• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump reportedly heading to Mar-a-Lago for third straight weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

painey

so apparently Obama golfed 306 times in his 8 years, which is crazy. Crazier still is Woodrow Wilson is supposed to have played around 1,200 rounds! Must have been a lot more leisure time without 24 hr news cycles

I honestly think we elected the worst President in this nation's history. That collection of tweets criticizing Obama's leisure time is disgusting, considering how this man is going to be spending the next four (or eight) years.

duckroll

Last month, the Trump Organization announced that initiation fees for Mar-a-Lago membership were doubling to $200,000. For that price, members get access to the president, including the opportunity to take selfies with senior White House staff.

I don't give a fuck about him taking vacations because the world is probably safer when he's not around anyway, but how the FUCK is this legal?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Wasn't he one of those people that hammered on Obama for taking his one vacation a year?

I'm not sure if it was a year but yea he did. He went after a vacation obama that cost tax payers 400k and he bitched about it and so did the gop

I don't give a fuck about him taking vacations because the world is probably safer when he's not around anyway, but how the FUCK is this legal?
You think that's rich? I don't think we've seen anything yet

In trump tower they even tried to use the Secret service protection as a perk

Azuran

Banned
Each trip reportedly costs taxpayers upward of $3 million.

This is a non-issue because he's bringing back all of those jobs he promised!

3 million a week is nothing when everyone will be making 200k a month.

Link

The Autumn Wind
And not one of his deplorables will give a shit. They'll even defend it and harass anyone that questions Dear Leader. There's no way I'm making it through four years of this.

This is a non-issue because he's bringing back all of those jobs he promised!

3 million a week is nothing when everyone will be making 200k a month.

~Half a billion in 4 years just from the weekends...If the dude was fake billionaire before he will be one after office (if he makes it 4)

remz

I used to go back and visit my parents on weekends when I didn't like my roomates and job. trump not liking the wh?

Ominym

Banned
I think Trump might not have the stamina to be President. After all, the king of projection himself said that about Clinton. So it must be his issue.

Last month, the Trump Organization announced that initiation fees for Mar-a-Lago membership were doubling to $200,000. For that price, members get access to the president, including the opportunity to take selfies with senior White House staff.
How is this shit right here legal?

Ponn

Banned
They need to keep a running tally on the ballooning secret service costs this orange turd and his family is racking up and passing on to taxpayers.

Obama spent $85 million on vacations. At this rate Trump will surpass him in year one!

And before others ask, I think the Obama's spent too much money on vacations, yes even over 8 years.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

The definition of pay-to-play.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
With all the vacations and executive orders, I think he's going to eclipse what Obama did in 8 years by month 4.

Dragbolt

Funneling taxpayer money to his businesses, monetising the role of the President, paying for access... please tell me, Americans - how is this even legal? This is corruption, plain as day.

Maximus.

Funneling taxpayer money to his businesses, monetising the role of the President, paying for access... please tell me, Americans - how is this even legal? This is corruption, plain as day.

Because those who can stop him are not stepping up to do it.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Trump has stiff competition with vacation days compared to Bush. We will see if he can do it.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

If the president does it, it's not illegal.

JVIDICAN

So how much of that $3 million is going to his club? Im guessing we're paying for his secret service and staff accommodations lol

Hillary was the corrupt one, always using the Clinton Global Initiative to funnel money into her pockets. Trump is a legitimate businessman!

I take it NYC told him not to go there every weekend right? I remember that being a hot topic a few months ago about how his trips there would fuck up the city due to security.

turmoil

Banned
I honestly think we elected the worst President in this nation's history. That collection of tweets criticizing Obama's leisure time is disgusting, considering how this man is going to be spending the next four (or eight) years.

He hasn't a Irak or Vietnam under his belt - yet

Xe4

Banned
The less time he spends in the White House, the better. But yes, Trump profiting off his presidency by having people pay his buisnesses is shady as fuuuuuckkk.

He's gonna head there every single weekend. It's win-win for him.

1) Vacay
2) He makes money literally every time he's there
3) He can shove the media in small rooms and tape black plastic on the windows, what he wants to do every single day in DC.

He'd do his entire administration there if he could.

Amalthea

Banned
So is he going to lock the journalists into a room every time he goes there?

If I was a reporter I'd hide a drone in the bushes somwhere and film with it while being locked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom