• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 196 Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz |OT| Fook The Belt feat. Ninja Shit & Touch Butt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallach

I don't even like McGregor that much but it's crazy to call him out for tapping. Diaz had his back, flattened out and a fully locked in rear naked, and that was after he got put on the ground by getting his head beat in. Unless you want to sound like... well, like Nick Diaz in your early thirties you fucking tap.

nib95

Banned
He was already hurt and would have got knocked out. Nate has iron jaw and would have beat him either way.

No chance. You could see Diaz was hurting, especially on the cut which Conor kept poking. If Conor simply kept picking at him patiently he'd have been done. That one connect that rocked Conor, that he should have had his hands up for, just took it out of him. After that it was game over. It wasn't a lucky shot, but Conor was sloppy to let it connect. I mean, it wasnt exactly subtle or stealthy.

scabro

what did you think of Conor losing tonight?
20f224.gif

Dmented

Banned
I gained some respect for Conor this fight. Dude is def. legit in my eyes. Yes he lost to a less than 2 week trained Nate Diaz but prior to that he was lighting his ass up (in a weight class higher than he normally fights at). No ones unbeatable but more training and more experience makes better fighters. I can absolutely see him continuing to be a force in the UFC.

With that said, I did not expect Nate to win but really wanted him to. Good fucking job Nate!

SRTtoZ

I'm glad Conor lost but he was busting Nate up pretty good. Conor was throwing too many bombs that didn't land and ended up gassing in the 2nd, good for Nate though, well deserved.

No chance. You could see Diaz was hurting, especially on the cut which Conor kept poking. If Conor simply kept picking at him patiently he'd have been done. That one connect that rocked Conor, that he should have had his hands up for, just took it out of him. After that it was game over. It wasn't a lucky shot, but Conor was sloppy to let it connect. I mean, it wasnt exactly subtle or stealthy.

Nate was going to win by tko or sub. Conor was shooting for TDs cuz he was getting lit up on the feet.

I gained some respect for Conor this fight. Dude is def. legit in my eyes. Yes he lost to a less than 2 week trained Nate Diaz but prior to that he was lighting his ass up (in a weight class higher than he normally fights at). No ones unbeatable but more training and more experience makes better fighters. I can absolutely see him continuing to be a force in the UFC.

He's very good but all the hype was premature.

You have to do it for a long time before you should get that type of props.

BadAss2961

No denial, just stating facts. Conor is the better boxer as his left hand was tagging Diaz all night.

Diaz winning doesn't prove your statement correct at all.
Nah, Diaz is the better boxer. Conor's just faster. A lot faster.

They basically had a kickboxing match which Diaz won.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Conor's style is most effective when he's the bigger fighter. Today he got a lesson on why weight classes exist.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Diaz better not fail any of the drug tests (for weed, of course). It would suck if this beating was changed to a NC, even if it really wouldn't change the fact that McGregor got choked out.

see5harp

My bro had money on both upsets and came up big. Man if you had the parlay you probably could have won a grand for the price of a six pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom