• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump administration seen as more truthful than news media: poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almighty

I am not surprised. This country is weighed down by some of the most willfully ignorant people on the planet. There is nothing you can do to breach their bubble and the best you can hope for is to turn out enough people, in the right states, to out vote them.

I am not holding out hope that will happen anytime soon no matter how bad the Republicans mess it up.

adj_noun

The Trump administration is more trusted than the news media among voters, according to a new Emerson College poll.

Oh, please. By who.
The numbers split along party lines, with nearly 9 in 10 Republicans saying the Trump administration is truthful

Pffft.

They're spitting on the alternative memory of Bowling Green.

JdFoX187

Banned
Republicans are nuts. My mother-in-law is the daughter of a Mexican immigrant who snuck into the country illegally and she and her daughter have both advocated for not only building the wall, but cracking down on illegal immigrants here and expanding the ban to include more countries. It's like, you're literally calling for your mother/grandmother to be deported from this country while you enjoy an upper middle class life that was given to you solely because of her actions. Nope, throw her ass out anyway! Fucking nuts. And the fact I'm a journalist and a Democrat has certainly caused some conflict during family get togethers.

spekkeh

Banned
"news media" is an awfully wide net though. Does that include infowars, faux news, conservative radio stations?

Why is it in every statistics thread we have people who don't understand what a representative sample is? This is high school stuff.

I'd hate to be the guy who, looking at all their options, chose politicians as their source of truth.

YOU LIVE IN A WORLD WHERE ALL HUMAN KNOWLEDGE IS AVAILABLE AT THE PUSH OF A BUTTON, AND YOU CHOSE A POLITICIAN.

cdyhybrid

How are you supposed to unite with and appeal to people who don't live in reality? This is why I laugh at people who say we just need to reach out to his voters. They are completely divorced from anything that doesn't fit their worldview.

Volimar

Why is it in every statistics thread we have people who don't understand what a representative sample is? This is high school stuff.

I think it's people's brains grasping at straws trying desperately not to have to confront the fact that there really are that many horrible people all around them.

Steel

Banned
Both sides are garbage but news media in general have been awful for many years already and getting worse. No winners here

The main problem with mainstream news media is focus(i.e. hit one story repeatedly for 24 hours a day), not a truthfulness thing. Trump and his administration just constantly straight-up lies.

APF

Polls like this aren't particularly useful because answers are more reflections of partisan identification than anything else. For as long as I've been alive--but certainly within the last 16 years--to be a Republican meant rejecting the validity of mainstream news.

Simpsons collar pull.gif

Other than perhaps Fox being lumped in with mainstream media, there's no look at this that isn't shit on a stick (provided sound methodology).

Hopefully countries see the stupidity at work before contracting the US's brain std.

adj_noun

How are you supposed to unite with and appeal to people who don't live in reality? This is why I laugh at people who say we just need to reach out to his voters. They are completely divorced from anything that doesn't fit their worldview.

And they're saying the same thing about us.

I don't know what could bring this country together again barring something terrible that rallies people around the flag.

Eh, I'm not panicking about likely voter polls just yet. I doubt they're representative *yet* of how voting is going to look as we move forwards.

If you're basing democratic turnout on the last two major elections, you aren't going to get anything close to how it's going to look in the next two.

UberTag

How do you reason with people that refuse to acknowledge objective facts? How do you convince people that see everything that disagrees with them as fake news?
They've lived all of their lives without the need for objective facts and simply believing what they're told in church every Sunday.
Why shouldn't they take that same approach with where they get their news or who they vote into government?

cdyhybrid

And they're saying the same thing about us.

I don't know what could bring this country together again barring something terrible that rallies people around the flag.
Yeah, except they are wrong and we aren't. Stop with the both sides bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom