• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 207 Rondo Rousey vs Amanda Nunes |OT| No Love & NO MORE QUESTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cordy

Banned
C0_ATyvXEAA92ac.jpg

i cant breathe

Her Hollywood career is over based on the fact she is a God awful actor. At least someone like the Rock became competent and was always personable

All Ronda has to do in the WWE is go over on Steph (which I fully believe Steph would let happen) then she would be more over than any of the women on the main roster instantly. It really wouldn't take much. You all are giving the main WWE audience too much credit.

Might as well just call her Ronda Reigns. Main event talent for years.

mreddie

Honestly, I'd put Curano above Rousey for the simple fact Curano actually fought some decent competition and when she did lose against Cyborg it a decent fight. This was just...wow.

The big problem is Cyborg is known to be dirty. She wanted to end Gina and the hype but was she clean when she did it?

RedAssedApe

Banned
Gina Curano 2.0

"She deserves respect for bringing female MMA."

She fucking beat either fluff or not ready for primetime. She was given the easiest opponents and once someone notable came, she got exposed and took a year off when others get back on their feet on just a few months.

She got exposed.

The Hooters here actually erupted in laughter. That's a first.

That's kind of an insult to Carano. At least Carano put up a decent fight against cyborg. Gotta give her props for that.

Now they can compete against each other for the role of female henchman and who is the worst actor.

vypek

Have there been a lot of post fight interviews yet? Saw TJ for a second I think. Who else spoke? Did Dana make any speech or anything?

mreddie

That's kind of an insult to Carano. At least Carano put up a decent fight against cyborg. Gotta give her props for that.

Now they can compete against each other for the role of female henchman and who is the worst actor.

Gina already won, she was in Fast 6 for pretty much the whole movie, Ronda only got 3 minute in 7.

All Ronda has to do in the WWE is go over on Steph (which I fully believe Steph would let happen) then she would be more over than any of the women on the main roster instantly. It really wouldn't take much. You all are giving the main WWE audience too much credit.

Might as well just call her Ronda Reigns. Main event talent for years.

Unless she's only interested in a Mayweather knocking our Big Show type one off, it won't last. The first time she fumbles on the mic (and she will) the crowds will eat her alive.

NYR

Bork is a fantastic wrestler and seller, but he started the wwe in his early 20s and started in OVW to hone the craft. I doubt Ronda would be willing to do that.

Yes, but he has put in zero effort into marketing and charisma. His biggest phrase since coming back was a hot mic moment saying "suplex city bitch". He can't sell a match outside of a stare down or a beat down.

Maoyama

Banned
You can't blame the coach when the fighter doesn't listen

If the coach hasnt taught proper footwork, head movement or aproaches to the clinch then there is nothing to do in the fight.

Edmond calls for a clinch and Ronda tries to grab Nunes arms but gets punched in the face.

Edmond calls for movement, Ronda stumbles around the cage like shes always done.

He calls for a head grab and Ronda does a naked attemp at just grabbing Nunes head, no setup or deception. She just went for it.

ironcreed

Banned
This might be the biggest flash in the pan I have yet seen in my 40 years on this planet. I mean, I knew she was going to get her ass beat and that big money would be made on her retirement, but I had no idea that she would go down so hard. I gave her at least until the second round, which turned out to be generous indeed. God damn.

Bork is a fantastic wrestler and seller, but he started the wwe in his early 20s and started in OVW to hone the craft. I doubt Ronda would be willing to do that.

Bolded is the only thing I disagree on. If you watched the fight Ronda could sell the fuck out of a hit. Hell, she turns a pinkish red per hit.

If you listen the to the Edmond audio feed, she basically ignored everything he said. Kept telling her to move her head and clench and she didn't listen.

This isn't about Edmond anymore - Ronda has been exposed.

Edmund is absolutely still to blame. Who do you think she trained with for that entire year? Yet she still showed no sign of improvement. The fault is on both of them. Edward sucks and Rousey is too stubborn to leave him. I'm not going to credit Edmund for giving her the most basic corner advice you can give a fighter.

If the coach hasnt taught proper footwork, head movement or aproaches to the clinch then there is nothing to do in the fight.

Edmond calls for a clinch and Ronda tries to grab Nunes arms but gets punched in the face.

Edmond calls for movement, Ronda stumbles around the cage like shes always done.

He calls for a head grab and Ronda does a naked attemp at just grabbing Nunes head, no setup or deception. She just went for it.

learning these skills take time.. Rousey is too one-dimensional to learn anything new.

Yes, but he has put in zero effort into marketing and charisma. His biggest phrase since coming back was a hot mic moment saying "suplex city bitch". He can't sell a match outside of a stare down or a beat down.

Charisma is not just mic work and promos. Brock has great charisma and personality in the ring. Some of the stuff he does is probably underrated in this regard.

The Beard

If you listen the to the Edmond audio feed, she basically ignored everything he said. Kept telling her to move her head and clench and she didn't listen.

This isn't about Edmond anymore - Ronda has been exposed.

Nah.

Edmond takes a good chunk of the blame here. Her defense was absolute dogshit. She couldn't block/dodge a punch to save her life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom