• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 207 Rondo Rousey vs Amanda Nunes |OT| No Love & NO MORE QUESTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kacho

Gold Member
4gYZIzL.gif

This looks like someone who has never even been hit before trying to fight in the UFC for the very first time. That is how bad it is.

Yup. Pretty much what Luke Thomas was saying on his post fight show. What makes this so bad is the hype behind her. Yeah the UFC and Ronda made a boat load of money but yikes, not a good look.

GhaleonEB

January 1
z562KfH.jpg

December 31
CiXsqMS.gif

I scrolled to the point where the .gif only showed the bottom half, from their waist down, and it tells as much of a story as the full image. From the stances, it looks like someone going to town on one of those inflatable punching stand-ups. Which isn't too far from the mark.

kaiju

I never liked Ronda, but I still was 100% sure she was winning this early.

Still, the way she lost is just sad as fuck.

Fucking embarrassed even worse than last time.

No way, it doesn't get any more embarrassing than this:

giphy.gif

NYR

No way, it doesn't get any more embarrassing than this:

giphy.gif

Nope. This fight was worse, she didn't even throw a punch, at least the Holm fight you can make an argument she wasn't ready for a fist fight or was distracted or at least hit a bit. 207 was one of the worst showings of all time, it will go down as one of the most one sided beat downs ever.

Nope. This fight was worse, she didn't even throw a punch, at least the Holm fight you can make an argument she wasn't ready for a fist fight or was distracted or at least hit a bit. 207 was one of the worst showings of all time, it will go down as one of the most one sided beat downs ever.

The best you can say for Rousey and this is reaching is that she finished the fight standing but it was way worse indeed and she would have been knocked out cold had Herb not rightfully stopped it.

The Beard

Any fighter who ever trains with Edmund after these past 2 shit shows is OUT OF THEIR MINDS.

That corner advice / screaming. Good fucking lord

Keep in mind she made 500k+ with PPV tonight but yeah she should get a pay increase after Rousey. 200k+200k might be next

At minimum 150k+150k will happen

Edmund is career suicide.

Nunes' purse will be bigger for sure, but her overall income for the fight might actually be smaller than tonight's, unless she gets put on another big card. If she's headlining a shit card like 208, her PPV cut will be nowhere near what it was tonight. She's nowhere near being a draw on her own yet, regardless of how hard the UFC promotes her.

N° 2048

TJ vs Cody is going to be SO HYPE. I can't get over it. Maybe my most anticipated match up

I can't wait for this fight, my god.

Agree, she learned absolutely nothing from the Holm fight.

I respect Dom Cruz so god damn much for his post fight press convo. He flat out admitted that was him at his best and he got outworked. So many other fighters would say they were injured / they had personal life problems. Cruz manned the fuck up and just said, hey dude Cody legit beat me.

Your a good ass dude Dom

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
Ronda's wins were always in the clinch. In this fight she made a very meager attempt to clinch but Nunes broke it easily. What did they do the entire camp? Stand up fighting for ego purposes?

I feel for her because I know she has mental issues and this could break her.

kaiju

It happened so fast I forgot she didn't do shit in this fight. Good point.

ironcreed

Banned
Yup. Pretty much what Luke Thomas was saying on his post fight show. What makes this so bad is the hype behind her. Yeah the UFC and Ronda made a boat load of money but yikes, not a good look.

Not a good look at all. But again, they made a shit load, which is the point. Her heart was never in a comeback and they knew she was done. They paid her a pile for this last hurrah, and those perceptive enough to pick up on how this bullshit works capitalized. Including Vegas on the dark side, FACT.

Chumley

Banned
I respect Dom Cruz so god damn much for his post fight press convo. He flat out admitted that was him at his best and he got outworked. So many other fighters would say they were injured / they had personal life problems. Cruz manned the fuck up and just said, hey dude Cody legit beat me.

Your a good ass dude Dom

Yeah, dude is legit. I don't want an instant rematch though like Cody says he wants, give it to TJ and give Dom someone else.

I'm not even laughing at Ronda losing, the writing on the wall was there a long time ago when she kept Edmond and the rest of the yes men on her payroll.

Levito

Banned
Ninja Scooter is right, Nunes did exactly what she needed to do to get popular tonight.

I disagree. She had over a year to improve and yet she came out looking even worse than before.

Her coach is a snakeoil salesmen. If Ronda had gone to a gym like Tristar, she would've been WAAAAAAAY better. All of Edmund's fighters are getting starched lately.

Yeah, dude is legit. I don't want an instant rematch though like Cody says he wants, give it to TJ and give Dom someone else.

I think Cody is just offering that up as a sign of respect for Dom considering how long Cruz has reigned over the division. But yes, 100% agree TJ vs Cody is the next fight to make, and it will be fucking crazy

selo

I like Amanda, but she keeps saying "[something something] like a lioness", kinda irks me/makes me cringe, heh.

Ninja Scooter is right, Nunes did exactly what she needed to do to get popular tonight.

Her coach is a snakeoil salesmen. If Ronda had gone to a gym like Tristar, she would've been WAAAAAAAY better. All of Edmund's fighters are getting starched lately.

her mother told her to join another gym but she didn't listen.

Ronda's wins were always in the clinch. In this fight she made a very meager attempt to clinch but Nunes broke it easily. What did they do the entire camp? Stand up fighting for ego purposes?

I feel for her because I know she has mental issues and this could break her.

This.

She has a very long way to go on the striking side but her ground game is where she is the strongest.

Why she and her camp insisted on striking is beyond me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom