• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 207 Rondo Rousey vs Amanda Nunes |OT| No Love & NO MORE QUESTIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levito

Banned
Holy cow how do you not love Nunes? she's throwing shade at Edmond right now.

After all the pre-fight build up ignoring her, she deserves to be snarky as all fuck.

Chesskid1

Banned
saw someone mention paige vs ronda as a good fight, and i remember paige said she would do it if ronda met her in the middle a few months ago. i am definitely intrigued by that matchup.

Nunes is right though. Edmond is a fucking fraud and Rousey was a fool for staying loyal to him.

Had she been with Greg Jackson or Tristar she very well may have been able to win this fight.

Kacho

Gold Member
I just hope Nunes brings some stability to the women's bantamweight division. The revolving champion thing, while fun to watch, was beginning to get annoying.

Ninja Scooter is right, Nunes did exactly what she needed to do to get popular tonight.

Her coach is a snakeoil salesmen. If Ronda had gone to a gym like Tristar, she would've been WAAAAAAAY better. All of Edmund's fighters are getting starched lately.

Agreed. Edmund is a fraud. Even Rousey's mother tried to tell her.

Levito

Banned
saw someone mention paige vs ronda as a good fight, and i remember paige said she would do it if ronda met her in the middle a few months ago. i am definitely intrigued by that matchup.

The fuck? That's a terrible match up. Ronda is way the fuck bigger than Paige.

Garbage.

I just hope Nunes brings some stability to the women's bantamweight division. The revolving champion thing, while fun to watch, was beginning to get annoying.

I agree. I went from a non fan (found her personality boring) to a big fan tonight. I like this talk the truth / talk shit Nunes. And frankly no one else at Women's 135 is really all that interesting.

Women's 115 is a far better division

Ninja Scooter is right, Nunes did exactly what she needed to do to get popular tonight.

Her coach is a snakeoil salesmen. If Ronda had gone to a gym like Tristar, she would've been WAAAAAAAY better. All of Edmund's fighters are getting starched lately.

But to keep it she needs people to fight too. I still don't think people will care much now that she doesn't have big names to fight. Her vs Pena isn't going to draw a huge crowd.

Rur0ni

TJ looked good, granted he was fighting someone who really had no leverage, strength, or reach on him. I expect him to throw some heat with Cody.

Cody looked really good after Cruz got opened up in the 3rd, otherwise I was certain he was going to be out-decisioned. Cruz is the type of guy to really analyze things well and improve so I expect him to come back from this barring no injuries, he's only 31, still a few years in the tank.

Ronda looked like she experienced PTSD when she got hit. Like she was a deer frozen in headlights after the initial exchange, then she was wobbly and was kinda out on her feet (like she bounced from being off balance) well before the final few strikes along the fence. Left the cage immediately, she's done. Taking her monies and running.

And finally, great post-conference by Cruz just a bit ago. Owned his loss completely.

N° 2048

Cody said on FS1 that he is giving Cruz the rematch because he sticks to his word and TJ will have to wait on the sidelines and beat up some other guys.

Interesting.

ironcreed

Banned
Nunes is right though. Edmond is a fucking fraud and Rousey was a fool for staying loyal to him.

Had she been with Greg Jackson or Tristar she very well may have been able to win this fight.

She never stood a chance, she is done in the UFC and you should accept that she is going to retire. Sill don't believe me? Wait and see, I guess.

She never stood a chance, she is done in the UFC and you should accept that she is going to retire. Sill don't believe me? Wait and see, I guess.

I already called Ronda retiring with either a win or a loss a while ago bruh :)
I think I'm a lot more connected to the game than peeps realize :)

PR_rambo

Banned
Remember how some of these goobers said she could beat Floyd Mayweather JR?
Fucking morons.

She certainly is better at gathering these Ls though.

Levito

Banned
But to keep it she needs people to fight too. I still don't think people will care much now that she doesn't have big names to fight. Her vs Pena isn't going to draw a huge crowd.

Of course, she's not going to be a giant star, but she's marketable. A likable terminator lady and also the first queer Champion in MMA.

Also, that cold *ssssshh* she did to the crowd and Edmond? She gets it.

Fitts

Just woke up. (and am going back to sleep). Couldn't watch due to work.

Read that Cody got outstruck every round and won, but I know stats can be deceiving. Anyone want to give their quick take on the fight? Was the decision controversial?

Also, bye Ronda.

Yeah, I like Pena a lot. I think she could make a name for herself given the right situation but as of now barely anybody knows her, I feel.

Real down to earth. She is a badass. I remember when I met her for the first time it was shortly after her knee injury and I tried to dodge it (as I'm sure she got a ton of questions on it) and out of nowhere she's like "Dude want to feel my scar?!"

I was like hey, if you want to me to check it out sure I guess. She was so positive after having her career in legit jeopardy. She's a badass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom