• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh shit yeah so he is. What did he do? Can't see any recent posts that are offensive.

See you next Tuesday, I even sent him a PM to edit, but some idiots quoted it before he read it I think.

As an aside, inspired by Team GB cycling I decided to break out my bike and ride to work today, fuck that was tough, 11 miles from my house to Canary Wharf, it took me like 50 minutes which is actually faster than the train, but it was damn hard. Still I think I might start to do it a couple of times a week, ride to work one day, ride back the next then a day off, ride there and then back the next day.

I think I need to get in better shape and this seems like a good way of doing it, and since I leave for work pretty early (7.30am) the traffic in the city is not so bad and the fumes are not so bad, I might get a Japanese style mask though if it gets bad in the heat.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
kentpaul is just mad he has a terrible taste in videogames.

Don't talk with my penis in your mouth as it vibrates making me feel funny.
xD

Bought gears of war 3 and it runs like complete shit, feels like 10fps with a 3d gif moving around.. Despite that the game is fucking badass

Il invest some decent time into this and become the best, Hungover to shit though and have work.

Life is tough, Il need to tough this out and become better.

It's nearly Friiiiiiiiiday!!!!!!!!!!!

What's everyone's plans for the weekend?

I might go to Hyde Park tomorrow to watch Feeder. Saturday my friend who's getting married in a few weeks is coming over so she can sample the cupcakes I'm making for her reception. Sunday is Olympic mountain biking. Fun times kids, fun times.

Mr. Sam

Fun times indeed. I'll be finishing Binary Domain - the game which everyone should play.

Feeder did about four Nirvana covers when I saw them at Sonisphere a few years back. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

BBQ time! Going to the butchers tomorrow morning, getting some sausages, chicken and beef, then heading to the fish mongers to get some rainbow trout and halibut fillets. I have like 10 people coming over and 8 instalight bags of coal and a huge bag of charcoal briquettes for the burgers!

It's going to be fucking legendary.

Oh, yeah, I also have about 4 crates of beer going into the fridge tonight!

SKINNER!

Banned
I'll be packing my stuff into boxes for the move at the end of the month. Probably head out with the work colleagues assuming they'll be out. Nothing special this weekend.

Kentpaul

It's nearly Friiiiiiiiiday!!!!!!!!!!!

What's everyone's plans for the weekend?

I might go to Hyde Park tomorrow to watch Feeder. Saturday my friend who's getting married in a few weeks is coming over so she can sample the cupcakes I'm making for her reception. Sunday is Olympic mountain biking. Fun times kids, fun times.

Going to have a sober weekend and play the fuck out of gears of awesome 3. I will also be hitting It hard at the gym.

Burn some hashish into the cupcakes for a funny surprise.

Kentpaul

Fun times indeed. I'll be finishing Binary Domain - the game which everyone should play.

Feeder did about four Nirvana covers when I saw them at Sonisphere a few years back. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I will check that game out as a side project to gears of awesome 3.

Going to have a sober weekend and play the fuck out of gears of awesome 3. I will also be hitting It hard at the gym.

Burn some hashish into the cupcakes for a funny surprise.

No need, they're alcoholic cupcakes. Jack Daniels to be precise. And they're awesome.

Might make some to bring to the next meet up...

How on earth have you baked alcohol without the alcohol being burnt up?

What is this sorcery? Reveal your secrets!

I don't bake the alcohol..... after the cake has baked you make a small hole in the top and pour a small amount of alcohol over the sponge. But most of the alcohol flavouring is in the icing.

So far everyone who has tried them has loved them, hence the wedding reception request!

Zaph

Oh wow LOL, I read this...

We didn't want to get involved any earlier than this. Everyone knows how incompetent the French are with drugs testing and the way they support all their dopers like Baugè (Disgusting). So we let you take your time sorting yourselves out (99 years it took!) before we decided to win the tour.

Wiggins has done more than restore British dominance, he's brought fairness and dignity back to the tour. No Frenchman could ever do that.

And all I can now imagine is someone looking like this...

Iy712.jpg

Darren870

Probably nothing. Though a BBQ does sound good. Maybe I'll use the grill if its not disgusting. Haven't used it yet this summer.

Otherwise gym and relaxing...I suppose.

Lirlond

I plan on a weekend of doing eff all. Got some good books to read so I'll do that. Next week I might have a job so I'm doing the best with what I've got

Kentpaul

My hangover has turned into full blown depression. I'm never drinking again. Such dark bleak thoughts going through my mind right now. Who am I and what have I became. A fucking joke.

Question for UK-GAF, having watched almost all the Olympics, I think it is time to change the national anthem. God Save the Queen is far too processional and it should be saved for royal events such as the trooping of the colour or whichever jubilee is coming next

What should we change our national anthem to or should we keep God Save the Queen?

My vote goes to Land of Hope and Glory by Elgar, Britain's greatest musical composer.

http://youtu.be/vpEWpK_Dl7M

We were discussing it at work today, a lot of people liked Rule Britannia as well, but I don't think we rule the waves any more.

Question for UK-GAF, having watched almost all the Olympics, I think it is time to change the national anthem. God Save the Queen is far too processional and it should be saved for royal events such as the trooping of the colour or whichever jubilee is coming next

What should we change our national anthem to or should we keep God Save the Queen?

My vote goes to Land of Hope and Glory by Elgar, Britain's greatest musical composer.

http://youtu.be/vpEWpK_Dl7M

We were discussing it at work today, a lot of people liked Rule Britannia as well, but I don't think we rule the waves any more.

Only if we get to listen to the whole damn thing every single time. Troll the world with it.

I detest the version of God Save The Queen used for the Olympics. Its missing three crucial notes. . .

This should be the version of it sung.

God save our gracious Queen
Long live our noble Queen
God save the Queen
Send her victorious
Happy and glorious
Long to reign over us
God save the Queen

O Lord our God arise
Scatter her enemies
And make them fall
Confound their politics
Frustrate their knavish tricks
On Thee our hopes we fix
God save us all

Thy choicest gifts in store
On her be pleased to pour
Long may she reign
May she defend our laws
And ever give us cause
To sing with heart and voice
God save the Queen

The second verse is boss.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Too England centric, that's a great anthem for England, but I can't image Welsh or Scottish people singing an ode to England.

That's why it's awesome.

Anyway, England doesn't have an anthem. I'd be okay with England = Jerusalem and the UK as a whole having Elgar.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
We got drunk the other night and decided to pose with Huddersfield's gold postbox
bAyHi.jpg

YEAH GO ED CLANCY.

I'm the one on the far right. I was convinced at some point that night I kept doing the Usain Bolt pose but I may have dreamed that...

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I don't bake the alcohol..... after the cake has baked you make a small hole in the top and pour a small amount of alcohol over the sponge. But most of the alcohol flavouring is in the icing.

So far everyone who has tried them has loved them, hence the wedding reception request!

Ohhh this sounds incredible.

are those all gaffers.

p.s. apologies that you had to go out in huddersfield

Nah just my mates, but we don't get many photos of ourselves in here!

Chinner

Banned
"im really looking forward to play bf3, medal of honour, call of duty, and the bf4 beta next year!" - kentpaul on having bad taste in videogames

SKINNER!

Banned
God save our gracious Queen
Long live our noble Queen
God save the Queen
Send her victorious
Happy and glorious
Long to reign over us
God save the Queen

O Lord our God arise
Scatter her enemies
And make them fall
Confound their politics
Frustrate their knavish tricks
On Thee our hopes we fix
God save us all

Thy choicest gifts in store
On her be pleased to pour
Long may she reign
May she defend our laws
And ever give us cause
To sing with heart and voice
God save the Queen

I'm not a huge fan of the UK national anthem but I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel somewhat patriotic when I heard that beautiful full-version rendition of it that was used for the Zombie-U trailer back in June.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPHPd1EP_c8

Kentpaul

"im really looking forward to play bf3, medal of honour, call of duty, and the bf4 beta next year!" - kentpaul on having bad taste in videogames

I'm not a video game snob. Gears of war 3 is fucking badass man.

500 miles should be our anthem. Show the world our humour.

Gears of war 3 is a perfect multilayer experience. It's a pity I'm pretty much forced to buy the map pack for it to join most matchmaking modes.

Bravo at being a pain in my ass epic/ms

f0rk

We got drunk the other night and decided to pose with Huddersfield's gold postbox
bAyHi.jpg

YEAH GO ED CLANCY.

I'm the one on the far right. I was convinced at some point that night I kept doing the Usain Bolt pose but I may have dreamed that...

They are going to have to repaint that now you scum

Was just chatting to a friend of mine on Skype, he went to Macedonia with his gf for like four days. Says he is never going back because the people are all racist as fuck. He is black and has a white gf, they would walk into restaurants and the waiters would completely ignore him, he couldn't get served at bars, the hotel staff told him that specifically that they would check the room after they leave to make sure that all of the stuff was still there so not to take anything (WTF?!?) and when they went out macho guys would hit on his gf while he was sitting there and call him a
nigger
in front of his face.

What the fuck kind of backwards country is this!?!? Makes me feel so happy to live in Britain where these kind of racists are marginalised and almost non-existent.

Darren870

Was just chatting to a friend of mine on Skype, he went to Macedonia with his gf for like four days. Says he is never going back because the people are all racist as fuck. He is black and has a white gf, they would walk into restaurants and the waiters would completely ignore him, he couldn't get served at bars, the hotel staff told him that specifically that they would check the room after they leave to make sure that all of the stuff was still there so not to take anything (WTF?!?) and when they went out macho guys would hit on his gf while he was sitting there and call him a
nigger
in front of his face.

What the fuck kind of backwards country is this!?!? Makes me feel so happy to live in Britain where these kind of racists are marginalised and almost non-existent.

Sounds like the south in the states...
(deep south that is)

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah the "South" of America doesn't bode well for visiting if you're not a "white man", you're pretty much going to get grilled there. They're very far back in some ways, the ones that don't accept the world as it is today anyway.

Seanbob11

Guys, check out Wonderland on iPlayer. It is some of the most amazing television you will see this year.

Talking of amazing Television, I've just started watching breaking bad. I'm on Season 3 and it's possibly the best television I've ever seen. Puts most shows to shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom