• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump reportedly heading to Mar-a-Lago for third straight weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonz

Maybe his Mar-A-Lago trips are where he communicates with Russia? He probably figures the white house is wire tapped.

Here is one source that goes over it all in broad strokes.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2017/1/5/1617288/-Is-Dmitry-Rybolovlev-Putin-s-Secret-Courier

And for added timing. As Trump and Staff left Florida to head back to Washington.

M-Kate left Miami back to Europe. Which can be seen right here
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/MKATE

Dmitry Rybolovlev does seem to show up in places where Trump and his team show up. North Carolina and Vegas during the Election. This past weekend he arrived in Florida after trump did and left just after Trump did.

Funneling taxpayer money to his businesses, monetising the role of the President, paying for access... please tell me, Americans - how is this even legal? This is corruption, plain as day.

We are all getting woke on how powerless the law actually is. We've been coasting on the honor system this whole time.

antonz

We are all getting woke on how powerless the law actually is. We've been coasting on the honor system this whole time.

Indeed. in many ways the Founders left a lot to the honor system. Politicians were supposed to be average citizens who would serve for a short time before going back to their lives. Washington set the stage for how long a President should serve etc.

I sincerely hope that if we ever get a Democratic congress + President, they take the bullet and pass actual laws about this shit. Now that we have a fucking parasite in the White House the federal government needs to start actually caulking the damn place.

Dmitry Rybolovlev does seem to show up in places where Trump and his team show up. North Carolina and Vegas during the Election. This past weekend he arrived in Florida after trump did and left just after Trump did.

Hopefully NSA, CIA, etc can put the pieces together. Rogue POTUS staff Twitter says whoever replaces Flynn will also be conduit to Russia. Plus just having Flynn resign doesn't mean he can't still tell Trump what to do.

UberTag

On February 17, President Trump will head to his $200,000-per-membership Mar-a-Lago club in Palm Beach for the third consecutive weekend, according to the Palm Beach Post.

Each trip reportedly costs taxpayers upward of $3 million.
This will be the standard going forward, and it's amazing that people might be surprised by this. I mean, aside from signing a few executive orders that he probably didn't read, he took the first weekend in office off.
Let me do some quick math.

$3 million a trip/week x 208 weeks = $624 million

And then you add up all of those 200K memberships for all of Trump's fans as he puts himself on display every Saturday... man, that's one lucrative zoo exhibit.

Maybe his Mar-A-Lago trips are where he communicates with Russia? He probably figures the white house is wire tapped.
They meet on the golf course when the press pool is relegated to their garbage bag prison. Dmitry has an impressive handicap.

Nokterian

No stamina. Sad!

Like is anyone surprised anymore? He is 70 years old, he doesn't have the capability to work 20 hours a day because he is tired really fast and never work hard in his entire life. He will die sooner or later, i don't like to say it but this will be the end of him.

Link

The Autumn Wind
No stamina. Sad!

Like is anyone surprised anymore? He is 70 years old, he doesn't have the capability to work 20 hours a day because he is tired really fast and never work hard in his entire life. He will die sooner or later, i don't like to say it but this will be the end of him.
And nothing of value will be lost.

UberTag

Hopefully NSA, CIA, etc can put the pieces together. Rogue POTUS staff Twitter says whoever replaces Flynn will also be conduit to Russia. Plus just having Flynn resign doesn't mean he can't still tell Trump what to do.
I'm sure Flynn will make random Mar-A-Lago visits to hit the links with Donny on the weekends Rybolovlev is tied up.

Trey

It's extremely powerful. But it's also slow, especially when it comes to positions of power such as the President. Remember, the entire Republican Party is shielding him - turns out Congress is pretty powerful, too.

Zaph

I bet all his properties are utterly compromised by foreign intelligence assets on staff. There's no way Secret Service has vetted the hundreds of employees.

Monocle

Weak! Low energy! Huge drain on hardworking taxpayers! Bad example for our troops abroad & patriots back home!

Sad.

wtf am i reading in this thread..

lemme get this straight, you can pay 200k to get access to the President of America in his luxurious club, and hang out with the dude who carries the fucking nuclear code briefcase?

i.. surely THIS is fake news? way too absurd..

jelly

What a joke, lining his own pockets as well as wasting tax payers money.

Is there by any chance his Russian handler or communication point at this resort?

Fuck him, the GOP for being spineless, his supporters, and the assholes who didn't vote or voted 3rd party ran than vote for the candidate with a chance of winning that could prevent this.

disco

As someone in the UK - this is just so tacky. To invite the President of Japan to your Las Vegas'ified wannabe Villa D'Este on a formal state visit whilst members of the 'club' going public dine around you. Absolutely awful. Have some decency, privacy is the most valued luxury in this modern world. The photos make it look like an absolute mess. This man has no decorum. An absolute waste of flesh, blood and water.

WedgeX

Banned
So he's going to miss the Not My President Day march? That's a shame.

So he gets to pump more money into his properties while getting to avoid all the DC protests. Pretty Convenient for him.

Malyse

XNiDjDt.png

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Last month, the Trump Organization announced that initiation fees for Mar-a-Lago membership were doubling to $200,000. For that price, members get access to the president, including the opportunity to take selfies with senior White House staff.

Hey isn't this what they gave Hillary a ton of shit over. Except, you know, she was actually speaking at conferences and shit and this is literally a meet and greet??

That glass house can't be left standing for very long can it? Lol

The Orange One.

The worlds most expensive zoo animal in the world.

Tickets to the exhibit starts at $200,000. What a bargain!

Wanna make an orangutang joke, but that would be overly cruel for actual orangutangs

Malyse

Hey isn't this what they gave Hillary a ton of shit over. Except, you know, she was actually speaking at conferences and shit and this is literally a meet and greet??

That glass house can't be left standing for very long can it? Lol

Quick question: how has trump affected you personally?

Donald-Trump-Easy-D-tweet.jpg

Not my pic. Fuck following that guy.

le.phat

Easy D is a little low on E it seems. Better hide away with the rest of your flabby white friends while the world looks forward to another weekend full of schadenfreude and embarrassments from the 'leaders of the free world'.

Let me get this straight. Our President owns this property, and travels there by his choice at a cost of $3m per weekend or whatever to U.S. taxpayers. That $3m is revenue for his business (or even, say, a quarter of it - there's lots of other costs involved).

That alone doesn't sit right with me.

On top of that, he doubles initiation fees right when he's inaugurated.

You couldn't be more transparently making money through your business and through the Presidency.

How the fuck is this allowed?? Did President GW Bush get a check from the U.S. when staff stayed at Crawford Ranch?

I generally don't find complaints about presidential trips/vacations very compelling. It's not like they're actually off from work, they just bring it with them. Trump is a hypocrite about it, but it's just one of a thousand ways he's a phony.

HOWEVER, that was before dumb shit started happening like restaurant security responses, and paid Trump club members taking pictures with the nuclear football. He's raised the bar.

shiba5

Let me get this straight. Our President owns this property, and travels there by his choice at a cost of $3m per weekend or whatever to U.S. taxpayers. That $3m is revenue for his business (or even, say, a quarter of it - there's lots of other costs involved).

That alone doesn't sit right with me.

On top of that, he doubles initiation fees right when he's inaugurated.

You couldn't be more transparently making money through your business and through the Presidency.

How the fuck is this allowed?? Did President GW Bush get a check from the U.S. when staff stayed at Crawford Ranch?

It's allowed because the GOP are a bunch of craven, hypocritical shitbags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom