• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Any clubbers in the house?

Currently mixing up some awesome tunes. This is playing right now :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQA5gQQNkIo

Hhnnngggh
A song shouldn't take 2 millenniums to start up.

Far too repetitive. Also they should listen to some old game soundtracks to understand what makes a chiptune catchy.

The best of the three. Each section never overstays its welcome. Only one I was willing to listen to all the way through.

And since we're all linking to YouTube music clips I won't leave empty handed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl1wtb2_tQ0

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
That's exactly what it was like in Hull too. Everyone was shouting for it to be louder for the first 10 minutes, then they cranked it up to full, floor shuddering loudness! They stopped the film as well halfway through to tell us that cameras weren't allowed, to the reply of 'but these are!' holding up baggies. They didn't bother us after that.

Morning you sexy fucks. And just to make your grey ass morning that bit better, you can start it off with some thumping electro house by Wales' most unheard of!

Soundcloud
http://soundcloud.com/mark-potter/doesnt-get-more-jumpin-than

Mix.DJ
http://www.mix.dj/viral-player/4735308/Doesn't_get_more_Jumpin'.html

Tracklist:
L'Amour - Bingo Players
Haters Gonna Hate (Nicky Romero Out of Space Remix) - Tonight Only
Bye America - Luke Toloson & Tom Buster
Analogical (Hard Rock Sofa Remix) - Marco V
Can't stop me - Afrojack & Shermanology
Pressure - (Alesso Remix) - Alex Kenji & Starkillers & Nadia Ali
You got me Fallin (Nay Ray Remix) - Three N One
Resurrection (Axwell's Recut Club Version) - Michael Calfan
Sunshine (Original Mix) David Guetta & Avicii
Set me free (Avicii Remix) - Phonat
Up (Instrumental) - Maurizio Gubellini vs Nari & Milani
Cry Just A Little - Bingo Players
Tonight - we are Swedish - Alex Engstrom
This Is So Good (Original Mix) - Ehrencrona
Paradise (Fedde Le Grand Remix) - Coldplay
Wild One Two (Original Mix) - David Guetta & Nicky Romero
Troll (Original Mix) - Qulinez

Vagabundo

These are hilarious. What was Limmy's show?

No idea. I think it was a show on one of the BBCX (3 or 4 maybe) channels. There are a few other clips of sketches on youtube, but I never seen the show.

Someone showed me the link on youtube at an RPG session.

SmokyDave

So Journey is out on PS3 for us non PS+ folk. Proper excited.

I doubt this will be the last time I say this, but: it should be on Vita too. I want to buy it, I want to play it, but I want it on my Vita as well. I'm not spending enough time in front of the PS3 to justify buying it right now.

Plus, all the time I spend at the PS3 is spent playing GT5. My PS3 is switched on 24/7 running GT5 with the wheel hooked up, either doing B-Spec races or just sitting there until I fancy a quick lap of the 'ring. I now consider it a dedicated GT5 box and I'm seriously thinking about buying another PS3 for the downstairs setup to play 'other' games.

Goddamn I love GT5. Far more than I could articulate on these here pages.

Suairyu

Banned
I doubt this will be the last time I say this, but: it should be on Vita too. I want to buy it, I want to play it, but I want it on my Vita as well. I'm not spending enough time in front of the PS3 to justify buying it right now.
I agree that games should be on more platforms, but I suspect it's been coded in a way to take advantage of the PS3 architecture. thatgamecompany is a very small studio and they always make their own engines. It wouldn't be an easy port job at all.

game needs big screen and comfy couch!111

Suairyu

Banned
I feel like a scumbag for saying it, but I can't justify paying the ten pound or whatever it is for a less than two hour experience. I just don't have the money to waste on video games at the moment.
Well, put it this way: most games are longer than two hours due to being filled with padding and repeated content. Every thatgamecompany game has been short, yes, but there has not been a single moment of redundant content. They've also provided experiences so unique that I have been thinking about them for months afterwards. flower is still one of my games of the generation.

I expect the same of Journey.

Well, put it this way: most games are longer than two hours due to being filled with padding and repeated content. Every thatgamecompany game has been short, yes, but there has not been a single moment of redundant content. They've also provided experiences so unique that I have been thinking about them for months afterwards. flower is still one of my games of the generation.

I expect the same of Journey.

I'm sure it's amazing but I'm broke to the point where I have 20 euro to see me until friday and I have to spend 17 of that on bus fair. I can't put myself in debt for something that I'm only going to get a couple of hours out of.

Suairyu

Banned
I'm sure it's amazing but I'm broke to the point where I have 20 euro to see me until friday and I have to spend 17 of that on bus fair. I can't put myself in debt for something that I'm only going to get a couple of hours out of.
Oh, well if you can't afford videogames at all, you don't need a game length argument to say you won't be buying it!

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
300 euros in my pocket and expecting a few hundred quid to be paid into my bank on Friday, I'm doing all right at the moment. Thinking about replacing my hd 5770 with a gtx 560 thoughts ?

SmokyDave

I agree that games should be on more platforms, but I suspect it's been coded in a way to take advantage of the PS3 architecture. thatgamecompany is a very small studio and they always make their own engines. It wouldn't be an easy port job at all.

game needs big screen and comfy couch!111

Yeah, there's a million good reasons for it not happening, I just wish it would. I was lucky enough to attend the presentation of Journey by thatgamecompany at GameCity and I learned then that there'd be no Vita version. I'm just infatuated with my new toy.

Hixx

300 euros in my pocket and expecting a few hundred quid to be paid into my bank on Friday, I'm doing all right at the moment. Thinking about replacing my hd 5770 with a gtx 560 thoughts ?

Ti?

I made the same jump and it was worth it. Can notch everything to max in the Witcher 2 at 1080p (apart from ubersampling) and never worry about it dropping below 30fps. On my 5770 it was ~25fps on medium-low.

Qasiel

Just sold some old drums and a stool for 35 quid (got another 40 coming tomorrow). Time to pop into Game methinks...

On a side note, it's a lovely day here in SE London!

nope. The office I'm in is a normal room divided into smaller rooms, which are my office and the server room. You tell how much I'm worth to the company because they gave the server the window.

Suairyu

Banned
Keep saving. You have gambling debts to earn back!

But seriously, 300 euro? That's enough for a nice little weekend in Spain or France or something with the missus. Go enrich your soul.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
One visit to the dentist means I won't be splashing the cash for a while.

I've got a bit of a Wii backlog so I don't see the need to buy games at the moment. Maybe a DS or 3DS game since I play on that much more these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom