• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

Bit of rain today in Belfast, spot the idiot in the Merc

iWd9WfW2EIjQE.jpg

Muse are doing the official Olympics song.

It sounds like Muse, alright.

I've actually been looking forward to this shit since 2008. UK's Olympic culture focus is just going to be "we make the best rock music in the world!"

I said that's the approach we should take. "Listen up world, our sports side is a bit of a lame duck but we rock your shit at the arts." No-one can disagree!

Well, except maybe Canada. But fuck those guys.

Scuderia

Ah so down in the dumps lately, got laid off last week and there's literally no proper jobs around here, just agency work.

Wish i could just fuck off to Canada or something <_<

Ah so down in the dumps lately, got laid off last week and there's literally no proper jobs around here, just agency work.

Wish i could just fuck off to Canada or something <_<

That sucks dude. Chin up, I'm sure something will come up soon. In the meantime what's wrong with a little agency work? At least it's work, and doesn't it pay quite well?

I heard the Muse song this morning on Absolute Radio. Really not sure if I like it or not. Needs a few more listens.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
That sucks dude. Chin up, I'm sure something will come up soon. In the meantime what's wrong with a little agency work? At least it's work, and doesn't it pay quite well?

I heard the Muse song this morning on Absolute Radio. Really not sure if I like it or not. Needs a few more listens.

lol no it does not.

60 Quid a week i was, that was just my normal dole money with an extra tenner added on for transport.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Good morning UK-Gaf!

it is a pleasant morning in Flori..Eck cough eh um... uh, Shoreditch! I have been up all night doing work for a course I probably won't finish on time, and could use another cup of coffee, and perhaps an assortment of illegal stimulants.

Good morning UK-Gaf!

it is a pleasant morning in Flori..Eck cough eh um... uh, Shoreditch! I have been up all night doing work for a course I probably won't finish on time, and could use another cup of coffee, and perhaps an assortment of illegal stimulants.

You're back! Only a 2 week ban then eh? Lucky. What was it for? Was it something in the funny pictures thread? I can't remember if we figured it out or not.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
You're back! Only a 2 week ban then eh? Lucky. What was it for? Was it something in the funny pictures thread? I can't remember if we figured it out or not.

I requested a ban because I am finishing up some courses this week, and was really behind because of my Gaf addiction. It worked out rather well.

Qasiel

Mornin' Sean!

I'm having a nice day of studying today seeing as I told myself that I'd be doing that during my fortnight off work, but adventures kept cropping up. The weekend's almost in sight though. You guys and girls got any plans for it? The weather's looking a bit ropey, here in London, and I was hoping to get out on my new bike, if it arrives.

daviyoung

Banned
Our trenches aren't deep enough. We've been infilimitrated by the USA!

Welcome back Sean, I honestly thought you got banned because you introduced yourself here.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Mornin' Sean!

I'm having a nice day of studying today seeing as I told myself that I'd be doing that during my fortnight off work, but adventures kept cropping up. The weekend's almost in sight though. You guys and girls got any plans for it? The weather's looking a bit ropey, here in London, and I was hoping to get out on my new bike, if it arrives.

Our trenches aren't deep enough. We've been infilimitrated by the USA!

Welcome back Sean, I honestly thought you got banned because you introduced yourself here.

Thanks! That would be cruel of them to ban me for such a thing :(

Hopefully my day improves. I haven't gone to sleep yet, and have had way too much caffeine. I hope everyone is having a good week so far.

Mornin' Sean!

Really? It's nice and sunny and warm in the city! It is supposed to storm later though. I'll be glad for it, it's far too muggy at the mo.

I meant for this weekend. Rain and it'll also be much cooler.

EDIT: daviyoung, that made me laugh more than it should have

Ah fair enough. Yeah it looks shitty for this weekend.

I'm in Wales for the day, it's as grim as ever. I'm surprised the Welsh could tell the time before watches were invented.

Yep , this is definitely true. Every time I go home, as soon as I get anywhere near the bridge it starts pissing down. I think we possibly have worse weather than Scotland.

We only got watches about 20 years ago, we're so behind everyone else. Till then we basically had one person who would just count the seconds away. If they got themselves mixed up it was a nightmare.

Lirlond

Mark : before watches people used the position of the sun to tell time. Its so cloudy in Wales that you can't see the sun. So it must have been hard to tell the time in Wales before the watch was invented because they couldn't see the sun. Its a joke.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Its pishing down with rain here in my little part of scotland, fucking refreshing draft coming in my wide open window.

People with brutal warm weather all year round would KILL for this refreshing draft.

Suairyu

Banned
Gorgeous my end.

Just had a dream where I was at an IMAX and they were showing off new IMAX resolution video games (that shit was immersive!) but then suddenly it was actually my University and it was results day and my overall degree was a third and my boss was there and I was meant to be doing all this work I didn't understand and there were people who knew me but I didn't know them and everything was sponsored by McDonalds and Pizza Hut.

I've just woken up now at 13:30.

I honestly think I should stop eating cheese.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I've realised people called Russel are naturally the unfunniest

Russel Brand
Russel Kane
Russel Howard
Russel Grant
Russel Watson

I can definitely agree with this.

Also, I FUCKING HATE SEAN TWATTING WALSH.

sean-walsh-channel-4s-comedy-gala-held_5840002.jpg

This unfunny prick.

Oh and I've been awake since half 7 because it was too hot to sleep. It's been raining, it's murky but good god is it humid.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus, thunderstorms, hail, lightning and dark clouds over here in Leicester. Oh my!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Whenever it is hot and it starts to rain I find myself feel even hotter than before.

Don't even get a rainbow for my woes.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
I've done it again, being a sad bastard. I caved in buying Panzer Dragoon Saga for £150 (Pal version) so I can have it back in my collection again. The worst thing? I paid 100 for it again a few years back and lost it. This game is officially the most bought tripple dipped game in my existence, but I can't help it because it's the only thing I'd consider a masterpiece :(

Mr. Sam

I've done it again, being a sad bastard. I caved in buying Panzer Dragoon Saga for £150 (Pal version) so I can have it back in my collection again. The worst thing? I paid 100 for it again a few years back and lost it. This game is officially the most bought tripple dipped game in my existence, but I can't help it because it's the only thing I'd consider a masterpiece :(

That's... quite the financial investment. Just make sure you don't lose it this time, I guess.

I'm a sad bastard, but for different reasons. For example, this morning I did this:

GWgdal.jpg

Qasiel

That's... quite the financial investment. Just make sure you don't lose it this time, I guess.

I'm a sad bastard, but for different reasons. For example, this morning I did this:

GWgdal.jpg

I used to do that with my Master System & Mega Drive controllers, but the cables messed up really quickly. When I unboxed my N64, I saw how the cables were bundled and started to wrap my cables up in that way, and they lasted much longer! I still do it, which is quite sad.

Suairyu

Banned
It is a stunning, stunning game.

It's price is absolutely inflated online though. Should be closer to £80.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh would you look at that. The show I wanted to watch is cancelled without a word because of the tennis and all they are doing is talking. Shut up, close shop and come back tomorrow.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
It is a stunning, stunning game.

It's price is absolutely inflated online though. Should be closer to £80.

I don't mind paying the extra price to get back into my hands, considering how bloody rare it is. I will make sure this never gets lost again <3

Songbird

Prodigal Son
I'm 22 and have no job <_<

@Musha i've had bad experiences with Agencies in the past, they pay low and generally mess you about.

Where abouts in Kirkless do you live? I was up Holmfirth just last night.

Somewhere very close to Huddersfield at the moment... Thunder in Kirklees is my new band btw.

And yeah I'm in a similar position with jobs. Agencies seem to give up on me after a month's temp assignment or a poor showing.

SKINNER!

Banned

Hey! if you wanted it that badly then the price shouldn't matter :)
Kinda reminds me of the time I spent £70 on a copy of Snatcher for the Mega CD. Now if only I can find a decently priced Multi-Mega to play it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom