• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump reportedly heading to Mar-a-Lago for third straight weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Trump reportedly heading to Mar-a-Lago for third straight weekend, obliterating campaign promise

On February 17, President Trump will head to his $200,000-per-membership Mar-a-Lago club in Palm Beach for the third consecutive weekend, according to the Palm Beach Post.

Each trip reportedly costs taxpayers upward of $3 million.

Trump’s reluctance to spend a weekend in Washington stands in contrast to what he promised during the campaign, when he said he’d “rarely leave the White House.”

“I would rarely leave the White House because there’s so much work to be done,” Trump told a reporter in 2015. “I would not be a president who took vacations. I would not be a president that takes time off… You don’t have time to take time off.”

Trump would argue that he’s working during his weekend getaways to Mar-a-Lago, but he might be doing more harm than good.

On Saturday, the president had to deal with an international crisis during a dinner with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, creating a situation where members of the club and wait staff were able to watch and listen in as the two heads of state grappled with matters of war and peace. Aides reportedly used their cell phones to illuminate sensitive documents on a dimly-lit terrace.

Earlier Saturday, Trump played golf with Abe — marking the second time he hit the links since his January 20 inauguration. Trump repeatedly criticized President Obama for golfing during his presidency:

Last month, the Trump Organization announced that initiation fees for Mar-a-Lago membership were doubling to $200,000. For that price, members get access to the president, including the opportunity to take selfies with senior White House staff.

Shadybiz

This will be the standard going forward, and it's amazing that people might be surprised by this. I mean, aside from signing a few executive orders that he probably didn't read, he took the first weekend in office off.

Fuchsdh

This presidency's version of clearing brush.

Bush spending time in Crawford is nothing compared to this. Trump is literally running a side business while president banking on him showing up to his stupid club so assholes, idiots, or opportunists will pay more money.

Bush is looking better every single day next to this guy.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
the Trump Organization announced that initiation fees for Mar-a-Lago membership were doubling to $200,000. For that price, members get access to the president, including the opportunity to take selfies with senior White House staff.

lol

antonz

Selfies like this. hey everybody this guy has the Nuclear football!!!!!!!!!
C4jtUCmWEAATGhD.jpg

Beyond being unethical, how is this not illegal?!

Last month, the Trump Organization announced that initiation fees for Mar-a-Lago membership were doubling to $200,000. For that price, members get access to the president, including the opportunity to take selfies with senior White House staff.

Linkura

My husband has a good point: The more time Trump spends fucking off, the less time he is fucking things up for the rest of the country. But he's doing official business there, like bringing Abe along with him last weekend, and that's fucking disturbing.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Each trip reportedly costs taxpayers upward of $3 million.

Any moment GOP. You gave shit for obama taking a vacation to india that cost for 400k but nothing on this man taking WEEKLY trips that cost 3 million per trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom