said:
I bought the Zelda Collector's Disk for $49.99 on ebay. About $55 with shipping. :(

I could've got it for less except the guy I got it from runs an internet store and has thousands of good ratings. The other sellers were just other gamers selling "used" copies.

I have some games I'd like to sell on ebay but not having sold a single thing I doubt many would buy from me. It'd be pretty easy too to ship and everything since the local post office is a 2 minute walk from my place.

Bolster your rating by buying/selling cheap shit first. That's what I did until I got a star, and people buy stuff off of me for about 45-85% retail on a regular basis as opposed to the 10-30% a newbie usually gets

Don't those discs have huge "NOT FOR RESALE" labels on them? If so, I wouldn't be suprised if it's because of that. EB/Gamestop buys them for $1 (or somethings just as cheap) used and sells them back for $40.

FortNinety said:
Don't those discs have huge "NOT FOR RESALE" labels on them? If so, I wouldn't be suprised if it's because of that. EB/Gamestop buys them for $1 (or somethings just as cheap) used and sells them back for $40.

exactly who would give out their copy for 1$?

FortNinety said:

Over in western canada, EBgames buys the zelda discs as if they were regular games (with an unusually respectable tradein value) - the no resale label means nothing to them. However, for something like the Colosseum bonus disc or the PS2 bundled ATV Offroad Fury 2, they point at the no resale and refuse to deal.

weehomer

I've got an extra copy of each GC Zelda game unopened. I've thought about selling them, but I might wait a bit. Thought they would've gone for more by now, but I guess not.

The "no resale" thing is there so that stores won't take out games from bundles and promotions and sell them seperately for full price. It has nothing to do with selling used games. I see Mario Sunshines with no resale on them in the used game section all the time.

Top Bottom