• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Late to the Par-uk-y :

Where do you live: Tokyo , Japan
Where are you from: Whitehaven, Cumbria, England
University: Liverpool John Moores
Sports team of choice:
Rugby League : Whitehaven
Football : Ipswich Town
Speedway : Workington Comets

Current political party of choice: They all suck , but i guess Labour (?)
Barm, batch, cob or bun: Spanner in the works - cumbrians call them : tea cake.
Favourite (current) UK TV show: no idea, don't watch anything - i guess Black Mirror? Pass.
Oasis or Blur: Puressence ;)

I'm heading back to the UK for 2.5 weeks pretty soon, last time i was there was a visit for a funeral so my last actual real vacation there was about 4 years ago. What shocks can i expect?

My biggest shock last time was how expensive everything has got and how there's basically no service. Particularly impressed in London where in one branch of boots the cashier managed to serve me without saying a single word and without making eye contact (including an hilarious finger point to the price displayed on the till to let me know how much i owed).

So what fun and games await me? :)

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
waiting on

Dvi to VGA CABLE (to rig up a second screen)

ephedrine pills to workout / listen to music (when mixed with caffeine on both accounts)

a copy of rage.

fucking mail man better hurry his overpaid ass up.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
So what fun and games await me? :)

None to be honest, just an even bigger bumblefuck government, everyone hates each other and cunts like Cher Lloyd manage to be famous. And everything's 30% more expensive than your last visit.

GflG1.jpg

God damnit, Sainsbury's just rejected me. Thought the interview went pretty damn well and everything. Ah well :(

Know I should never get my hopes up about actually getting a job, but I felt good about this one :(

SmokyDave

God damnit, Sainsbury's just rejected me. Thought the interview went pretty damn well and everything. Ah well :(

Know I should never get my hopes up about actually getting a job, but I felt good about this one :(

Ah, shit man. That's shit.

You know what they say about getting back on the horse though....

Meteorain

This overcast grey gloom of the sky and the rain are really big motivators for work today.....

I want to go home :(

Also can anyone from London confirm if your oyster is supposed to max out at £5 a day if you're using the underground?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
guys still wear wedding rings? My dad used to when I was a kid but not anymore. He did spend a lot of time outside the house working....

Before I got married I didn't think I would give a shit, but I really like wearing my wedding ring. It's not just a ring, it means and represents something really important to me. I've only forgotten to wear it once or twice in the last year, and I feel naked without it on.

It's only a cheap £30 argos jobbie too. Fuck spending serious money on jewlery for myself. The cheapness makes it mean more to me though.

This overcast grey gloom of the sky and the rain are really big motivators for work today.....

I want to go home :(

Also can anyone from London confirm if your oyster is supposed to max out at £5 a day if you're using the underground?

£7, I think but that's for zones one and two off peak.

Suairyu

Banned
Barely even started mu contract and already I'm thinking about how I can transfer to the London offices in the coming year.

Aaaaaaaah! Isn't that lovely.

(I'm shopping for an engagement ring for the missus this weekend).
Ooooh SmokyDave! You have to take some photos and share your process with us. This is exciting - the patron saint of Man-GAF giving the ring!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I have a £1.99 burger and chips voucher and a instant win apple pie. Hope I can use them together.

SmokyDave

Ooooh SmokyDave! You have to take some photos and share your process with us. This is exciting - the patron saint of Man-GAF giving the ring!

I already know roughly what ring I want and roughly how much I want to spend, now it's a question of marrying the two. Looking for a half-carat diamond solitaire in a high setting, the band I'd like to be 9ct white gold, plain but tapered toward the setting. Budget is £0-£1000.

This looks like a champ but I want to peruse my local jewel merchants before I make any solid decisions.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You could try Hatton Garden. I'm not a jewellery man but surely you want to see and try the ring before you buy it.

SmokyDave

Hitting that £0 price point will require some muscle.

You ain't seen me in a miniskirt and slingbacks. The Mr Magoo at my local jewellers will be bending over backwards to accommodate my needs.

You could try Hatton Garden. I'm not a jewellery man but surely you want to see and try the ring before you buy it.
Nah, I'm pretty good at this sorta thing. I can buy clothes and shoes for the missus without running into any pitfalls, a ring will be easy. Besides, I already internalised every comment she ever made about engagement rings so I'm tailoring one to her tastes.

SmokyDave

Kentpaul

finally rigged another screen up to my set up.

shit is going to take alot getting used to.

f0rk

I lost my wallet and the place I bought lunch is closed. I had to call the Po Po and the bank to cancel my debit card and now I have no money till Friday.

Kentpaul

I lost my wallet and the place I bought lunch is closed. I had to call the Po Po and the bank to cancel my debit card and now I have no money till Friday.

Money is overrated. I advise you watch a show from start to finish or start a video game (I'l be starting rage soon)

How can you loose a wallet? Fuck the thought of my leather wallet touching the floor or anywhere for that matter that's not my hands or jeans pockets.

f0rk

give you a tenner if you give me a cheeky handjob.

My german house mate already gave me one so I'm good there thanks.

Money is overrated. I advise you watch a show from start to finish or start a video game (I'l be starting rage soon)

How can you loose a wallet? Fuck the thought of my leather wallet touching the floor or anywhere for that matter that's not my hands or jeans pockets.

I don't know :/ I'm hoping I put it down on a table and forgot to pick it up at the place I got lunch today and they'll have it. There was only a fiver and some pound coins but having to get another driving license and N.I card will be a pain.

Kentpaul

My german house mate already gave me one so I'm good there thanks.

I don't know :/ I'm hoping I put it down on a table and forgot to pick it up at the place I got lunch today and they'll have it. There was only a fiver and some pound coins but having to get another driving license and N.I card will be a pain.

why do you carry your NI card ?

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Krispy Kreme is opening soon in my nearby shoppingtard centre. What is this kreeping Americanisation? The doughnuts are like eating sugarcubes!

"A MATCH MADE IN HEAVEN
Two scrummy dougnuts and
your choice of regular coffee for
£4.25"

2 lardbombs and a drink for shy of a fiver? What a steal!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
One Krispy Kreme = £One Gazzilon

Supermarket own brand = 5 for £1.20 or something like that.

If someone bought a box a KK and offered me one I would feel guilty taking one. I wouldn't dare take anything other than a glazed.

Kentpaul

Can't wait till the op is unbanned. The thread will be become untacky once he is unbanned.

Can you imagine if I showed a friend this thread and he seen the op was banned ? Fucking shit would look tacky. Totally ruins the entire first page of the thread. Im going to sleep because I'm to tired to have to worry about this threads reputation.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Maaaan I fucking love Krispy Kremes, went last week and 5 of us each got the pick your own dozen box to take away.
Lasted less than 2 days...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom